Blue Dream Grow Journal

You said you got busted you said? @1BigFella lol :joy: that’s why you took them down? Or was it just for possession of Cannabis? Your story confused me.

Or you took them all down to smoke!! :joy::+1:

No, we got busted for possession a few years before when I was a juvenile, so it’s supposedly not on my record. They didn’t even bother my girlfriend (later wife) with anything but overnight in the lockup, though she was the one of adult age. I think they were impressed that a 17 year old could have a high school diploma, an apartment, a job, and a live-in girlfriend.

4 Likes

@1BigFella all out of likes, but I’m following along…

1 Like

Hahahaha good for you! In my opinion cannabis had never been illegal in the first place. It never should of been illegal! It can’t harm a fly!!! @1BigFella

1 Like

You guys have seen my plant. I am thinking I will start the DynaGrow feeding schedule tomorrow. Is that too soon? Should I use half-strength for a while? It’s about 8 inches from coco surface to top. I am slowly increasing the light so I don’t shock it too much, in case it has been under low light.

Give it all the light you got @1BigFella your stretching a little too I noticed the comparison from post #1 to #3 and you are ready for nutrients when you get your first set of 3 fingered leaves :+1::wink:

Okay, it’s already got some five-lobed leaves. 29000 lux and it gets the juice tomorrow morning. It’s close to lights out now.

4 Likes

Watered to waste with nutes. Boy, the coco certainly makes this easy. First time using it. The water just goes right through it in a few seconds.

2 Likes

Good luck with your grow!

I’d like to follow.:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Be well. :peace_symbol:

Sure. Everybody interested is welcome. Thanks for your support.

I have no experience with coco or cloth pots, so I’ll probably have a few questions. I know I want pH 5.8 since it is essentially hydroponic. Preparing the coco was pretty much as I thought. I just used a putty knife and hammer to cut some off my big compressed block and then rinsed with lots of hose water in a little tub. Broke up all the chunks with my fingers and had to add water twice more. Got it all into a slurry and then pushed it all to one side of the tub. Then I could pour off the excess water and squeeze the coco like a sponge to get more water out. Did this twice to give it a good rinse in case there was any salt in it. The consistency is very like potting soil.

Transplanted my little beer cup plant into a larger clear pot by putting a little coco on the bottom and then splitting the beer cup with scissors. The plant slid right out with the soil mass intact and I put it in the bigger container with some more coco added around the sides. Now I just have to wait for some roots to show up at the new sides and bottom, and I can put it in it’s 5 gallon cloth pot.

1 Like

I figured out my plant was in coco to begin with, though I thought it might be soil. If you press on coco it squishes and rebounds like a sponge. Soil does not do that. Happy to discover that. That means the seller was feeding it or it would not have multiple nodes.

Lowered my platform a little and turned on a total of four COBs. 40000 lux now at the top of the plant. That should be right in the vegetative range. Bottom fan looks a little droopy but all the leaves above that have good turgor. Stems are pointing up. Must be happy.

2 Likes

The only disadvantage I found it with coco over soil is that it requires nutes more often than soil, like, every other day during veg and every day during bloom. Be prepared financially, nutes aren’t cheap.

2 Likes

Actually, I have Dyna-Gro Grow and Bloom just because they are pretty cheap. I did my last grow with Miracle Grow soil with nutrients and Scott’s Super Bloom, so this is a step up! It only takes a teaspoon per gallon so it should last a while.

Starting to get a lot more activity on the lower nodes and the top looks very good. That’s good because I was concerned that the stretch had made the plant top-heavy. Now I can top it and the bottom nodes will make new branches.

1 Like

Roots are starting to show on the bottom and sides when I check. What size pot do you think I would need for a long-term indoors mother plant. This one is going to be the source for all my future clones. It will be 100% coco, watered to waste once per day. I have some square 5 gallon cloth pots. Would 3 gallon be better?

@AmnesiaHaze @bob31 @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @DieHigh55

I do plan to top it in a few days to get more lower branch growth, so I have lots of clone sites.

3 Likes

@1BigFella I’m a soil grower and with that being said I’m going to assume that coco acts identically as far as root construction within the medium. I feel the 5 gallon size would be better of the two choices. This being a mother plant, I would. Go for the 7 gallon size, healthy roots and more of them would mean better growth topside. That’s important especially for a mother plant.

3 Likes

I agree with @Covertgrower, the bigger the pot the less chance of bound roots, especially as you plan on keeping this girl for awhile. Are you mixing perlite in with your coco?

2 Likes

I have not mixed in any perlite. Should I? I’ve seen mixed messages on that. The coco is essentially a hydroponic medium. When you start adding stuff then it’s less hydroponic. Pure coco has the nutrients you last watered it with. I did use 10 gallon pots for my last outdoor soil grow and a 5 gallon bucket of soil indoors under HPS. Got essentially the same results.

I am watering to waste with nutes every day, so there is no water retention benefit of perlite.

1 Like

You will see some mixes that have Coco perlite and peat. If it’s straight Coco you don’t need perlite.

5 gallon should be fine!

1 Like

I’d go with 5 gallon. My current grow is in 5 gallon fabric pots and 2 are root bound now. FYI. I transplanted into 7 gallon on my next grow.

1 Like

Happy in her new home: 5 gallon cloth pot full of coco coir.

2 Likes