Auto flower outdoors

This will be my second time growing and it will be outdoors as well. First time was just from some unknown bag seed and turned out REALLY good despite struggling with street lights during flowering. So this time I’m wanting to try auto flowering and was gonna go with the auto flower super skunk strain till I saw in the details it said “indoors”, does this mean it’s NOT recommended for an outdoor grow at all? TIA

2 Likes

Hey

Ive grown them outdoors in soil in a pot. I used White Widow (from ILGM of course) I do have a cheap plastic grow tent/ greenhouse thing that cost me about a £10 which kept them warm but I didnt plant them until about April. Im in the UK. Autoflower is pretty resilient providing you dont get frost when its small and I got a pretty good yield from it. I am no expert though by any means but I didnt have an issue.

3 Likes

That means they are more suitable for indoors. I personally thing autos and outdoors go hand in hand. They will grow and flower no matter what the lighting is and you can do several outdoor or staggered harvests!

:+1: :palm_tree::v:

6 Likes

Absolutely YES, start them indoors for 3-4 weeks then trans to out side, if kept in a pot make sure its Large,
I plant mine directly in soil, There IS a shock period, but they Will get through this.
If kept potted, give them smaller amts of Direct sun at first, then Tons more after they adjust.
If planted in soil , it becomes a bit trickier to gauge the amt of direct sun it gets at first, remember the days get longer and hotter through the Spring to summer, but by the end of the grow you want Maximum amt. of sun as possible.
Relax @Wishbone, its All a learning curve, Always <*)))><{

6 Likes

@Wishbone

Not really i supose it could be grown out side.
I’m doing a grow right now on all of ILGM Autoflowering plants. if you want i will tag you so that you can see before you buy.

Will

2 Likes

Yes please go ahead and tag me I’d be interested in knowing how they turn out. I think I’m going to go with Auto flower amenisha haze and try my luck with that :+1:

1 Like

Well i’m doing that one also and i taged you and everytime i do an update or post you will be notified

Will

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks Will appreciate it

1 Like

I’m still waiting for my seeds in the mail but I just picked me up a bag of seed starting soil and a bag of Fox Farm Ocean floor potting soil mix! Can’t wait to get my grow started!

2 Likes

I’ll be following this, I’m goin to do and all auto crop and an experiment between ffof and the happy frog soils.

4 Likes

Hey @Wishbone flip that bag over and tell me if that is a soilless mix? “jiffy natural and organic seed starting MIX

1 Like

@bob31 Says… This mix contains 60% - 70% sphagnum, peat moss, vermiculite, coir pith and lime for ph adjuster. Is that soilless or a soil mix? My plan is starting my Amnesia Haze AF in the Jiffy Mix then to transplant them to the Fox Farm Ocean Floor potting soil mix, will this work?

1 Like

Its soiless. So treat it like hydro with ph of 5.8. Some really good stuff im using it rn an have used it before for outdoor. The jiffy soil

Yep @Wishbone it’s soilless and it’s fine to start in. Just like @Dr.DankThumb420 indicated just pH water in at 5.8 while in just that mix. You might get some lower runoff pH after you transplant but you’ll be fine.

1 Like

@bob31 I pool strip tested my tap water and it appears my tap water has a PH value around 7.5, how do I lower my PH for watering seedlings? We have a hot tub and we use a powdered pool chemicals for raising and lowering the PH. Is this safe to use for my plant’s water or is there a safer and better way for controlling my water’s PH? I’m thinking about trying to collect rain water for watering but I’m not sure what the PH value for rain water would be. I need to figure something out though pretty quick, I’m expecting my magic beans any day in the mail lol TIA
P.S I just had a thought… how important is the PH for the 24 hour seed soak and germinating method ILGM talks about?

I didn’t pH my water until I was spraying my sprouts. Not sure it matters for the seed hatch?

Rainwater is usually a good neutral pH. There is a pretty good topic on that already. I will see if I can find it and link it here.

The ph adjusters for pools… I’m not sure about those. What’s in them? (Anyone else doing that?) I believe that the ph up & down used to adjust fish tanks is the same stuff as what I recommend:

ph and tds meters

ph up & Down

https://www.amazon.com/General-Hydroponics-GH1514-Control-Kit/dp/B000BNKWZY/ref=sr_1_2?tag=greenrel-20

If you’re doing added nutrients to your soil at some point you would need to know the TDS as well as the pH

3 Likes

@bob31 did you have to get the calibration fluid they are talking about in the testers item description?

I bought the small bottle of 7.0 fluid as most of my measurements are in that area. It’s good to know that your meter is correct!

And those are just examples… There are meters that are similar. Those are just to get you thinking in the right direction.

Soil mix for auto flowering

@Wishbone I like what u got going on there. I have some autos I want to do out door as well. I read the ilgm grown book and it stated for my region I should start mine in May. Do u plan on feeding them as well or just making up the hole and just watering … thanks for the info

1 Like