Black Domina & Hash Plant Grow Journal

this the meter you have?

https://www.amazon.com/Dr-meter-LX1010B-Digital-Illuminance-Light/dp/B004K0A7I6/ref=sr_1_6?tag=greenrel-20

2 Likes

Bingo that the one! :sunglasses: I thought about spending more money getting something that goes over 200 thousand but what the point hahah 100 thousand is more than the plant can handle anyways.

Thats a reasonable price too! I think I’m gonna make the leap!

1 Like

You won’t regret it :slight_smile:

I agree. I think it is the only way to get those lights dialed in!

1 Like

Day 28

Plants are still growing fine except for that mutant plant not sure what to do with it since that one got bad genes i wonder if it even going to flower or produce buds right it just looks ugly haha. Plants will finally be getting their transplantation today and settled in for the next 10-15 days while the roots really explode before going into their final pots to flower.

Was hitting the nutrients at about 1000-1200ppm for the past week now and saw growth stalling which is a bit weird since been hitting the nutrients what I thought to be high but the plant demanding more! So yes it is back up to 1400-1600ppm and it growing again with new developments which kind of makes me want to feed them a bit more to see where it limits are which seem to be over what I’m currently feeding.

Possibly 2000ppm plus after a few days and it might be because of the other nutrients I’ve added making it more hungry for nutes in which case it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. Hopefully they are all about 18-20 inch tall when I flip these suckers so they can get a nice stretch going for flower since they need their stretch hahah.

I’ve never had any drama yet in the 1st 28 days and looking for a relaxing 10 days before they go into flower the black domina since they have around 7-8 weeks flower period. Hash Plant this particular strain has about 6-7 weeks so can go a bit longer into veg but they pretty much overtaken all but the biggest black domina in terms of growth.

If I can hit it in a few days with 2000-2200ppm for a few watering I might which is full strength feeding and looking like they may actually be able to handle it. Not doing it though 1600-1800 my limit. Don’t want to lose any days or risk stalling them by burning them at this delicate time of transition. They just going to get what they need to keep on growing happily. Just a guide for people that got similar setup growing the same strain.

Day 29

Explosive growth at more then one inch per day so the nutrients uptake is exceptional and is growing up very nicely. Now were back on track… I should make my 18-24 inch height that I’ve been seeking and bushy at that by the end of this month before they go into flower.

They slow down in growth a bit during the nights as it around 65 but I guess it pick up for it during the daylight hours and a bit of up and down not bad for it not ideal either but you know… I’m not going to spend two dollars extra per day on heater when the plants are happy to micro manage it.

As long as it doesn’t go under 60 where growth actually goes to pretty much a snail pace but most of the time it is over 70 growing nicely and going to pick up in speed too when it does move up until multiple 600w lights getting blasted hard. Run it during night/morning for the bulk of my lighting and additional in the day to save on having to operate the aircon hard.

H&G Root Excalburator is a huge thumbs up once it goes into the soil and bonds into the root and plants seem to do exactly what it promises and helps the root take up more nutrients right into the plant which is exactly what I was looking for it to do… More effective nutrients uptake = faster growth.

I’ll take some photos tomorrow show you all how they are at around 10-13 inches and it just not growing upwards it growing bushy too which is what you want is even growth this is not me even doing any training because i really want to see what the plant going to do by itself naturally so i can work on training it a bit in flower just minor things and really go into that next grow this one just let the plant do it thing.

What i can say is they are nutrient hungry strains both of them and they both will take 1/2 strength after they come out of the ground fine no problems whatsoever up to 3/4 strength and even full dose and that not standard which is aggressive ratio it been taking standard full dose for awhile now.

That to do with it been round the clock blasted with more light then it can handle what it does is just turns off and goes to sleep when it doesn’t want anymore light folds it leaf down and open it back up again when it wants a bit more light. Yeah sure I can do 18-20 hours light and turn it off but they stretch like crazy with no light and don’t grow straight.

It been getting 24 hours of light since it life so just use to it and doesn’t get shocked and plant getting shock slow growth so whatever right hahah. I love tight node spacing it harder to achieve with HPS lighting since it does encourages stretch and why you get so much stretch in flower because it is a flowering light that is the truth.

What a lie is that you can’t grow with it effectively in veg… If anyone been looking at my grow journal you’ll see my plants are just fine and taking nutrients like a champ… They are dark green and hell I want them greener but not willing to overdose it at this point hahah.

I only got a dozen plants sadly no seeds from ILGM and it is over 50 days since I’ve ordered and not really any follow up either even though it been almost 200 dollar order with priority shipping/Insurance added. At this stage looking at another two weeks before contacting them again about it.

I’ve always gotten stuff that I’ve ordered within a reasonable time period. Maybe the seeds that I ordered are actually sold out and it in the process of flowering hahaha. I reckon I’m probably going to go through this entire grow and not get any seeds.

Everyone else having amazing delivery times and stuff so hey all I can say is awesome hahah. Not sure if I am going to be a repeat customer though since it shouldn’t take a whole grow cycle to get seeds it almost like they take your money and start growing the plant to get your seed ready.

Got 8-9 weeks left on this before I wrap up this journal. If people can’t tell not impressed with the whole service and actually don’t really care for it just like to have an update or confirmation but so far everything “automated” even the replies I’ve gotten are cut & paste.

“We are sorry you are having issues. We will post again ASAP! If you have another question don’t hesitate to ask.” No I didn’t get a confirmation if they even posted or not. Anyways hey service sucks but as long as I get my seeds I’ll be happy and if the seeds are as good as I have growing be super thrilled.

Hopefully someone is reading this and gets an idea of what kind of service/support to expect and looking to be two month delay. Not going to surprise me at all at this stage if they just send me an email that says oh we totally fk up and never sent your order it all done automatically and automated hahah we had you on the system as posted by it never left our warehouse.

