Are unhealthy sugar leaves useable?

So I will be harvesting my first grow tomorrow, (1) ILGM White Widow Scrog. Here is link to my journal if you want to check it out:

Question is, I have a bunch of sugar leaves that aren’t very healthy looking (cal-mag and/or phosphorus def), but they are covered in trichomes so I would like to be able to make butter or vape juice out of them, but is it safe to use them?

I’ve done some searching but haven’t really found an answer about unhealthy leaves.

@latewood @Majiktoker @garrigan62 @Donaldj

1 Like

I’m not sure on the answer but I also have some sugar leafs that have yellowed and will be harvesting on Saturday. I’m going to make some hash with them.

1 Like

Yes you can use the sugar leaves and its likely caused from a normal process if your harvesting, closer to harvest leaves will turn yellow from being used up and the plant trying to finish.

2 Likes

Thanks @Majiktoker

1 Like

You may get different opinions on this and will have to weigh them all.
Here is hoe I see you using your sugar leaves. Do not use damage leaves.
Use the green healthy ones. You can make low grade bubble hash, or
edibles, or oil. It is up to you. Might be a good idea to throw in some
good bud to raise the quality of your finished product. Good Luck :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just be careful to use them or dry them so they dont mold . I stuffed about 3oz of sugar leafs in a ziplock thinking they would be fine for 4 days and when I opened it up you couldn’t really see it but you could smell that underlying moldy smell so I just had to toss it