Brownies, 40 years later

The last time I made brownies was almost exactly 41 years ago. I made my last ones just before I went in the Navy in 1976. I made them for a going away celebration my friends had.

I finally got the opportunity to try to make some brownies again last evening and it was a blast. I used most of the Ghost Train Haze that I had and added a 1/2 tsp of pollen from my grinder and went at it.

I used a brownie mix that I got for Christmas that was really good. I made them up and MAY have put just a dash to much in it ! ! LOL I had them sitting out to cool when my wife came home and she ate a small piece of one. My wife does not believe in smoking cannabis or using alcohol too much, just how she was brought up. She has always been a light weight for anything. In about two hours, she was laughing uncontrollably and just staring at the TV and her hands. Another two hours and she was totally out on the couch. I enjoyed the high but it was just a little too strong. Solution: Smaller portions ! These are gonna last for a while !

I expected a world of DEEP Do-Do this morning but she was really cool. She asked me what she had to drink last night and I said just one wine and a quarter of a brownie with cannabis in it. She said that was cool and might want to try some again some time. Could have knocked me over with a feather. Maybe hope for her yet !

DAMN, I LOVE growing cannabis ! Jerry

16 Likes

@TxGrowman
LMAO! Great story! When I first read the title I thought it was going to be about some 40 year old brownies! :astonished:

4 Likes

Genuinely like a box of brownies you had forgotten about for 40 years lol doubt they age like wine but hey hp

3 Likes

Kind of like a fruit cake!
@McLovin777

2 Likes

Great story @TxGrowman… Laughing hard here

1 Like

That’s the hardest Ive laughed all day. Did you get pictures

2 Likes

The cannabis is a lot stronger and your growing better stuff than back in then70’s… Glad the wife is not mad at you lol @TxGrowman

2 Likes

@TxGrowman, hey brother its never to late to convert your wife , and just think how much more fun you can have , next it will be the pipe lol.

3 Likes

Should have got pics. It was HILARIOUS !

I was freakin’ amazed that she was so cool about it ! Thing is that I really think she enjoyed it ! I have never seen her that relaxed and enjoying a situation like she was. We have been married for 36 years. Guess ya’ never really know someone. Jerry

Hey @Coltfire ! Good to hear from you ! I haven’t been on much lately as a lot of personal stuff is keeping me busy. I’ll never get her to smoke but MAYBE a vape ?? Not as harsh, she has NEVER smoked in her life. I think the brownies were just what the doctor ordered and the easiest way to go. Take care brother ! Jerry

1 Like

@TxGrowman… That’s cool… My wife doesn’t smoke, she would be more open to edibles,… I may have a shot at vaping within her but I haven’t smoked in over 20 plus years, so when I go to smoke some, I may be just like you wife… Lol. I may go cannatonic or something… Lol

1 Like

Vaping is awesome for me. I have lung problems and use cannabis for medicine. The nice thing is that the leaves and flowers never burn so you do not have to inhale all that carbon and impurities. Was a complete game changer for me.

@TxGrowman… I Need to look into that, any model that you use or can suggest?.. Wht are costs etc? I truly have no idea about vaping at all lol

Will get back to you later on that. I am really busy now. Try to get you an answer tonight. I use a company not on Amazon so I cannot talk too much about it.

1 Like

:heart::heart::heart::heart:Nice!:heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

WOW, I loved my brownie break after finishing the work today. I cut the dose down but apparently not enough. Typing is becoming a major task ! !

@Zombo Sorry for the delay. I got all my work done and found what I was looking for. Take a look at this post that was in forum earlier. A lot of good info here and a lot of different people using the vape.

Hope that helps you. Personally, Vaping is #1 in my book. Doesn’t make my airway have problems. Take Care !

Jerry

@TxGrowman… Thx for the info Jerry, enjoy your day

You know, I really never thought about it because about 50% of the time we don’t even talk. It would be a funny picture though. :sunglasses: