After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

@bob31 I have to disagree with your thoughts on the domes. It is very critical to the seedlings life, you should have vents in the dome. Through photosynthesis the plant “exhales” off oxygen and it needs co2 to complete the process. It is a living thing. It could die because of too much oxygen, well it won’t but you get what I’m saying. How can it “grow” ??

Because it “inhales” co2. So if you have a sealed dome, I would suggest you “breath” into the dome and place it over the plant. :rofl: Yes it’s the opposite of how we breath as humans! It needs to breath too!! The circle of life buddy. And then the only time you should lift the dome off is when you mist the plant and or dome, whatever your case is. In your case @Kcdaniels I wouldn’t get the leaves wet, I would spray the inside of the dome. If your light intensity were too much, water on the leaves will magnify and burn the leaf as it dries off, leaving “dots” on them.

Ok so I said “inhale and exhale” as a plants form of breathing. It’s an analogy to describe what my thoughts were. I do not know the scientific terms for a plants process of photosynthesis.

Take it or leave it as you wish. I’m just trying to get his plants to start growing. :+1::+1::wink:

1 Like

In a sense your suffocating the plant, without a vented dome.

1 Like

I agree a vented dome would be best but if he lifts dome off as @bob31 stated he’ll be ok @AmnesiaHaze

2 Likes

I use domes all of the time and I have never put holes in them or suffocated any plants. I don’t force anyone to do anything. I just offer my input. Growing isn’t always so black and white and there are always other ways to get the job done. @AmnesiaHaze

My advice is based upon my own experience and commonly accepted practices and far from mediocre.

6 Likes

Yes I agree too, it’s not going to kill anything but I just have OCD and I thrive for nothing but the best for everyone!
@Countryboyjvd1971
@bob31

Okay! Moving on! :earth_americas:lol I wish to you the best for your grow @Kcdaniels

2 Likes

Hey everyone thank you very much for your help :relaxed:
I really do appreciate you all taking the time to try and help me with the girls :pray:

They are In Promix bx…and the nutrients… I was going by the schedule where it shows for seedlings :relieved:
I mixed up 1/4 teaspoon to a quart ph to 6.3…to soon maybe :confused:

2 Likes

@Kcdaniels

2 Likes

Mines a little different ?

@bob31

1 Like

There got it turned so I can read it.

I’m gonna see if I can find that one online @Kcdaniels

4 Likes

I can’t get that online, I will go out and get mine out of the box tomorrow and run it through the scanner for future reference. @Kcdaniels

Are those measure per gallon?

2 Likes

@bob31 yes those measurements are in gallons…1 teaspoon to a gallon…

1 Like

They definitely look better @Kcdaniels I bet most of the action is happening below the soil (or non-soil) in your roots. Keeping my fingers crossed for these 2.

1 Like

Update 12-7-17 Day 24 from sproutwidow
Well the girls don’t look as good as they did a few days ago :mask:
I watered with ph 6.3 yesterday no nutrients…

Thinking I might germinate two more seeds and see how they do…it’s been 24 days and the look like they just sprouted :relaxed:
I don’t want to give up on the girls but…:confused:

@bob31 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Ron330 @SmoknGranny @Countryboyjvd1971 @Sirsmokes @AmnesiaHaze

2 Likes

They really should be a lot larger than that. I would probably do the same @Kcdaniels

4 Likes

@bob31 do you think I should use the Promix when the new seeds sprout instead of using a seeding soil ?

Man it’s tough when things just don’t work out. @Kcdaniels

1 Like

@Covertgrower well I’ll keep them in the pots but going to start a few more WWA tonight and see what happens :sunglasses:

3 Likes

If you start in promix I would say keep them in that as well. Is that the plan? @Kcdaniels

2 Likes

@bob31 yes the plan is to keep the girls in their pots in the Promix and I’m going to drop two WWA seeds in water tonight …then when they sprout plant them directly into Promix …

3 Likes

I’m already set to watching! Let er rip. Tomorrow I will take a pic of a plant I have in my grow room. I said I was gonna cull it 2 months ago, but I kept hoping… If I didn’t have her sister plant going I would have shutdown 2 months ago, lol. Only a side by side pic will do them justice! @Kcdaniels

1 Like