Blueberry Clones

Look forward to seeing how these flower. Will the hairs be blue ?

1 Like

No, at least the mother plant never showed any signs of blue color. I would be ecstatic if she did turn!!

Did you get your blueberry from seed and if so did you get your seed from ILGM? I want to grow blueberry. ILGM shows a pic of blueberry in the seed shop and the hairs are blue. That would be cool to grow, plus the blueberry I have smoked over the years has always been awsome.

Yes I started from seed, but my Blueberry strain came from Spliff Seeds that I ordered from another seed bank.
I re-read the description on their Blueberry, and I’ll just post it here for everyone. Hopefully these blueberry girls will show their true color. I can understand why the mother didn’t show any blue, she almost died from my ex girl friends rage, but k managed to save her and bring her back to life. I’m sure the stress caused her to just focus of putting out buds and not on color. Or it just a different phenotype. I don’t know.

Blueberry Feminized Marijuana Seeds Blueberry Feminized Marijuana Seeds by Spliff Seeds: Blueberry Feminized 75% Indica Genotype: (Chocolate Thai x Afghani #1 x Highland Oaxaca) x NL Special, fruity slightly earthy aroma and blueberry, sweet flavour, heavy, compact buds, impressive yields, ultimate medicinal plant, big Indica body stoner, potential THC level high. The original Blueberry is composed of an exotic mix of genetics: Chocolate Thai, Afghani and Highland Oaxacan Gold. She’s originally from California, USA, where she was first conceived by the famous DJ Short, this Blue Berry was then crossed with one of our best Northern Lights Special fathers resulting in an Indica dominant strain, a 75% Indica strain with a high level of THC. She can also be grown outdoors in more Northern Countries and produces blue shades on its leaves as days get colder. In Holland they finish mid-October, in open soil she will reach around 3 metres in height. She is reasonably compact with only a few side branches. The calyxes and fan leaves are of a beautiful blue/purple. She has massive trichome coverage for outdoor. When harvesting you will have your hands covered in sticky resin, an awesome flower-to-leaf ratio, so a piece of cake to manicure. Our Blue Berry has three phenos with variation in bud shape, leaves, high and colour, pheno #1 (Indica dominant) has a stretched, compact bud structure, a great flower-to-leaf ratio. The overall appearance is a green plant with a few purple pistils, with pheno # 2 (Indica dominant) both the buds and leaves will turn purple. She has that old school Indica buzz. Pheno # 3 is more Sativa inclined. Only the calyxes turn purple. She forms one large, tall bud and will have more of a Sativa high. Overall you can say Blue Berry is a short, sturdy and stocky plant producing heavy, compact buds. She has candle shaped calyxes, medium to large. In ideal conditions these calyxes can turn purple. Flower-to-leaf ratio is good. You can prune or fim her to improve yield, but she does need some room. She doesn’t require too much nutrients. Vegetative period should be about three weeks. Blue Berry has a fruity somewhat earthy aroma and a berrylike, sweet flavour. She has a long-lasting Indica high with a body stoned sensation. Medicinal value: insomnia, digestive problems, emotional problems, nausea, diarrhoea, menstrual cramp, chronic pain, joint and muscle pain and fibromyalgia.

But I do know that I want these girls to turn blue, at least a little would be nice!

Sounds like a great strain. Maybe someday you’ll get to try a different strain of blueberry for a comparison.

1 Like

Or maybe I will and you could see some pics.

Update pictures
Budding looks GREAT so far! Can’t wait to see these nugs grow long!

Clone A (Day 21, week 3 of flower)

Clone B (Day 4 of flower)

Together, Clone B on the left and Clone A in the right. Just added a 6" vent fan to my 600w air cooled hooded HPS. Temps don’t go about 81F with constant fresh air coming in and good humidity at 45%

3 Likes

I love watchin’ them buds get bigger and sticky.

