After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

Fingers crossed. I’m sending positive thoughts to the girls :hugs:

1 Like

@dbrn32 yes one teaspoon for two quarts…was that to much ?:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

The recipe I had called for 1 per gallon, in which case you would have reduced water without reducing nutes. Based on misting, you’re fine.

Do you have an air pump and stone?

1 Like

Did you use that to water in the layers of soil as well? @Kcdaniels

I think we both agreed that 1tsp per gallon would b sufficient.

1 Like

@dbrn32 I was going by the back of the bottle …it called for 1 to 2 teaspoons per gallon :relieved:

No i dont have a pump or air stone…for airation (sp) ?

@bob31 no I used ph 6.0 water…should i have used the mix ?

Hey guys how do I do the “quote” where you high light it and use it in another post

This depends on if your using a phone or computer. For an iPhone just copy it, and there should be a grey quote box below that. @Kcdaniels

1 Like

Process is the same for laptop/computer. @Kcdaniels

2 Likes

I believe those are what is considered for normal feeding. You’re not exactly doing a normal feed at this point. I wouldn’t sweat it too much. In the future I would follow the provided schedule rather than anything else though.

Don’t worry about the pump and air stone either. If you had one, I was going to suggest throwing it in and bubbling the rest of your nutrient solution. The organic nutes seem to keep a little better that way.

1 Like

I guess I should’ve been a little more clear too, it will help you understand better in the future.

By the label markings, they probably mean 1 tsp for certain portion of the grow, and 2 tsp for other portions. Not you decide between 1 or 2. If every bottle had a marking like that and you went with the higher number you would most likely create a toxic level within your media. Only using the two, and giving it minimal amount, shouldn’t turn into an issue on this occasion.

It’s much like following the schedule, but wanting to add additional nutes too it. Let’s say you wanted to add some mammoth p and silica. The schedule will spell out doses that will get you to recommended ppm levels. If you have 2 or 3 items you want to add on top of that, adding them all at full strength would likely drive your ppm through the roof and possibly cause unwanted problems. To combat that, you can feed the additional items at a reduced strength, and then maybe reduce some of the levels from the schedule. At this point, getting into the neighborhood of proper ppm will usually take precedence over following schedule as letter of the law.

Plenty of people run nutes other than recommended too, so it’s not to say you can’t. But that’s more based on strain knowledge and reading the plants. Until you have that kind of experience, the schedules will be your friend.

2 Likes

Gotcha :relaxed: that explains the label on the bottle and then on the grow schedule showing different amounts :relaxed:

All this nutrients stuff is a big learning curve for me :relaxed:

So I think I should water down what’s left the mix…man I hope I didn’t mess up :angry:

@dbrn32

1 Like

I probably would. I’m not entirely sure how often and how much water they are suppose to get in the pro mix at this point. Or how long the nectar line will stay active in the water. That’s why I asked about the air pump. If you bubble it, it will stay good for few days. I actually bubble my earth juice solution overnight on purpose, then ph, then feed. Seems to get all the organisms going, and the ph comes closer back into range.

I wouldn’t worry about it right now, but if you end up liking the notg line, perhaps it may be something worth looking into further down the line.

1 Like

Transplant Update 11-29-17

Well so far so good the girls are still kicking :grinning: it’s been 24hours :mask:

Today I added water to the NOG (Zeus Juice and SFL-100) to bring it back in line with the nutrient schedule :+1: and did a light mist on them…

Also bought a air pump with air stones to put in the mix and my bucket of tap water…thanks for the heads up @dbrn32 :+1:

@bob31 @Myfriendis410 @SmoknGranny @RookieReefer @Ron330 @AnneBonny @Covertgrower @Countryboyjvd1971
@BIGE

9 Likes

Nice!

Watch the ph levels after running the air pump. It will change them some. I don’t ph until I’m ready to feed personally. But it seems a lot of people ph, then bubble, then check/adjust ph again. I’m not sure of the benefits of doing it that way. But I figure the way I use keeps me from adjusting it one way, and then having to go back and adjust it the other way.

Edit… you can also use that pump to speed up the process of evaporating chlorine.

5 Likes

Transplant Day 3
Well looks like the girls are still with us☺

I continue to mist and I did a light watering with the Zeus Juice and SLF -100…when the lights are out…

Maybe it’s just me but they look like they are going to make it ??:relieved:

Still have my light turn down to about 50% and about 26" from the tops. …

Any opinions on anything else I should be doing for them ??

@bob31 @Covertgrower @Myfriendis410 @Ron330 @SmoknGranny @dbrn32 @

They are certainly hanging in there @Kcdaniels Any signs of new growth?

1 Like

Single picture so you can zoom

if any of the leaves are touching the soil, pull the soil back so they don’t touch. other than that… Not much else to do at this point.

4 Likes