1 Like

boy that is a long time…not usual for ilgm for sure…
let us call in the troops
@Hogmaster, @Majiktoker, @Donaldj,

1 Like

Cheers buddy :sunglasses: First time ordering from ILGM had reservations but ordered anyways usually get seeds from a whole seller redistributor since they don’t grow anything themselves they redirect quality seeds to you.

But was interested in a few strains and trying something different too and always split my orders with two seed banks as things do happen and usually resolved fast. I don’t know what happening or anything and to be this far into the grow it disheartening since I can’t start now on this cycle and have to wait next.

Be taking clones tomorrow salvage the grow somewhat hahah :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like
2 Likes

You should have an order number you need to contact Customer Service and make sure they’re aware of the situation accidents happen so please do not jump to conclusions I’ve had to take that long things happen

1 Like

Claimed it was post again on the 10th of September. Far as I know they know already I ordered on the 3rd of August. “claimed posted following day” Anyways got seeds from another bank so season isn’t ruined.

To the best of my knowledge it was “resent” but following up with that today already sent them a message confirming it was resent but to the best of my knowledge I still got another two weeks wait approximately before any further action that can be taken.

No idea what happening and “in the dark” with automated replies well awesome. If I get seed cool beans. That what I’m here to do is grow :sunglasses: Done everything on my end to make sure it gets here nothing more I can do.

Was just me venting a bit since in two months haven’t got an actual human yet.

Just an update “Your order was reshipped on the 12th of September.” a bit later then expected from that point. Looking at Mid October before anything else :slight_smile:

Hi,

Im sorry to hear about your inconvience I hope you have better luck and receive the resent package, though im not in charge of sales I wish you the best of luck and hope every thing gets straitened out

2 Likes

All the best @Majiktoker thanks for dropping in and saying hi. It is appreciated very much. Just never thought be the one having issues do you? Two months out wondering.

Far from end of the world though got a dozen strong plants going :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have not had any issues with ilgm Ive received 100% of my orders all within roughly 9-15 days every time and my pleasure we care about our customers and wish for the best

1 Like

Day 31

So I transplanted about two days ago and probably two weeks too late but doing so got all the plants to about the same level now and when I lifted the pot it was just completely white healthy roots now for it to get settle in their gallon plus pots for about 9-13 days before moving onto their last and final pots the fabric 3 gallons which will be more then enough for their life with the amount of veg they are going to get.

Suggestion is if you going to veg for two month you will need 5 gallon especially with a strain that has over a two month flowering period because it will halt growth once it fills out your pot because it’ll just be a mass of root. I wanted to take some pics of what it looked like for all to see… But transferring/cloning/re-potting and transplanting took me about four hours. Under the time crunch with them not having water didn’t want the roots to get overly stressed.

Anyways since transplanted only watered once probably good for another two days they don’t drink at all from what I find in the first couple of days of transplanting as the root get settle in. Pots feel about the same only it naturally drying out overtime some of the plants demanding more nutrients and yeah they are at 1800ppm.

Pro tip with transplanting… Squeeze the pot all around with your fingers to loosen up the soil just a few time and turn it over and pull from the base stem and it should just fall out from that point you should of already dug out what looks to be your pot size and put it right in there and get more soil on it but it should already to go for it watering.

Don’t compact the soil as it makes it hard for roots to grow and the roots don’t like it. As my other guide I have already said… 10-21 days in like it starter pots depending on the pot and lighting system for best results and you move straight into gallon size for another 14-21 days before you go into your last and final pot this actually builds a very strong rooting system and root ball that allows your plant to grow quickly and efficiently.

2 Likes

They are going under 600w HPS lighting now as the spread of the 400w over a dozen plants isn’t ideal and want a bit of faster growth now that they have settle in and give the plants in a middle a break since they have been getting 80-90 thousand lumens for the past two days and they not liking it one bit.

Love to chuck my 1000w on it actually hahah but they’ll just shrivel up and die. get more coverage with two 600w hps for vegging and they flower okay too but for real super dense nugs nothing penetrates better in my opinion then 1000w and if you got it to be able to boost to 1100w even better.

In terms of power… 2 dollars a day for 400w 24 hour 3 dollars for 600w 24 hours and 5 dollars for 1000w 24 hours. The sweet thing is you will most likely only be using 600w for most of the grow and probably just 1 or 2 of them since the only time you require the insane amount of lumens is in the final month of flowering. Unless you have a Co2 system in which case at the start of flowering but you turn down towards the final month of flowering anyways.

Yes I do know there are a lot of people watching and reading what I have to say and learn from me hahah Love you all it why I do share my experience and knowledge so you get the most out of it! You get the right information and be efficient in your grows because that saves you $$$. I don’t have experience with LED but lots of people that does :slight_smile:

I do try to put a tiny bit of knowledge and explain it out so people can understand why you do it and what benefits you get from doing it or if you get any benefits at all. Correct some of the fake information out on the internet at least :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 months later and a repackage in a harden stealth priority package we have gotten our 15 seeds. Which I can’t germinate until November now as my cycle for this grow is already 33 days in with just another week of vegging left before we flip up into flower cycle in which time more cuttings be taken before flowering and cloned to get some plant numbers up a bit.

I have taken two early cutting of some hash plant that is doing pretty well and hopefully be nicely rooted in the next week and get a little bit of time to veg before been flipped into flower too. Still got no idea where my first package ended up maybe the mail man helped himself instead of dropping it in my mail box he just put it into his jacket?

On other news got a 60x microscope and a digital scale. Will be loading up pictures of those later today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Woo Hoo! Happy day for you today!

2 Likes