Black Domina & Hash Plant Grow Journal

Fun thing I found out was the humidity domes… Was looking at my hardware store they sell them for like under ten bucks and look to be better quality maybe without the drain tray but the ones at the hydro store flimsy plastic cover basically the same cheap trays for 30 dollars hahaha. That basically like 2 burgers!

1 Like

Yeah you need to keep the hydro stores honest lol
They seem to think cause it says hydro on the sign out front that they can charge double the prices for some items as with most things in life you need to shop around before you buy
I tend to check prices in Amazon and agian on Walmart online and use that as my base numbers
But have found you can find a lot of the stuff we use at a good local garden center for same or less in my experience anyway @Immortalized

3 Likes

Yeah nothing I’ve got is actually new all my hps lights and ballast are all preloved got deals on them all and usually from novice that go through one run or just a year of use… After they mess up or don’t get 1gpw or 1.5gpw they give up. It good for me though most of the gear are then flogged off real cheap :slight_smile:

To get even 1gpw you got to put in the time and research… Let alone anything higher which usually involves aircooled lights co2 and killer genetics that you have fine tuned.

1 Like

Exactly right you can’t become a master grower in one grow @Immortalized you can definitely get some good deals again if you know what to look for
Glad to hear you did bro :+1:

2 Likes

got two mountain air carbon filters 12 inch for 80 dollars each haha probably only been used half a run or a run. I only have two ten inch fans at the moment with carbon filters already on them that i basically got for 150 dollars each…

From another guy. But you look at the full price of some of these gear it in the range of 250 each for the filters and the same for the fans. All essential gears that are working so why buy new? :sunglasses:

Growing is relaxing and everyone needs a hobby and if I don’t love what I do I wouldn’t be doing it! Plus takes the edge off in day to day life knowing you got something to look after apart from the partner hahah something that totally dependent on you to thrive it a nice rewarding feeling you get back.

That the magic formula is that you have to love growing to get results otherwise you not going to succeed and be like those fly by growers that end up flogging their gear off.

Agreed @Immortalized well said

1 Like

Yeah it pretty simple facts… You can throw hundreds and sometimes people throw thousands into gear… Nutes and time but they are doing it for all the wrong reasons and spent a few days researching or even less no research… Hydro store sell them a bunch of gear thank you very much the store owner says hahah

Off they go to the races and completely unprepared for the challenges and the level of attention they require which isn’t a lot for a seasoned grower but the learning curve is there… It not a big curve it still a plant after all but never the less when you dealing with high strength nutrients and everything that goes with taking care of a plant…

Most people wouldn’t of even grown any kind of plant before or look after anything so experience is zero it just doesn’t magically grow itself especially indoors where you do have to keep environment in check or else you going to get a whole host of issues… Nutes got to be delivered at the right amount it has to be watered properly all pretty basic… I mean a monkey could probably be trained to do it but the key word… Trained. :rofl: But i highly doubt that monkey going to get 1gpw :laughing:

Agian my friend your 100 % right
Research is important and should be done well before ordering seeds
I’ve noticed to many times people have no idea what they are getting into
And indoors their are to many variations that contribute to a successful grow
Outdoors Mother Nature does most of it for you with a little help :+1:

1 Like

I’ve decided to reach out to support about my seed order to see what they say as it been over a month now and it gone or something… I mean I order stuff from China in container ships that goes around the world at least once and get to me under a month so I’m doubting it even coming on a container ship? Maybe who knows right haha I thought it was airmail.

Probably going to end up been another month before I get my seeds or something :frowning: The seeds I’m growing with now that was here in 11 normal days from postage so waiting for my other half of the seeds for this journal and it a bit weird making a journal on ilgm without their seeds because the other seedbank has a forum too. Go figure part of life :yum:

All you need to do is reply to your email that confirms shipment of your seeds and they will handle it from there @Immortalized

Sorry to hear they haven’t arrived, that is not the norm.

1 Like

yeah i try the order tracking thing too seem like i’m not on the system either. It really is weird but I got the confirmation and everything including the money been paid but the rest is just ghost.

only 2 strains opening in this package and 3 strains i’m waiting on that MIA hahah I will have to say that pretty rocky start but you roll with the punches and keep going the one that I’m working with so far are growing stronger by the day.

order tracking? Did you pay to get the tracking?

1 Like

yeah paid for priority and insurance too was the most expensive option. Was there another option more then that? I always pay for insurance and priority postage if it is available usually like you I get stuff within 2-3 weeks from payment sometimes seed banks take a week or more to process but that still falls under <3 weeks.

I don’t know, I always just get the standard shipping. I’m sure if you reply to the shipping confirmation email they will be more than happy to help you out!

ILGM Always ships my stuff out the next business day at the latest. They are very prompt.

1 Like

Reason why I ordered is that I thought I’ll have seeds this year… Hahaha If i thought I’ll get it 2018 I would of stuck with the normal seedbank i usually order from that get my stuff through under a month. A bit cheaper as well but hearing a lot of good things from ilgm it worth getting a few seeds and trying out a grow :slight_smile:

Anyways hope you enjoying the journal so far :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sure it was just a mishap give support a little tomebto look I rob he situation I’m positive they will make things right @Immortalized

2 Likes

That apart of life is you hit a few road bumps and gets a bit rocky but you always persevere through any challenges that may come up… I got 13 strong happy plants each strain is actually super uniformed and consistent in it own growth and grow style so it seem to be very stable genetics from what I can see with no abnormalities apart from the small stresses I cause it hahah.

Abusing them with high power lights making those little leaves overwork themselves when they not even ready to but as expected they are adjusting to the condition and coming out stronger and I never baby them throughout the grow I always try to walk that line of pushing it so they performed at their best otherwise you don’t know their potential.

I can’t push it break neck since I don’t have much to go on with these two strains but I know they both love temperature range of 77-82 and slightly more to the cooler side where they are most happy probably be better if I could push my humidity up by 10% but that a luxury at this point I’ll give them when they are a bit older where things are rolling along nicely.

Most work for me I find is in the first 3 weeks from seed or clone when you are always checking on how they are going… I don’t know if it the same for everyone else but I find that when stuff gets really real is getting them past seedling stage from that point they are a lot stronger and don’t need that much supervision.

@Niala Yeah editting photos atm will have fresh pics soon…

1 Like

I will surf your topic in the mean time…

Okay fresh pictures of how they are on day 14 and 11 days since the first one germinated from the rockwool. The set of six are all Black Domina and have a solo top picture of the one that is most developed too they are all doing well and recovered pretty much from the abuse I gave them earlier in their life hahah.

The set of three tall ones are Hash Plant and they are a few days younger coming out of germaintion later and the rockwool too so I’ll say they about 3-4 days behind but still growth is pretty good I have another Black Domina sitting in a pot inside the Humidity Dome so far with a Hash Plant and two Hash Plant in rockwool still not ready for transplant.

After all are well and doing good be removing the dome off for good on the 13 that made it through the ordeal… I’m pretty happy with the results would of gotten 20 plus if my 3rd strain performed but looks like if i want that strain i have to rebuy it hope it comes out better… But that for 2018 haha.

1 Like