Best of both worlds? Mixing "couch-lock" butter/oil with "expresso" smoke

OK so I believe it’s more about the individual and the delivery method than the strain of medicine.
I’m fortunate enough to have a relatively easy job and work from home so I’m probably not the best judge of whether or not doing that is suitable for the workplace. The other thing is I never laid off using cannabis for 20 years, so my receptors are relatively saturated.

I believe @deb1 tagged me on account of my canna caps post and because I’ve been using 2 strains for the past couple of harvests. One is the Indica dominant Bubba Kush and the other is the sativa dominant Sour Diesel.
I started doing something similar to what you propose with oil/butter based baked goods and capsules, but then I started filing caps with straight decarbed cannabis. WAY more potent and WAY less expensive and caloric than making oil/butter based goods. I advise not mixing with alcohol until you become accustomed to the effect and start small.

I take one 000 gelcap of ground decarbed Bubba Kush in the morning and one in the afternoon. I smoke or vape the Sour Diesel anytime I feel the urge to smoke or like I’m fading. I did notice when I smoked Kush instead of the Sour D on top of the caps it made me a tad more sleepy.
When I used to commute between Woodstock, CT and South Boston smoking weed turned out to be the ONLY thing that would prevent my from falling asleep at the wheel.

The only drawback I’ve noticed combining absorption through the gut and lungs is I tend to forget I took a cap or other edible dose, then have a shot of bourbon or smoke or vape more than I should and wind up ripped off my ass for a 30-60 minutes with slightly impaired fine motor skills.
60-90 minutes after you take a cap you feel “Woah, this is REALLY working GREAT”. The effects last for 6+ hours and diminish slowly.

Some might say the more cannabis you consume the more apt you are to become sleepy regardless of the strain so another part of the equation has to do with whether you live an active lifestyle to begin with or not.
If you live a lifetyle of functional fitness, no amount of “couch-lock” cannabis consumption is going to keep you from achieving your goals. If you live a sedentary lifestyle, no amount of “energetic espresso” cannabis consumption is going to get you off your ass.
Hope this helps…

2 Likes