Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

2/11/18 update

Not much to update today. The Gorilla glue clones got flipped to 12/12 and they along with the Blueberry auto and the Gold Leaf and GG from seed got ph’d water only.

I did take some trichome pics of the blueberry auto. I was hoping it was closer than it is. Still mostly white pistils (this photo looks like there are no brown but there are) and trichomes are pretty clear with some cloudy. I was hoping another 2 weeks but will likely be more (sigh).

18 Likes

The Blueberrys seem to progress slower then other strains of autos I see on here for some reason. Not a bad thing though. Allows for more time for them buds to bulk up more!

3 Likes

And it is definitely getting bulky @Rugar89. I am forcing myself to be patient. Even went to the dispensary to get some vape juice with night smoke to hold me over so I’m not tempted to cut early.

7 Likes

@AnneBonny, how does a Vape Juice high compare to a bowl hit? It’s been a while since I was able to partake plus I’ve never Vaped. I know, it seems I’ve been out of touch for a while, I’m an old fart but I’m getting back into the swing of things.

1 Like

A flower vaporizer is the way to go @Flyr smoking is just so harsh. Vaporizer has the same effects,. But some people enjoy it. It’s not my thing. Vaping also has 0 smell so, it’s discrete. That might be important also. I know it is for me. I prefer edibles though. Not to hijack @AnneBonny ‘s thread, and I’m sure she has input on the the vape juice aspect.

3 Likes

Exactly as @Covertgrower said. No smell and more discreet. And no apology needed at all. I can’t smoke because I cough too much and it makes me feel like crap. I swear I cough away the high. My go to are canna caps, edibles, infused honey and the vape pen. I like making my own vape juice but I only have sativa strains right now and needed an indica for night time. I always have infused coconut oil in the freezer to make edibles or canna caps. It took me a while to figure out what worked best for me but now that I’m in a groove I’ve never felt better. @Flyr

9 Likes

They are looking great @AnneBonny. You are going to have some amazing product :green_heart: :seedling:

1 Like

They are looking fantastic @AnneBonny

7 Likes

I use everything but the vape is different from all of them. I have a dry vape that holds a bowl full in the bucket and if I want to taste the terpenes I vape. Also, you don’t “plateau” like the bong: you just get higher.

5 Likes

I have been disappointed in my vape. And PS my husband, who rarely smokes weed, like maybe once every 5 years, LOL can smell it when I use the vape. I also don’t get as high and it doesn’t seem to last very long. I only use the dry vape, haven’t made any vape juice yet to try it. Guess I need to find a different vape. :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

I don’t seem to feel the high as well with the vape but maybe I’m impatient or need better juice? And I have also noticed a bit of odor though certainly not nearly as much as a joint, bowl, or bong.

2 Likes

When you Vape, can you see smoke or steam when you exhale? I like the idea of a stealth buzz but I’s like to know if I’m ingesting something. I’ve got to do some research on Vaping, that’s for sure. Ladies, you continue to teach me something each conversation. Thanks

3 Likes

I have done and do both dry herb vape and those O.pen style vapes. Both will be just like any other vape and you will exhale visible vapor. But you can hold your breath and that will reduce or even eliminate any visible exhale.

The variety of dry herb vaporizer makes a huge difference. Definitely do your research. I have a simple dry herb only pen made by Fez. It works great for me on the highest setting with a densely packed bowl. Takes about as much weed as my standard bowl. I get 6-8 good hits off of it. Normally I can do a single hit for a good buzz. If I do all 6-8 it’s like smoking a bowl.

7 Likes

@Bogleg, Great… Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

The key thing about dry vaping is you’re not ingesting cellulose which is what contributes to that bad cough. I run mine fairly hot at 400° and like that with this device. It’s called the Alternate by Vivant.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 I didn’t realize that about less coughing with the dry vape. I just assumed it would be the same as a joint or bowl so thanks for that info.

I don’t dry vape @Flyr for the reason above. Plus you still get the smell with that from what I understand which I don’t want. I either get it from the dispensary (when I have to) or make my own vape juice. If you do your research in making your own you will see that depending on the combination of what you use - VG and PG or MCT oil (which I have not used yet but I hear is better) you can fine tune it to your preference on how much vapor you blow out and on the strength of the actual juice. I think (am not positive) the more PG you use the more vapor you see. I might have that backwards thought.

I think @Countryboyjvd1971 does his recipe for vape juice with all VG because the PG makes him cough too much. Plus with making my own I can flavor it how I want. I have a cinnamon, a peppermint and a hazelnut flavor going at the moment depending on my mood. I’m not a huge fan of the actual flavor/taste of cannabis which is probably sacrilegious to say on this forum…but there it is.

Have you looked at the thread on making your own? Lots of good info there plus Youtube video to get you started. It really comes down to trial and error when you have enough bud to experiment with. Tag me if you have more questions.

5 Likes

Holyblueberrybigbudapalooza @AnneBonny that is a nice cola!! Wait wait wait.

It’s funny I grew two BBA’s. One I was harvesting tops on day 96. My other is no where near ready on day 110+.
Likely depends on several factors but wow, I’ve not had smoke this good in a long long time. One bud pulled from the jar and cut up danks up the whole basement for hours. Love it.

Great work so far!!!

6 Likes

Thanks for the kind words @Screwauger. Never thought I’d have something like that in my tent. ILGM genetics for sure.

I have been reading about how much you’re loving that and what a time difference between the 2 plants…crazy! Just like kids they will each do their own thing. The vape I got at the dispensary is blueberry and I have been sleeping really well so can’t wait to harvest my own because thanks to genetics, you and everyone here I know my blueberry is going to be even better.

5 Likes

@AnneBonny, @Screwauger is correct. That is one big bud. Looks like “Cousin It.” Have you named her? And Anne, thanks, I have so many good suggestions from @Myfriendis410, it will take me a month to research recipes. The more I think about things and hear such cool things about smoking, vaping, butter ect… I want to hang up my hat and quit the Paramedic thing so I can smoke or partake every once and a while.

2 Likes

Hey can you help me Iim trying to see if my plant is going to survive. It barely came out this morning but it’s leaning.looks healthy though