Aquaponic experiment

I gotta try this Aquaponics stuff - Looks fun - Good grow

2 Likes

Looking at what you have done here @Mrcrabs theoretically I can run a DWC using my aquarium water… gives me something to think about. CHEERS

1 Like

@Bubbles1 thanks buddy, it can be done, I just had a few problems with deficiencies but that was taken care of with going with dual root zone, good luck my friend. Sorry I took so long to reply, working 12/7, feels good to be back home.

1 Like

@Mrcrabs no worries mate. Will hav 2 do sum homework on this dual root zone bit… dunno if I’m ready to tackle deficiencies yet. Only on 1st grow just yet…DWC anyways. I had half a dozen over last couple of summers here that were brutalized every day and so became bonsai. Kept 2 of us smokn but.12/7… raking it in. I worked on prawn trawlers for a lot of years. I too know the pleasure of long hours. Stay at home dad now. Appreciate your time.

1 Like

@WakkaFahaka

@kw_Bat

1 Like

Sweet!

Mr Crabs. What is your analysis of the experiment?

Did you adapt anything you found during over to your in place system?

Thanks for the tag!

What i found out is that having a dual root system is the way to go @kw_Bat, atm im learning all i can at growing organically and using organic pesticides that won’t affect the fish and contaminated the water, these experimental stage was a blessing, another thing is sail fin mollies are very hardy and can tolerate ph fluctuations, nitrates spikes, and chemicals, i sourced mine from irrigation runoff, after resher i found they can also live in contaminated water thst had hydrogen sulfide gasses, I’ll look up info later any questions tag me buddy

1 Like

Have you seen my dual root , self watering buckets that I build…?
Might be something you might be interested in… let me know and I get you pics… :wink:
@Mrcrabs
:v::sunglasses:

Yes i get pics, no i haven’t, kool im interested

1 Like

Here you go…

Its basically a wicking system…

My wife uses them with her veggies… since I moved to rdwc I dont use them anymore but I’ve grown 6’ + monster mj plants with this system…

You only water the soil once or twice to get plants established and then you only water through the PVC pipe for the rest of the grow…
:v::sunglasses:

Sweet thanks for sharing, im getting ready little by little , might try one, I’ll have to figure out how to incorporate into a circulating system but that wat marijuana ingenuity is for that appreciate it, very nice system