Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

and one more @Rugar89 @FreakyDeekie @Manny_FTGUTube @70sChick @Buck3 @MindlessCorpse @Immortalized

3 Likes

Maybe…hard to tell. See what the gurus say.

2 Likes

Pistils @AnneBonny

Some go faster than others!

4 Likes

That bug would make me vomit. Please tell me it’s a lot smaller than it appears! Holy!

3 Likes

It was the size of a fly I would say. @Tylan

1 Like

Lol oh. I do not like bugs. I’m terrified of moths for some strange reason and because of that keep me away from butterflies too! People laugh at me all the time when they find out lol.

2 Likes

If you were on a shorter day night cycle than 18/6 they will transition faster. I’ve been on a 14/10 for a while prior to flipping and it seems to reduce stretching somewhat as well.

Those are pistils!

3 Likes

You are doing good, those are preflower , all goes well…
The adult beatle is most likely nothing to be concerned about, but his larvae may be harmful…
I dont know, but I am sure you are watching your ladies closely…
Happy flowering. :wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

She’s showing you that she is a lady and from now on she will go in flower :wink:party

1 Like

Build it don’t buy it… :hammer:
If you’ve got the space for another tent or a larger tent (I just went thru this myself…) - building a permanent space/grow room is not as hard as you’d think it is. And it’s pretty close to same costs. Re-using existing fans/filter/lights and adding as necessary you can expand your space on the cheap.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks for that heads up @Ragnar as it never crossed my mind. I wonder if I should put some DE on them as a precaution.

1 Like

You may do that, just prevention …

1 Like

yep takes around two weeks or more for them to fully transition and some may transition faster or slower it case by case. I usually still just feed grow nutrients 7-9 days before mixing some bloom in afterwards and then it just straight bloom.

But don’t want to mess with what you doing with your setup though! Glad your clones root quickly these two strains I’m growing are slow to clone I don’t mind though an extra week or two never hurt nobody :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So here is a question for growers using the fabric pots. I noticed last time I watered that as soon as I started to put the water in it was coming out of the sides of the pots. That was on Saturday and today when I got home I checked the soil and it was already pretty dry, which is not usual for my girls. I am assuming since so much water went out the sides of the pots the soil didn’t actually get the amount of water I thought. Plus I was looking underneath and noticed some roots showing on the top of the soil, so I added more so they were not exposed.

Is it normal as they get bigger and go into flower for this to happen? Or is it because the roots are so big now? I’m curious.

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger @Myfriendis410 @WillyJ @BIGE @Majiktoker @DoomSack @Rugar89 @Hogmaster and anyone else who wants to chime in.

6 Likes

I had that happen on one of mine, I figured the root just got exposed due to the soil settling from numerous watering.

I noticed on my fabric pots, when I use the handles, it caused the soil near the edges to shiflt/loosen, which would cause a quicker leakage when watered on that side. I found watering slower worked better for me, but any I did lose I just let soak up in to the bottom of the pot.

3 Likes

@AnneBonny I have water that runs out the sides, I usually water them slower, and water different plants and let it soak, and come back and water it more. I use a pressurized tank sprayer to water. It slows the water flow down, and allows the soil to soak in the water. Usually after the first light soaking enough water has moistened the soil to kind of grab the rest of it in.

5 Likes

@AnneBonny I think the root ball gets so dense that the water has kind of a hard time getting through and drains out of the sides. I’m in coco and 2 of the pots drain moderately slowly but the 3rd one drains right through. I’ve taken to watering more slowly and right at the center of the pot.

3 Likes

Thank you all. @Ron330 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410. I will slow down with the watering and see if that helps. I did notice the soil is pulled away from the sides and I did use the handles so that makes sense. I was going to grab one of those pressurized tanks so I will do that sooner rather than later.

4 Likes

looks like they have you covered @AnneBonny i also leave a small ridge around the outside of medium.
myself i water 4 cups at a time each plant,then start again. gives water time to spread throughout…

3 Likes

Out of likes, but yeah, the roots really hinder water absorption, just slow the rate down, and water again. And sometimes again. @AnneBonny

3 Likes