Air flow into my grow room

Wow, I shouldn’t complain then LOL. Will you be able to move the grow into the house at some point?

I’m sorry what size tent and exhaust fan you running ?
Looks like you got some good advise from the peeps here @doodlebug give some of those ideas a try slowing down your exhaust fan is a good idea make sure you heater is opposite the exhaust intake so heat stays in room /tent a little longer
Also your filter should be on intake side of exhaust FYI not in attic
Hahahaha somebody needs to make the $ around here. You sound like my wife :v::grin: Let us know how you make out :v:CB

just peeped me head in, its 75F now but humidity went down to 36%, I may need to do some rearranging with the heater, it may be to close to the phat filter I guessed it about 8 feet from each other, I need to get this figured out by tomorrow. So by turning down the filter speed and kicking up the heater, blocking the air flow from the bottom of the door and shoving window AC black filter thing in the vent hole going into my room, my heat is now up and humidity is down , oy Im glad I had nothing to do today :smirk:
When I change the light schedule tomorrow I will worry, it can get down to 66 in that room if I am not careful. Did I mention the plastic around my windows are now bulging out like the chick from willy wonka

40% humidity is alright as is 68 degrees, everything looks good …best of luck!

1 Like

oh good, I can stop panicking LOL

Hope so I’ve been making 68f do the trick for last 2 weeks and in flower lower temps aren’t as much of a factor as in veg

these ladies are seeing temps as low as 48f and high around 66f

2 Likes

You and me both brother sometimes even south of that LOL :snowman: I’ve hit 58 a couple times but you got me beat…!

Going to use my old 400w ballast and pull my 600w the ballast throws off lots of heat being magnetic so can put it right in unit to raise temps

1 Like

thank you for talking me off the ledge LOL, have I mentioned how much this chic loves this site? everyone is so helpful. Im going to stop freaking out now

I was just thinking where do you exhaust your fan to now outside? If you just let it blow into room tent is located it might help with temps since it will be able to recycle some of the warm air it’s discharging? Just a thought
I do this when it extremely cold out I’m in ny upstate so it can get dam cold lol

That’s exactly what I do and I have an air exchanger where I can adjust if it gets too hot or humid or what have you but usually I use the heat to heat my bedroom on the other side of the wall LOL

…the tents normally hold about 70 but when it’s down in the single digits I divert it back into the tents &/or growroom, hope it helps ?

2 Likes

The air goes to the attic now

The room is holding at 73

That’s good Fingers crossed

Will

1 Like

Ok cool was just a thought and a option should you find yourself dealing with low temps
Happy growing @doodlebug

1 Like

Update, added a door sweep to the bottom of the grow room door, added a register vent to the other side of the wall in the grow room, helped with the air pouring in the room. Temp is holding temp at 75F but the lights switch off for the start of the 12/12 cycle, in like 4 mins

1 Like

YAY!!! lights went out on time. I stood in there to see if any light was coming through or we accidently had any little lights on, it is black as my town after dark. :grin: Oh how exciting.

4 Likes

hi i am a 3rd time grower in new zealand, i to have had problems in keeping my grow room at a consistent temp, I have had this problem of keeping my temp at a temp that dosnt do harm to my 4 babies, i have now got 3 fans in my g/room , one pointing up towards the light , and the other is making sure i dont have a vortext of air at the top of my tent, going round and round,and getting stale air across my plants,this is where the 3rd fan comes in , i have connected this fan to the top of my roof of tent and so all stale air gose out the vents, i put this on so it blows air out , i kinow this sounds extreme, but it works, and now it is sitting between 73degs to 77degs{f}, I would use my air centrifugal fm2 fan , but it makes sucha horrible loud noise, that with the filter , just dosnt seem to keep the temp where i need it …any improvements u can help with my setup and temp , would b gratefully accepted , thanks, dot

@Dot a picture is worth a thousand words
If you wouldn’t mind taking one of your set up maybe we could help you out
I’m in the hvac buisness so I’ll try and assist you if you’d like

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m new here and new to growing luv this site…been reading a lot of forums and you seem to be the hvac guy…could you check out the forum I started your help would be greatly appreciated thanks WillyJ