Brown spots on leaves

i just noticed when outside that some have brown looking spots on leaves. i am completely new at this. i decided to put them outside for natural sunlight while i make a indoor grow closet. it just rained over here and i checked on them and saw this. Please any advice will be greatly appreciated.

i am using miracle grow soil. i saw that i had new nodes like 3-4. i sprinkled a little blood meal on soil. could this be it… nute burn???

it was a real tiny amount

Those very tiny white spots, are they fuzzy, do they wipe off? It might be a fungus, like powdery mildew.

My first assumption with brown spots is almost always a nutrient deficiency, or maybe a toxicity, brought on by a pH that is out of the optimal range, or not very close to the ideal, for soil it should be 6.5pH, in the soil, at the root zone is where it counts the most, but if you are watering it with hard tap water you are likely to start having problems in your soil.

the white spots in soil or on plant. its perlite in soil

On the plant’s leaves, tiny tiny stuff I can kind of see in the picture.

The twisting and the spots could be from some nutrients being too high, sometimes, but it could also be from pH and this seems to be the case most commonly. Getting a pH or nutrient concentration reading from your soil could help confirm or rule these out.

Did you sprinkle a little blood meal on the leaves unintentionally?

how to test ph of soil

i sprinkled some around soil maybe some got on leaves. i water with tap water mostly or bottled water.

There are a few ways to check the pH and nutrient concentrations of your soil. You will need the tools.

Nutrient concentration and pH can be tested with test strips or drops, or you can get a digital pen and/or a soil probe. I recommend getting at least one of each of the digital pens. The nutrient concentration pens will read in EC(electrical conductivity) or a conversion of that number to a total dissolved solids(TDS) in a parts per million(PPM) number. The pH pen is a little easier as it only reads pH and measures the acidity, neutrality or alkalinity of a solution.

You can test these to get a general idea of what is in your soil by watering to near saturation and letting a little too much water seep out the bottom as “run off” and then test this solution with the pens

Also, to maybe get a little more precise and accurate reading of exactly what is in your soil you can also test it as described in Robert’s blog here:

Ok thanks all for the advice

i dont know what to do should i transplant or leave it

the middle part looks greener i dont know if that means its still good or not

From a fellow grower:

Need some help with this seedling. One of the white widow ones. I have
it outdoor in pot to get sunlight. I did sprinkle a little bit of
blood meal on soil.

I hate to hijack this post, but I couldn’t figure out how to start my own lol. Here’s a few pictures from my garden and I need help. This yellowing and leaves curling up started 3 days ago. What should I do and what is it?

Ok, so you posted in a thread that was relevant to your situation, but did you read the above? These same things apply to your situation with your water and your soil, pH and nutrient concentrations are very likely part of the problem.

And you can find great deals on these measuring tools here:

TDS meter:

pH meter:

http://www.amazon.com/EtekcityÂŽ-Accuracy-Approved-Measurement-Resolution/dp/B00FJFEB2O/?tag=greenrel-20

Also, it does look like something might be eating some of your leaves as well, but I don’t necessarily think that is the cause of the yellowing or curling.

Happy growing,

MacG

Profile - MacGyverStoner - I Love Growing Marijuana Forum. .

The pH on my soil is around seven I water with bottled water I’ve got good quality topsoil from the garden center I don’t want my plants to die what should I do? Please help

Why do my posts keep getting hidden. I just need help

I answered your question and helped.

Maybe the most recent post was blocked by the computer automatically because you put a web link on the page and it thought it was spam even though it was apparently my profiles address, lol. But that is the only one I found temporarily hidden.

About 7 is not good enough, we need exact numbers. And it really needs to be closer to 6.5 in the soil for a healthy plant.

Bottled water might not necessarily be good either. What is the pH of the bottled water? Also what kind of minerals might it contain, a EC or PPM reading of that water would also be good info to help us diagnose anything.

Those new pictures with the really yellow leaves with really dark spots has me a bit worried.

We need to know the previously mentioned parameters. And we could possibly use even more info.

Try answering all the relevant questions in the ILGM support ticket that Latewood had first developed. It’s is a great checklist of things in your plant’s environment that might help give us an idea of what could be going wrong.

Answer all the relevant questions the best you can, if you do not know, or do not use something, just say so or put ‘NA’.

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(strain name, unknown bag seed, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/runoff) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels?

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %?

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you :slight_smile: and maybe we can get closer to the cause of your problems:

Also, the different plants might be suffering from different things, the small plant/seedling looks like nute burn, way to much nutrients in the growing medium or maybe a severe pH nutrient lockout or toxicity(again, nute burn).

Top soil from the nursery would be way to strong for seedlings, I’m pretty sure.

The top soil might not be providing the necessary nutrients for an adult plant, are you feeding them anything else, or moving them to bigger containers with more fresh soil as they get bigger? this is why the support ticket could help, we’d know more about what type of plan or feeding regiment you are using on your plants.