Amnesia Haze & AK-47 seedling

New question for y’all. I’m using smart pots, three gallon. Do I need to worry about being root bound?

1 Like

i’m no pro,but i would think so if your plant got big enough…using the smart pots you are able to utilize your root area fully instead of roots just wrapping around the outside looking for nutrients…jmo
autos? maybe not so much…but a monster cropped photo plant would need something larger… let us see what others have to say too @Laurap

1 Like

I don’t think so on the root bound in smart pots
They will air prune but maybe if you left them in there for a long time

2 Likes

Thanks, I got sticky! Working on girls last night pulled my hands and for first time fingers were sticky.
Guess I shouldn’t play with them so much anymore😎

2 Likes

lol,that is a good thing @Laurap…lol

1 Like

Now I’m no expert with soil in the least… But I thought photos should be in 5 gallon pots. I could be wrong but that’s more or less what I think the consensus was reading ppls topics. 3 gallon for autos 5 gallon for photos. I definitely could be wrong though

2 Likes

You can do photos in 3 gallon pots if there are height restrictions. They won’t produce as much but I’ve seen growers do it, say if they have a tall sativa they are trying to keep shorter etc. Happy growing :+1:

3 Likes

The girls are Growing Big Now! It’s so cool to see all the buds now and see all the sticky! Yummy

3 Likes

Wanted to update progress on my girls. We’re on day 15 of flowering. I’ve made mistakes due to being first indoor grow and waiting too long to attempt much. So , I’ve got 6 girls that I only topped and LSTed. Hindsight I would of had 4 plants as I won’t get the optimum out of mine due to not SCROGing. With the LST it helps but I can still see areas of buds not getting enough light. I still think I’ll have a decent harvest. Here’s what they’re looking like today

2 Likes

4 Likes

5 Likes

@Laurap “Smell-o-vision” is required for these pics.

1 Like

Already heavy smell and getting sticky! Yeah wish I could send ya a smell

1 Like

I’ve been looking at advanced nutes for girls. Have looked and searched on forum for info on using them. Ordered bud candy and finishing flush bit not sure if I’ll use on this grow. It will depend on what info I can find and when I receive shipment as girls are 18 days into flower. May of waited too long.

@bob31, @Countryboyjvd1971, im coming to y’all to ask about before harvest. I’ve read all over the place with various options. Some say to flush two days before, some say 10-@5 days before. Some say stop nutes 10-15 days ( used only trio nutes). I’m like what I’d think an expentant father would be not knowing what was correct thing to do. One day darkness, or two? Different answers. Anyway I respect your abilities and hope you’d give me some insight. I’m still about a month before but trying to get my ducks in a row.

I defer to @Countryboyjvd1971 He and I share like opinions, but he words it better. I will say I doubt there is a “Wrong” way to do it.

How much time do you estimate yo have left @Laurap ok reading comprehension!!! LOL About a month out!

1 Like

That’s my problem. Everybody seems to have the best way to harvest.
I want to do the harvest to best of my ability. That being said, i made plenty mistakes ,learned from them but don’t want to look back in hindsight saying I should of done this or that.
I trust your and @Countryboyjvd1971 opinion and value all the info y’all have given me so far. So I’m asking how y’all do it.

Hey @Laurap I’ve been super busy lately and I just skimmed the thread
So when I’m getting close to harvest this is what I do
I do not flush
I will stop feeding two weeks before I harvest and only use ph water :sweat_drops:
Even if you decide to keep her in flower for an extra week they will be ok
I will also stop watering about two to three days prior to harvest
I will split my stems about 24-48 hour prior to harvest
This is optional and not necessary once split your committed to harvest :+1:
I will also turn my light off for 24 hrs prior
Then I chop them down and hang branches off wire coat hangers in my tent with exhaust and intake fans on no lights until the stems snap not bend
Once dry I will put it in jars to cure burping once a day for 30 min or twice a day for 15 min
For two weeks
Then I’ll vacuum seal jars for the long cure if needed I’ll as bovidia packs 62 for the cure
I try to keep humidity in jars around 60% my self if I need the packs I use 62% bovidia packs
Hope this helps
I’ll be around on and off today
Need to do my inspections now I’m at work :cowboy_hat_face: :+1::v: CB back soon

2 Likes

Thanks so much. Can’t tell you how many sites I’ve looked at including here and got 1000 different answer. Have just one question: you said you used the bovidia paks if needed. How do you know if they’re needed

1 Like

I place a small hydrometer in the jars I’ll rotate which jar it’s in everyday when I burp to get a general idea what’s going on usually if dried properly you’ll have about the same humidity levels in the jars
You could buy a bunch of them and put one in each jar to monitor humidity? Could get costly lol
FYI burping the jars is a must it not only releases any unwanted moisture from your jars but also some harmful gases that are a by product of the curing process
I believe @Majiktoker could explain that to you in a little more detail

2 Likes