Beginner Grow- falling in love

and I would like to add- I have been here just three weeks today, and all I have learned, with the support that I have gotten, is priceless. I needed something to do that would bring me joy/pleasure, and man did I find it. Thanks to everyone for making this an amazing adventure.

3 Likes

Here is a side view of one of her flowers. And a picture of general view; I can’t wait to see the buds grow!I wish the colors showed true.

6 Likes

She’s looking great, especially since she has been through that ordeal!! Very cool!! :purple_heart::blue_heart::yellow_heart::heart:

1 Like

My girls got a new light today! I bought a 1000w full spectrum LED. It has 100-10w led’s…well they are two 5w in each one. The true watts is 300 ± 5. It is very bright and I think I may have it too close to my big girl Greeny…I think it said 39" away, but can’t find the paper anywhere…39" seems to far to me, and I only have it about 20" and will have to add a hook to my ceiling if I want it any higher. I got a very good deal, but think it was priced wrong maybe. It came with the hooks, and a hoist to easily move up and down, and even a pair of glasses to protect my eyes. I paid 59.99! It is so bright in my grow hut now! The flat panel LED I already had in there is now hooked so one end drops down, not at 90% but maybe 20% more so it angles just right over the whole side of the plant. I can’t wait to see what she thinks about her new light :grinning::sunglasses: pics coming in a bit.

2 Likes

I look back at where I started this first grow, and things have really gotten better for my girl. I found some old pvc pipe and made a 5 x 3 1/2 foot frame. About 5 1/2ft tall. I covered all the sides in reflective material, and then simply sheeted over that. It might not seem like much, but I can walk inside, and have room to experiment with other growing mediums. She has all the lights she had before, but now has the new 1000w full spectrum that lights up my grow hub in unbelievable fashion. I have nutrients, ph meter as well as tds meter…so wow, look back at how I started; this is a major improvement.Now for pics!

as you can see, i built my grow hub around the window ac that is in the room, so to keep my babies comfy.

9 Likes

Looks like you’re doing great @Tr33!

2 Likes

@BlackShirt Thanks! :grinning:

What a day! I discovered a terrible gnat infestation. I had a couple here and there, but it seems like overnight they threw a party and decided to stay. So I took down the hub and cleaned everything. I thought it would be easier to make my hub a little smaller, so I got out my saw and cut the PVC pipes; now my hub is about 3 1/2 all around and still about 5 1/2 tall. I am using the pieces I cut off to make a scrog net. So I got the hub all redone, and clean and then I used the hydrogen peroxide method to kill off any in and on the soil. For anyone who does not know about that, I used 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts water. I am going to reseal all around the ac unit tomorrow because that is where the dang gnats must have come in. Anyway I like the smaller area better. I never intend to do more than three plants at a time, so it is ok. I also bought a little dehumidifier. You can see it in the pictures. Humidity is unfriendly here in FL. and I felt like I was always making some adjustment to keep it under control. Because my hub is small, the little thing is working good. After a couple hours my humidity is at a very respectable 50%. I also took out the some of the lights I was using, and made Potty Mouth a starter box with those lights. She has been slow to grow, so I think she will do better in her box until she gets bigger. I forgot to take her pic, but she has not changed much from the last ones. Here are the new and improved shots of Greeny and her Hub.

9 Likes

It looks like we got past the gnat problem. Greeny was thirsty and got bloom nutes in her water today at a 6.5 ph. Everything looks good, but i did notice two or three old leaves with a couple brown spots. I think they are left over from before, but I will keep an eye on her.

I shut off her overhead light for the picture, but a low side light was on, so the colors are different.
Baby Potty Mouth is beginning to grow…just a little.

3 Likes

Also I don’t like the humidity rise at night when her lights are off. Since she is an auto, I am going to shorten her dark time to help out. During the day she is a steady 50, but at night it rises to about 70% and with her in flower that is unacceptable.It is so rainy every day where I live, and I can’t wait for it to stop.

1 Like

Just remember, you will smoke NOTHING that you see right now. You just need to keep it going so the good stuff is healthy! This is the trial period to get stuff right :wink:

1 Like

@Whodat66 I will not smoke my girl until it is time. I just tell myself that it would be stupid to take anything away from her now. I talk to her every day. I would hate for anything to happen so late in the game. She has been an awesome teacher! Do you know at what week of flower trichomes start to me seen? I think I understand which trimmings I could have made so main buds get all the attention, but she will have quite a few nice buds if all goes well. Thanks for coming on this journey with me…we have quite a way to go; what do you think, maybe 6 weeks? I have no idea.

1 Like

I just meant that since she’s living and breathing, the appearance now doesn’t matter. It’s good they’re helping you figure stuff out to salvage it.

1 Like

Well, here is my "harvest… I cut the first too early, but I think the second was on time. Now that she’s dry all the hairs are orange,

10 Likes

That’s some gorgeous bud man :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

@Whodat66, OK, I think she looks awesome. Her pictures don’t do her justice…she really looks good. Healthy, green, and strong. I have not considered her at risk since she had the phosphorous deficiency.

It must be the pic then. That last one looked like you were lighting to show issues with bottom leaves - I guess the lighting is what did it.

HA! Thanks, 6 months and I got a half an oz :wink: But it’s “the good shit”

2 Likes

@Whodat66, that is why I wrote that I turned off the overhead, and the side light was still on so it made the colors funny. No, she looks awesome! I will try and take a better pic tomorrow…my phone is a joke, so camera quality is def. an issue. Every time I look at her I smile.

My camera sucks, but the plant is great. I wish I could get you guys a nice picture.

6 Likes