Beginner Grow- falling in love

What a day! I discovered a terrible gnat infestation. I had a couple here and there, but it seems like overnight they threw a party and decided to stay. So I took down the hub and cleaned everything. I thought it would be easier to make my hub a little smaller, so I got out my saw and cut the PVC pipes; now my hub is about 3 1/2 all around and still about 5 1/2 tall. I am using the pieces I cut off to make a scrog net. So I got the hub all redone, and clean and then I used the hydrogen peroxide method to kill off any in and on the soil. For anyone who does not know about that, I used 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 4 parts water. I am going to reseal all around the ac unit tomorrow because that is where the dang gnats must have come in. Anyway I like the smaller area better. I never intend to do more than three plants at a time, so it is ok. I also bought a little dehumidifier. You can see it in the pictures. Humidity is unfriendly here in FL. and I felt like I was always making some adjustment to keep it under control. Because my hub is small, the little thing is working good. After a couple hours my humidity is at a very respectable 50%. I also took out the some of the lights I was using, and made Potty Mouth a starter box with those lights. She has been slow to grow, so I think she will do better in her box until she gets bigger. I forgot to take her pic, but she has not changed much from the last ones. Here are the new and improved shots of Greeny and her Hub.

9 Likes