Bad info...All that glitters ain't gold!

I did the samething check out some of my grows

I’ll have to take a look… I generally avoid that kind of detail :wink:
We are also hydroelectric - plenty of water in the rain forest! :sweat_drops::sweat_drops: Diesel when there’s an interruption… we’re generally not without power for more than a couple hours. :grin:

1 Like

[quote=“Dkr8180, post:1, topic:17797”]
2nd grow… what do you guys think. I put the title as I did because over the last year-and-a-half of research and constant reading in cross-referencing the topic of growing marijuana, I have been overwhelmed by the amount of contradicting and flat out wrong information about those who offer up beautiful pictures but the information that they give could not have any way scientifically produced what they display.
[/quote]r

High Dkr8180,
Welcome to the family! I certainly relate to all the misinformation that’s out there. I still cruise a couple other sites but this is my “home” base… the people are great… the info – priceless… they truly care about your success!!!

I’m blown away by your ingenuity and don’t be surprised if I hit you up for some help… I’m pretty good in the canna-kitchen but will be starting my 1st grow ‘DWC’ soon and a little bit unsure of myself… the grow jitters lol.

Thanks for sharing all your awesome photo/projects with us! I’ve enjoyed every minute of my read :herb::seedling::herb:

3 Likes

Day 40 of flowering…

![20180223_141858|666x500]
(upload://8b1ukBbweTnIaTKKyG0pImTGk4h.jpg)

Had massive growth during wk2 thru wk5 but saw slowed growth going into the wk6, a small case of nute burn which led to nute lock. Flushed with plain ph’d water for 48 hrs and mixed my General Hydroponics nutes, based on the GN advanced growers ratio chart, to around 75%. Based on the what I’ve seen, THC Bomb likes a PPM of around 1000 for its peak output.

14 Likes

That’s an awesome setup! And what a harvest coming soon!

1 Like

Thanks @elheffe702. It’s a labor of love!

1 Like

Very nice @Dkr8180 did your THC bomb stretch much? Mine didn’t…

1 Like

Looks great my friend :v:

1 Like

Thanks @Dieselgrower. I started a thread called Einstein to Frankenstein Hacks. I will tag you in it.

1 Like

Looking great man!

1 Like

@Covertgrower they did in relative size to what they were before putting them into flowering. On THC bomb, the plants are a bushy 16inches and they stretched out to approx. 32inches. So it doubled. But this is hydro and only my 2nd grow grown hydroponically. With soil, I noticed it took longer for the vegging plants to mature to the point of going to 12/12 than I have with hydro and the stretch in soil was considerably less.

1 Like

@MattyBear thanks bud

2 Likes

Absolutely man. I’m fascinated with your set up so I like seeing your updates!

2 Likes

I forgot to fill this out @Countryboyjvd1971

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain:
THC Bomb Fem

How many plants:

Age from Sprout and Flower:
4 weeks

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Medium & Size of Pots:
Hydroponic/Rockwool & 25L Hydroton Clay Pellets/3" Netting Pots

How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so?
I mix up 20 gallons of nutrients per General Hydroponics Advanced Growers ratios based on what week its at and generally the 3rd day I will add 5 gal of plain Ph’d water to the depleted 20 gal reservoir and again on the 6th day to keep water in it of course, but to also keep the ppm from going up and then the next week I repeat the same thing except for that weeks nute ratios.

PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir:
Ph stays between 5.8 and 6.2 being solution in reservoir.

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS:
I follow the General Hydroponics Advanced Growers program and dilute throughout the week as described before. I don’t know the EC but the TDS (PPM) ranges from 1,250 down to 800 by the end of the week when it’s time for new water and nutes.
(ANY HELP WITH HOW TO FIGURE OUT EC ACCURATELY WILL BE APPRECIATED)

What brand and products of Nutrients are you using? Strength and how often?
General Hydroponics
Recommended Advanced Growers program

Indoor or Outdoor:
Indoor

Indoor type and size of grow area or tent?
Regular bedroom. Measures 12’x8’ but my 1/2 system isn’t but 7.5’x3.5’. Next grow it will be 42 with everything else the same.

Light system, size and height from plants:
(2) 1,000 watt HPS HydroFarm Raptor8 vented hoods that measure 42"x32"
24" away from light

Temps; Day, Night:
74 day 68 night
Humidity; Day, Night:
50% Day & 40% night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
Yes. 8", 750cfm inline fan with 8" Carbon Filter through light hoods and out of the room.
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
18,000BTU A/C with auto time and temp settings.
Large dehumifier

Co2; Yes, No
No

6 Likes

Week 7… so far so good. Had a few hiccups late in 5th and 6th week but things got back on track.
1st I nute locked the res mid week 5 and did a 48 hr plain water flush and while checking the roots in week 6, noticed there was some slight discoloration and significant meshing, tangling so I reduced my flow rate and treated with 400ml of 3% hydrogen peroxide to the 20 gal rez daily for 3 days and roots lightened up nicely. I never smelled anything unpleasant in the roots. I had a slight K deficiency, but I can tell it’s reversed by the explosive bud growth and stopping of the small brown dots popping up here and there on the leaves.
Triches are clouding up quickly but hairs are still very white. No th sure if this is going to be a 10 wk run yet or not but it’s looking like it.

14 Likes

Thank you @Key2THC. Sorry to just now be responding to you but for some reason I just got a notification for it…weird.
Thanks for the kind words and if there’s anything you have questions about, feel free and I’ll do my best to help you out with it or get some great folks in on getting all the right answers.
Good luck with you DWC grow. It’s not as hard as it first seems but again, if you have any questions upfront or along the way feel free to ask and also @Donaldj is a long time hydro guy that who is extremely knowledgable and always willing to lend a hand. Happy growing!

2 Likes

Looking good dude!

2 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32
If you look in the last pic, you can see the blue solar cloth laying over the pip where I actually ripped one plant out to assess the roots and wound up chopping it only for the reason of salvagability assurances in the event of root rot advancing (if root rot was even occurring… more on that later) but it was the runt plant, standing only 2’ and had only 3 top colas and 5-6 decent secondaries. Dried weight and mid-cured, even smoked some and wow! It of course isn’t 100% cured as far as flavors quite yet, it’s smoothness and brainwarpping effect is amazing! The triches are just clouding and the hairs are still very much white as mentioned before but as you can see, the white hairs go orange and red within 7 days since being harvested. Got 2.1oz of it. This was by far the smallest one and I’m sure that the rest will average 3.5-4oz per plant with 20 remaining.
Im confident that you can harvest THC Bomb within 7 weeks if you’re in a pinch, want buds with opaque triches for a more head, speedy high which is great for people who like to be stoned but get missions accomplished.
Im going to holdout as long as I can on the rest.

Smells like a lemon buried in the ground with a corpse!

15 Likes

Looking good @Dkr8180 everyone loves samples!

1 Like

Looks like you had plenty enough that dropping one early wouldn’t be a big deal at all haha. Glad it’s gonna be a goody!

2 Likes