Bobthebuilder First Grow Newbie Northern Cali Indoor (White Widow Feminized Autoflower)

Here are some pics out in the sunlight. They do not look as bad out here but still a problem We have backed off on nutrients probably too much skipped 2 feedings using Fox Farms Grow Big Big Bloom Tiger Bloom on Fox farms schedule. @Sl1 @Nug-bug @MAXHeadRoom @SourD @bonnie1 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Jmesser80 @bob31

1 Like

Ah yeah one of my GL looked just as bad after she started budding, cal mag and low P was her issue, her clones are benefiting from that knowledge though!

Once you know, you can
Improve next grow!!!

(Lower row are clones I took before she went deficient)

2 Likes

i’m glad you’re on the mend @BobTheBuilder…great looking ladies there!
i’m glad your crop did not suffer also… get well soon!

1 Like

Yeah I agree with sl1 looks like she’s hungry.

1 Like

Oh wow… bob so sorry to hear about your health taking a turn for the worst, and your plants as well!! Your plants are still massive and you’re going to be fine and so are your plants. I’m thankful for medical technology and glad they fixed you right up! :grimacing:

2 Likes

@BobTheBuilder Sorry to heart about your heart attack, hope your getting better brother.

When ever someone asks for help with a problem it is always best practices that they post a support ticket.

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:

Age from Sprout:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots:

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:

Indoor or Outdoor:

Light system, size and height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Also here is a Deficiencies & Excesses Chart to help you identify what is wrong with your plants

1 Like

Glad your ok👍

1 Like

Strain; Seed from ILGM White widow feminized auto flower

Age from Sprout: 4/18 Soaked seeds in water for 36 hours, All sprouted, Planted 4/20 Through ground 4 /23

Soil in pots, Fox Farm Ocean Forest in 2 gallon pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Water everyday every third day we feed with nutrients according to Fox Farm Schedule. we work with the weight

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: from 5.3 to 6.1 most under 6.0

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: will have later

Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor

Light system, size and height from plants: LED 1980 watts actual 12" to 20"

Temps; Day, Night: 85* this last week or so been 110+ outside here 71* with lights off

Humidity; Day, Night:52% 52%

Ventilation system; yes

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: we have all three

Co2; No:

Disclaimer - Do not take my advise! Im just a noob learning as well, but would like to take a shot at this and then wait for @bob31 @Nug-bug advise to see how close I am. More of a test for myself..

2 gallon pots seem to small. Possible root bound. Should have started in 3 gallon pots. Not much you can do about it at this point.
PH is way to low causing nute lock out. Should be 6.3 to 6.8
Light may be to low at 12"?

3 Likes

Ok I thought they were in fabric pots but I went up and they are plastic. So how long have they been in the 2gal?
And @Rugar89 is spot on with the ph.
Anyway you can pot up? Shot of super thrive fresh soil and should make a turn

2 Likes

@Nug-bug
They have been in those pots for 6 1/2 weeks according to his journal.
Isn’t it to late to transplant a auto this far along?

2 Likes

Yes I retract my earlier statement.
With them already flowering,you can’t Trans.
They are cannbilizing because they can’t get it from the medium, ph flush with the last bit give nutes

1 Like

Good Morning @Nug-bug @Rugar89 @BobTheBuilder

I scrolled back up and looked at the pots and noticed that the girl in the pic is in flower. I think transplanting at this point is a tad late, but I’m going to leave this part to the expertise of the grower. Plus, knowing he had a recent heart attack and not sure of his capabilities and if he might have someone to help him?

So lets come back to that.

The pH Going in? Can you clarify? @BobTheBuilder

The water going in should be more like 6.5 in FFOF soil and pH measured after the nutrients are added.

Also you need to alternate feedings with plain pH water. Even with a two gallon pot they should be able to go two-three days in between waterings. Giving nutrients every three days is more than she can handle I believe.

Nutrients once a week and water in between.So if nutrient day is Wednesday, then water on Saturday and Monday as needed just to runoff.

What I am seeing looks like nutrient burn. is it from too much nutrients or an out of wack pH or both.

Also the light seems to be too close. What does the manufacturer recommend?

I agree with the boys on all points @BobTheBuilder but the good news is almost all of these issues are really just minor tweaks that will get you back on track quickly!

1 Like

@bob31
So did I pass? I think this stuff is starting to sink in. :dizzy_face:

2 Likes

Absolutely, with flying colors, brother! Nice job @Rugar89

2 Likes

I need to get PH up that is the most important. Right? Sorry head has been other places. Wife did a good job on her own they are still green. A way to increase PH without repotting? Or can I do it with nutrients and “good 6.5” water Just checked our tap water for regular watering and PH is 7.3 so am I missing something? @bob31 @Rugar89 @Nug-bug

You need to water them with a water pH of 6.5 or else they can’t properly uptake the nutrients.

At 7.3 pH if you look at the chart your pretty much out of the range that any nutrients can be absorbed by the roots.

Here is what I recommend for pH Up and Down and a backup test kit. Buy both up and down because usually the nutrients lower the pH considerably (well some brands do) Always pH the water after nutrients are added.

Also, be careful with the hose water. Make sure you drain out any old water before using it. That stuff can get nasty. Also If you’re on a municipal water they treat the water with chlorine or other chemicals. They really aren’t good for MJ Plants. Water needs to sit in open containers a minimum of 24 hours to disperse the chlorine.

@BobTheBuilder

1 Like

pH up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

and available at your local grow/hydro store as well.

@BobTheBuilder

1 Like

So please be patient some things do not work as before. Use the PH down on our tap water to get it to 6.5 and make sure it sits open topped for at least 24 to get rid of chlorine. When we feed mix nutrients and check PH adjust as necessary to 6.5. With watering we used to let them dry out and then water which would fit the schedule you suggest Do not remember why we changed. I am doing great physically but seem a bit slow upstairs, hopefully just all the stuff that has passed. We also had someone else water when I was down and that’s when all this came to a head. Ladies are really wet now especially after doing the PH runoff We plan on feeding when dry @bob31 @Nug-bug @Rugar89

@BobTheBuilder kinda looks like they are stretching for the light my friend so maybe move the light a tad bit closer?

1 Like