Artistry Under the Influence

Awesome job @Myfriendis410

1 Like

Wow, what a tribute!

1 Like

Iā€™m going to miss him. Heā€™s become a really dear friend. Our plans for retirement revolve around moving to be close to them.

A little fat boy slim type vibe

Looks great. The corners get dark and the small pieces might be in a shadow. Maybe swap them.

1 Like

They have to go in a certain order. Airman Basic on the upper left, right side are field grade and staff rank and the center are his generalā€™s stars. As it will be hung on the wall it will be properly illuminated.

3 Likes

Gawd damnā€¦your sense of rhythm is great, even with the electronic stuff. I would inject WD40 into my rusted fingers in order to play bass with you, what a musical challenge that would be!

Please, Alan, tell us some more about this person who you so lovingly made this forā€¦an officer? A fellow soldier? A dear friend? All three?

2 Likes

My closest friend and is retiring as a lieutenant general (3 stars) of the Air Force. He was, or is, responsible for about 50 installations around the country. Anything to do with space or cyber. It was a surprise that he was stationed here for his last duty. Itā€™s been good.

3 Likes

a remake of ā€œAmerican Girlā€ by Tom Petty

@Willd I drew the midi of all instruments and edited a few premade drum fills

2 Likes

A little sample of my latest messing around for you rockers

@Screwauger @North_East_Newbie @Countryboyjvd1971 @daz49 @garrigan62 @Hogmaster

7 Likes

Love the title hahaha sounds like the ending, duh nuh nun! @Willd

1 Like

OK so hereā€™s another one I put together in a few hours this morning. Again these are juset scratchpad ideas I have constanly coming into my head. Iā€™m really getting more comfortable with the jazz drumming in spite of the fact there are no brushes in the iPad touch kit.

Itā€™s dedicated to my favorite frozen treat

Itā€™s not a magnum @daz49 but theyā€™re pretty darn good.

8 Likes

Probably tasty, but unless you wanna send me one Iā€™ll have to take your word for it you tease mr @Willd lol and you canā€™t use them for stem splitting when your finished lol

2 Likes

Nice!
One of the congos is getting quantized a little late

Thanks.
That would be because itā€™s turned off.
I try my best to avoid any digital ā€œhelpā€ that affects the mechanics in an effort to improve my internal meter. Leaves that little bit of slop to maintain a less ā€œprogrammedā€ sound.

These multi track recordings are just for scratch padding all the little grooves and riffs I hear in my head to make them go away. Itā€™s strictly a means of catharsis. Sometimes I work on part and pieces and have it turn out that Iā€™m actually just covering something I heard on the jazz radio or any of the hundreds of thousands of songs Iā€™ve heard over my lifetime.
I really like using the iOS version of garage band better since the metronome is SO much louder
I recorded the conga track on the OS X version with the much quieter metronome using my Carbon 49 controller.

1 Like

I put a compressor on my metronome in Logic Pro itā€™s called a klogenspiel or something

Thanks to some 0% holiday financing offers, I was able to pick up a much coveted Fender Mustang bass and and 300W Ashdown combo amp with 2x10 speaker config. Now on to my next obsession!

4 Likes

geez,i bet the house will be bumping tonight!
nice set-up!

Good afternoon, art lovers. Not only have the Old Masters influenced my art, but also modern music. A good text can bring on some cool ideas, such as;

I get sad when the bottleā€™s empty:wink:

15 Likes