Ahoy Mates! Climb aboard and sail along on Anne Bonny’s first indoor grow. 🏴‍☠️

I have had more success with scraping the end of clones and splitting the very end before dipping it into root stim before putting them into basic potting soil. Lots of misting for watering the next 7-10 days after that.

I was under the impression that the way you are doing it, with rock wool (sounds like a Cervantes method) is the way to go. I hope it works out and look forward to seeing your success. :anchor:

3 Likes

That box is a good idea. I was looking to build something similar to this since i have rather a lot of that reflective material.i can’t wait to see how well it works out for you.

1 Like

nice, yankee ingenuity at its best.

2 Likes

UPDATE 10.15.17

Happy Sunday garden peeps.

So today is the day I am planning to flip to 12/12. I figure when lights go out tonight I will change the timer. However, when I was checking the plants over I noticed some tiny, tiny brown tips on some of the leaves of the Blue Dream. The Grapefruit doesn’t have any. I am also seeing that the BD is drinking much more than the GF. I think I am going to have to water/feed her 2 times what I do the grapefruit.

I don’t know that there is really a problem but I figure since I see it on a couple of tips I need to ask to be sure. Especially since I still don’t really understand the meaning of the PPM readings. Last feeding of FF nutes was on 10/7 which was 2 tsp each of big bloom and grow big. I actually thought I had fed full strength for week 5-6 (since I don’t really know how old she is) but my eyes must have dropped a row because I should have done 3 tsp of Big bloom instead of 2. PH in was 6.5 and out was 6.2. PPM’s in 804 and out was 1590.

I only watered on 10/12 but I did test the PPMs. It was 123 in and 492 out. Ph in and out were both 6.6

Should the PPM’s be higher or lower in the run off? I really seem to have a mental block with understanding this for some reason.

Here is the first tip I noticed:

I will do a ticket to be on the safe side:

Strain; Type, Bag seed, ILGM… name of strain: Blue Dream
Age from Sprout: She is a clone that I got on 9/10 - don’t know age of mom
Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco / Brand and type of Soil & Size of Pots: Soil in 5 gallon fabric pots with FFHF
How often do you water and how do you determine when to do so? Was only every 5-7 days when pots felt light and soil was dry. Just had to water this one about half way through that cycle this week
PH of water and runoff or solution in reservoir: Last feeding was 6.5 in and 6.2 out. Last water only was 6.6 in and out
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: -PPMs were 804 in and 1590 out - I think that’s what strength means
Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
Light system, size and height from plants: Roleadro 400W COB Full Spectrum - 16-18 inches
Temps; Day, Night: 72 day, 75 night
Humidity; Day, Night: 53-65 flux
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: TopoLite 4" Inline Fan Carbon Filter
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Humidifier
Co2; Yes, No: no

Here is the second photo:

Should I be concerned? Thanks for any input.

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger @Myfriendis410 @WillyJ @BIGE @Patsbasement @DoomSack @Ragnar @Hogmaster

5 Likes

and @MattyBear @Nug-bug @M4ur @arpeggio @Sharkslayer @Majiktoker @Jmesser80 @Oldstoner @NTMAREMACH @MBgrower

2 Likes

and @Rugar89 @FreakyDeekie @Manny_FTGUTube @70sChick @Buck3 @MindlessCorpse @Immortalized

4 Likes

So, there’s going to be a change in your nutrient program when you flip, usually prefaced by a flush. Those leaves could be simply old and beat up or a bit of nute burn. The tds out to me says flush before any nutrient change. Just my humble opine lol.

Pretty green plants mom! @AnneBonny

5 Likes

I’m still on my first grow, but I’m pretty sure I gave mine too much nitrogen and that’s what they ended up looking like. Just my experience what little there is. A more experienced grow member will come along with probably a better idea than myself. @AnneBonny

2 Likes

Do I need to flush before I flip to 12/12 @Myfriendis410 or just before I feed again?

2 Likes

Slight nutrient burn probably can go without a feeding in the next watering but it minor just watch ppm. I wouldn’t worry about it too much at least you know your limit for that strain in the amount of nutrient uptake.

Higher ppm out suggest a nutrient build up in the soil since it drinking more water then it is up-taking nutrients from it.

4 Likes

@AnneBonny
I am with you on the ppm learning curve… I don’t know what I am doing and not really sure I need to know… maybe I will stay blissfully ignorant!
Not sure the brown tips are a big worry, let the experts chime in.
I enjoy your journal. Did you hear that i found a medium sized toad in the dirt, in my tent? WTF?

7 Likes

With the high values out, I would just to be safe. FF recommends 3 flushes during the grow and one is just before the flip.

3 Likes

I hadn’t heard that. That’s pretty funny though…I wonder how he got there. :frog:

4 Likes

That better then finding a giant spider the size of your hand in your grow room… Had the pleasant experience of.
Maybe the toad was in the water and grew up hahah

3 Likes

Enjoy the ride cuz it’s a lot of fun.
I must tell you it is amazing to smoke your own product.

3 Likes

Ok, I will delay the flip to 12/12 and tomorrow after work will take a trip to the hydro store for sledgehammer. Since I just watered on Thursday do I wait to flush until they would be ready for water again or does that not matter? My gut says wait until they are ready for water again.

3 Likes

Mine live in a constant state of boarder line nute burn I’m always tickling the feet of over feeding once flower starts

9 Likes

@AnneBonny. I’m sorry I’m not much help on the type of nutes you use. But the very small amount of nute burn isn’t imho a big deal… I’ve done it on mine, i just backed off the nutrients a bit the next feeding.

I hope someone with more experience can pop in and help with the flush questions… @Hogmaster @Donaldj @bob31

3 Likes

I would not be worried at this point since you switching to flower, I assume you will go easier on N, the dark green leaves signal a little too much N , but no big deal…
Anyway, some of the indoor gurus here will sure advise what you should do…
I grow very low maintenance and as little time into as I can, so I dont deal with any minor issues at all…

It is very hard to kill MJ plant :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

@AnneBonny it is better to wait until the next time you water to do a flush. Less stressful, and less chances of suffocating root structures.

4 Likes