1 Like

Update pictures
Clone A (Day 22)

Both Clone A and B

Treez

6 Likes

Was looking back a bit at the pic of your root ball. Man that’s nice. Your plants have an even color about them. I grow in promix and it seems like it would be easier to diagnose and make an adjustment with a setup like yours.

1 Like

@rjw71 that’s EXACTLY why I made the switch to hydro. I spent about 6 months with soil and had a decent harvest but realized that hydro was the better route for me. I can tweek any little thing I need to, almost at any point I need to as well. I can change root zone pH in seconds, even the amount of air it’s getting and the water temp. For me it’s a thousand times easier than soil haha, and less stressful! I absolutely love it so far, the growth is phenomenal and my plants never looked this nice in such a short amount of time in soil. Like for soil, I would veg for 2 months and my plants never got close to this big. This blueberry was vegged for 1 month and is already doubled the size of my biggest soil harvest! Maybe I was just really confused with soil, but hydro seems easier and has proven to be the better of the two growing methods for me!

Treez

3 Likes

Man you got me all jazzed up about it. This is my third attempt since I got my medical card. This grow is awsome so far but I have ph issues and flushing would take forever. I’m due for a hernia operation soon so I’m kinda limited. Dwc would be the answer.

1 Like

Give a go man! You won’t regret it. You’ll learn and gain experience either way! And you can get a whole DWC setup on Amazon for like $50. Comes with everything with the weed haha!

4 Likes

Man that’s cheap. I will try it. I get the feeling that if I go with only one dwc and the other five promix I’ll wish I went all the way.

1 Like

Lol that’s exactly how I started @rjw71, one by one I bought a new bucket and added it into my tents!
But that’s the best part. If you decide you want to do another DWC you just need to buy another bucket, air stone, air hose, and air pump. But after like 3 buckets I decided to buy a bigger air pump, it only made sense.
Either way, check it out, maybe give it a go? You’ll have fun with it I guarantee, and regardless of how well the plant grows you’ll definitely learn something from it!

2 Likes

Very cool conversation. Thanks for your input. I’m feeling more confident about trying, knowing there’s plenty of help.

1 Like

sorry to hear that your plants were destroyed, what a bummer, Super glad one made it And you are doing Extraordinarilly things with it !! Amazzing, didn’t know you could take soo many cuttings, my question is was that an Auto Flower Blue Berry as I just ordered (and received) my first 3 seeds. I was just wondering the growth stage it was in (months) when you started doing the cuttings. I have 20 more White Widow Auto seeds coming in two different deliveries which I plan on experimenting with as well, this post is Very interesting . Thanx Treez
FyshhTrap

1 Like

@FyshhTrap Both of these are actually clones from the mother. The mother was the original Blueberry I grew, and she’s who almost died but I brought her back to life. I took 2 clones from her when I realized she was returned from the dead! That’s the two clones here. But, from Clone A that’s pictured here, I’ve taken 6 new clones. As long as you have good genetics you can take clone after clone and keep harvesting the same plant basically. I bought one seed but it’s grown me 9 plants so far haha! Clone A is only 3 weeks into flower, and was vegged (from clone started in April) 4 weeks. So all together she’s at 7 weeks. She should finish beginning of August as flower period is around 8 weeks for this strain. Clone B is a 2 weeks behind, so she’s at 5 weeks all together. With hydro the growth is explosive and allows me to veg for a much shorter time but still get an incredible yield.
And no this isn’t an Auto flower. Sorry to say, but no auto flower can be cloned. Not yet anyway. The genetics won’t allow it, so until someone changes the genes of auto flowers were stuck with just that plant, no clones. But at least all autos are female! You should do a thread on your grow, I’d love to watch the auto blueberry grow!

Treez

3 Likes

:notes:Dr green thumb​:musical_note::notes::smoking:

1 Like

Thanks for that reply,very informative on what is possible with clones, and yes I’m going to start a post on my Upstate NY grow in July ,I’m just waiting on some more seeds to come in so as to germ at same time, really good info here and I have a great hometown coach from my Hydo store owner, should be a very cool beginner outdoor grow.

1 Like