Beginner Grow- falling in love

The 2 main buds on the top one are now at 5.5 and 5.4 inches long and about 1.5 nches in diameter. The lesser buds are all at least 3 inches long and an inch in diameter. There is definitely some stunting going on with the fimmed WW, comparatively. This is my first grow and I was hesitant to try fimming and topping I decided it was now or never to learn how to do it, right or wrong!! @Tr33

2 Likes

Yeah, mine are tiny but smell like a ferret cage or roadkill - I LOVE IT!

2 Likes

@Laurap, the spring water is not costly, no more than distilled, and it is what I buy for myself. My dog won’t drink the tap water here, so that leaves me speculative of it.It is well water, so it isn’t the chlorine, but I will test it to see. I did however find and awesomely cheap ph meter with free tds meter, all for under 10$. It will be here next week.

2 Likes

@FreakyDeekie, those are great looking! You can come to my journal and post all the pics you want. We can share the journal. Post and write anything you like my friend. Day 56 and 58 you say, ok then, that makes me feel more secure. If the outcome is anything close, I will be happy to give her another couple of weeks to show her stuff.

1 Like

I have distilled on hand because I needed to calibrate a fancy 9.99 pH meter, but I use tap run through a Zero-water filter. I think the main thing I was worried about was the stuff used to purify the tap water (chlorine, fluoride, etc.). After that I add nutes, check the pH and go. So far the water after nutrients has been a consistent 6.2, it was low with thje distilled and I had to pH up.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few others talk about some delayed or prolonged flowering for the WW autos but I cannot remember who. I know @Rugar89 has one his 2 right now that hasn’t flowered and I think he is around day 56??

1 Like

On an auto, if you prune or FIM, are you “resetting” the time? (to a particular point in growth)

@Whodat66, no you can’t reset the time. That is why people don’t take cuttings from them…they will flower at the same time as the original…so it is pointless.

1 Like

@FreakyDeekie, I have read over and over how two seeds with the same genetic makeup can be very different, so I guess we are seeing that first hand. I guess just like me and my siblings are different even though we have same parents, our seeds very too in their traits. Wow, how cool is that.

5 Likes

I am guessing that what might happen is that the flowering time to develop and build the buds might be shortened somewhat since it waited so long to start flowering. I’m not really sure though @Whodat66

Nice tip. I learned something new. Thanks!

4 Likes

I’m late to the party but glad to be here.I didn’t realize you had a journal going after posting on mine. Nice to see photos of her.She looks good if she doesn’t begin to flower soon I would consider using some flowering nuets the extra phosphorous may be what she is needing.You could start at half strength and increase it as flowering begins,its been my experience that it is fert. with high nitrogen content that causes the damage.

1 Like

My girl looks terrible!!! I switched her to more dark time last night. Everything else is the same. When I woke her up this morning she was all droopy. Her soil was dry, so I fed her, just like usual, but she looks worse as the day moves into night. This is a very sudden change. Her place was a little warm, so I brought it down to 79%. The humidity is around 50%. She looks like she is dying…what could have happened? Her ph tester will be here maybe tomorrow, but she is getting the same as always; spring water with a little nutrition added. I am worried what she will look like in the morning. I don’t know whether to leave her lights on, or shut them off, or flush her pot…Any advice???

You can get many replies, but without a picture of the problem it will all be conjecture.

@Whodat66 I think she will live, but parts of her do not look like they will survive. I will try and get a picture of the bad areas; do i need to prune the dying leaves and stem areas back, or let it just fall on its own. Some of the leaves just continued to wilt, while others sprang back. I checked the ph of the water she gets fed, and it is good. I have not checked the tds yet because i did not want to give her anything already as she had a drink yesterday, but as soon as she is ready to be fed, I will check on that. I am hoping she will live, but am germinating a ww seed tonight to get started just in case. I need to figure out what went wrong though, so I am sure not to have a repeat.

1 Like

I’m a beginner for these flowers, but a gardener for 50 years. Don’t prune unless there is a disease that might spread. Even half dead leaves provide more photosynthesis than no leaf - and you can use the bad veg that is still alive to see if the treatments you apply are working.

3 Likes

Hang in there ladies !!

1 Like

here is the area of most bad leaves. the outer leaves are all fine, it is the inside that did not recover. I was thinking- could the inside leaves got hot and humid and maybe the air isn’t circulating to keep them cool and dry and that cause this? I took a few more pics, but they have nor gotten to my pc yet. I’m going to return the temp/humidity monitor i bought in case the one I have is not accurate(and I don’t think it is)and get a better one

@Whodat66 here is one pic

@Whodat66 and everyone else. My plant looks very much worse this morning. Her leaves are yellowing now, even ones that looked fine yesterday. Like nute or light burn, but I am not sure how that can be. I am going to take pics to post, and do some drastic altering in an attempt to save her…maybe her roots got locked …IDK but I have to do something. :frowning: