Auto flower outdoors

Hey fyshh, you mention shock period. Is this going from indoor to outside? I have 3 white widow autos at 8 days old and they have been outside since post germ. I haven’t noticed any signs of shock but is there something im missing?

Hey @Hankthegr8, Autos usually don’t like to be transplanted, I noticed mine took two or more weeks after transplant to kick into gear, but a few of mine went through Holy Hell during the Transport to the destination.
Hopefully everything goes just fine with your transplant, if it doesn’t just wait it out. They"ll be fine I’m sure, let me know if there is anything noticeable during the grow.
PS. get a good organic bug spray

@FyshhTrap, what are your thoughts on neem oil? I burned my other reg. flower girl with it already. Mixed to strong.

That Garden Safe is Exactly what I use, spray bottle, put it on at night so it doesn’t burn during the day, Great stuff !!

Very cool and thank you for the guidance. Will the garden safe be enough by itself? Wjay

@garrigan62
@Hawkeye_diesel
@bob31
@Dr.DankThumb420

Is my girl starting to flower already??? Amnesia Haze AF, outdoors in 5 gal buckets. Planted the seeds exactly 40 days ago, I just femmed her 4 days ago so her tops haven’t even grown out yet but are those hairs starting? She’s not very tall (about 12 inches) and hardly branched out yet, I was hoping she would be bigger before she flowered. Any input please!

4 Likes

Not do sound like an ass, but that’s what an autoflower does. It doesn’t grow up big then flower it is basically in the flower stage it’s whole life, besides a week or 2. Yes she is flowering and looks to have been flowering for a few days. When did she begin to flower?

2 Likes

@Hawkeye_diesel thought it was starting to sprout hairs a couple of days ago but wasn’t really sure if I was right or not

2 Likes

I am going to grow my autos outdoors this year. It is only mid may and already getting close to 100 degrees here with high humidity and hardly any rain for the last 3 or 4 weeks. I may be in for quite a job of this. But I gotta try it. I have been using Neem oil in my water and nutrient mix about once a month. I do not use much, but it has not seemed to hurt any of the plants that I have grown and finished. I have not had any pests problems yet. I do not know if that means it is working or I have just been lucky for the last few grows. I put my autos out in the sun every day, then under the indoor lights at night for the rest of the 18 hours of light I like to use. I think I will put them outside this time and see what happens. I saw a tip from growers in Scotland for slugs and snails. They pour beer into a cup and put the cup about half into the ground around their plants. The cups were full of dead slugs and snails. There were none on their plants. Maybe that will help someone.

1 Like

Hawkeye,

Thanks for the explanation because I have been wondering about this too. I didn’t know much about autos but decided to try them. I did transplant too a couple times last yeat and plants started flowering not long after going outside and was kinda shocked. Wasn’t aware the autos don’t like transplanting. Anyway the plants last year threw leaves of 3 all over the plant after initial flowering. They finally straighted out and started flowering again and finished in the fall. Now I have started 3 White Widow autos about 45 days ago. Just went outdoors fulltime about a week ago. One plant is 6" tall and starting to flower already. Just really weird being that small. Blows my mind. So if they finish in 120 days im looking at them flowering for the next 3 1/2 months? Thanks for your help!

@Wishbone she’s gonna have a growth spurt here pretty soon. Just the beginning of flower. They go thru like a 10 day to 2 week transition before they’re actually in flower. They can grow quite a bit over the next month.

So she isn’t done growing by any means!

3 Likes

@bob31, thank you for that information! I was thinking I was gonna be kind of disappointed with this grow if that was as big as she got there wasn’t gonna be much buds. In the beginning their first few weeks it was really cloudy and stormy, not much sun at all so I figured they were probably stunted a little bit but thought they still would of gotten a little bit bigger then they are right now. THANKS again @bob31 ! :smiley::+1:

1 Like

Sorry I want to start a new topic and don’t know how . Help

@Wishbone hey i recently got that pack and so far works good. The packets of calibration fluid were only .98 but shipping was like 13.00$ so i passed and found similar ph calibration fluid for $2.99 at my local grow shop( plant productions, LOVE EM’)Its a cheapy and i knew it and still bought it, if it makes it to the end of just 1 auto grow it will have paid for it’s self. It works, seems accurate, stays calibrated well.

3 Likes

Has anyone seen these before there ducksfoot strain

2 Likes

Last summer i had 4 skunk#1 had one hermie had one take too long to finish nefore frost. This year had 3 1 male 2 females of wich one hermied after doing great most of the summer. Figured out that a street light on the back of a neighbors barns was the culprit. The one that i moved out to middle of a feild gave me over a qp dry after i lost like 2oz to mold. Sorry for ur troubles but glad im not the only one out there that did that. Hey i learned alot, not as good as a nice bag of meds but its something

Staggering a out door auto grow… excellent idea…

1 Like