Already planning my second grow

@dbrn32 is in point @Patsbasement
I like the lights and they perform well i think two of the 400 are best for the 4x4
I’ll admit I am a little lazy and have a lot in my plate which is why I haven’t built my own panel
But I’ll say. This when I do @dbrn32 is going to be my got to guy :+1:

1 Like

This is my way of thinking @Patsbasement you already have a 600w hid which is a nice light but like @dbrn32 said to upgrade performance with led you would have to spend some $$ you already have,a hood (is it rated for a 1000w) a1000w ballast is going to cost around $175-200 and a 1000w bulb under $100 depends on which ones and maybe in the future add another tent set up and hood and put the 600w back service and do a perpetual grow…I’ve never grown with led but if I do I’ll probably save for a big $$ light not knocking the cheaper ones I just would rather have 1 light then three to do the same job…

1 Like

Thanks for the input all of you…
@Ron330 @Bogleg @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971 @WillyJ @Smokin_ernie
Now for the next infestation!

I just evicted a f?!@&$ toad last week and now I found 12 of these worms on my 4 trouble makers. I took em all out and spun em around. They did eat some foliage but not too much… what should be my plan of attack? Vigilance and a keen eye I know but neem oil spray and a rinse at harvest? I am 2-3 weeks from harvest…
@AnneBonny

1 Like

I guess we know what the toad was eating!
@bob31

3 Likes

Maybe I should put the toad back in!
@Willd

2 Likes

make sure you get into those buds and look, they will burrow in and ruin the bud from the inside, leading to rot and lots of piller poop. A bunch of people from the west coast of US battled these suckers this year, and lost some good crop. That one does look big, so check for anything out of the ordinary that might be eggs/larva…

Here is a link to thread that may have some solutions

3 Likes

@Niala
Thanks for the help and I have ordered the btk
Ugh!
@WillyJ

3 Likes

Thanks for reposting @Niala post about BT Caterpillar killer. 2 applications did the trick here FYI

7 Likes

I spray my plants with Safer. It contains the BTK and it is available locally. I actually bought it last year to spray for the winter moth caterpillars.

Geez @Patsbasement get in there close as the boys out west will attest those bad boys can get in deep into that bud!

7 Likes

Changing ballast and bulb is an option. Didn’t think of that, good looking out @WillyJ.

There are going to be trade offs however you decide to go. It’s best to try and find what is going to work best for your application and budget.

4 Likes

Oh no! @Patsbasement. Hang that no vacancy sign and spray those girls with the BTK. Fingers crossed you got them in time.

4 Likes

I’ve encountered a couple of those on a couple outdoor plants…I will be harvesting probably in the next day or two I’m trying to find the time…got tp go to Bridgeport, CT tomorrow maybe I’ll start if I’m back early enough so I’ll be looking for more of them…my opinion is outdoor plants stay outdoor plants you can look for hrs and there is probably still some kind of critter if they’ve been outside…I’d finish this grow clean up everything and start fresh…there are always more trouble makers @Patsbasement :wink:

6 Likes

What a crappy ending @Patsbasement

Just ask @Rugar89 what those critters can do and in a very short time. Toad if you can find him I would put him back. BTk is a must and then a bud wash and rinse at harvest. Man o censored man

7 Likes

Hopefully it was just on the plant fell out of a tree or something look real good which I’m sure you have @Patsbasement how long have they been inside? Long enough to wake the toad right? Lol

4 Likes

Yup, already planning a major cleaning of the tent after these are harvested… I will do a visual inspection twice a day until I get my btk then 2 applications more vi then harvest with good soaking in h2o2 drying with fans
Did I miss anything?
@Screwauger @bob31 @WillyJ @Countryboyjvd1971

6 Likes

@Patsbasement I was just thinking I would try and keep the humidity as low as you can right now until you make sure your rid of them and any damage to buds heal…try and avoid any rot…

2 Likes

I will defer on the critter treatment but follow up that H2o2 dunk with a rinse or, even a two station gentle rinse in clean, room temp water. @Patsbasement

I went all in and did 4 stations. H2o2 and water; Lemon juice, Baking Soda and Water, and two rinse buckets.

4 Likes

@Screwauger
I will watch the vid on YouTube but please describe your 4 tub method in more detail when you have time
Thanks

2 Likes

@Patsbasement

I basically followed advice I had seen here; advice provided by @Willd and that video by Cervantes. I also read extensively about a guy named Doc Bud’s process. Look for a thread with 130 pages on another site that google will likely offer you.

Bucket 1 Hydrogen Peroxide and room temp water at 3:1 Water to H2o2 (1 gallon peroxide and 3 gal water)

Bucket 2 1/2 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup baking soda in 4-5 gallons of room temp water

Bucket 3 Plain room temp water or even colder water

Bucket 4 Same as Bucket 3

Hang to dry and use fan oscillating for first day or so to get excess H2o off. According to Doc Bud they are not hurt by light during this initial drying phase with fans.

Then normal drying procedures (I found I may have lengthened the drying time by a day or two).

That’s what I did primarily because I had powdery mildew and had sprayed the flowering plants. Minus the podery mildew or other disease you could omit the H2o2 Bucket as many folks do the other three as standard operating procedure.

4 Likes

@dbrn32 @Bogleg @Screwauger @Countryboyjvd1971 @WillyJ @bob31 @AnneBonny
Could not wait until amazon delivered safer btk and sprayer so I got both locally this am and took all 4 out ( what would I do if I had scrogged em!) and gave em all a good spray of 3 teaspoons to a gallon from on top then I elevated the plants and did it again from underneath… I found 12 caterpillar yesterday and only 1 today after a very close inspection with a flashlight
So let’s hope this is under control I will spray again next watering and inspect daily.
Still planning on @Screwauger four tub method of rinsing at harvest in a couple weeks
Did I miss anything?
Thanks to all for the help, I hope with experience I can help someone else!

6 Likes