After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

Promix soilless? Next time just start them in that. Good stuff.

3 Likes

Which Promix do you have?

Let’s do this before we fool with the water pH.

Do another slurry test only use 7.0 ph water and lets see what you get. @Kcdaniels

@Myfriendis410

IMO soil with a pH of 4.9 is not going to work for growing MJ. I know they are stressed and undersized, but I think they are going to get drastically worse if we fool with the pH. I think transplanting into promix is the answer. I’m not quite ready to say do this, but lets wait for the second slurry test.

4 Likes

@bob31

Going to do the slurry test now with 7.0 :relaxed:

2 Likes

That is a good soiless mix! @Kcdaniels BX is the good stuff.

Pro-Mix BX

Ingredients:
Canadian Sphagnum peat moss (75-85% by volume)
Perlite.
Vermiculite.
Dolomitic & Calcitic limestone (pH adjuster)
Wetting agent.
Mycorrhizae.
Biofungicide.

1 Like

@bob31 ok here is the results…

Black Gold slurry with 7.0 ph water…5.4

Black Gold slurry with 8.0 water…5.6

Promix slurry with 6.0 water…6.4

1 Like

My inclination is to transplant into the Pro-Mix BX. Are you ok if we hold off a bit till I get some back up? @Kcdaniels

So until you got the meter you were watering with water from the tap? What pH is your tap water?

@Donaldj would you review this one for me. I’m on the fence as to the best course of action.

3 Likes

@bob31 you bet :raised_hands: :relaxed:

Calling in the big dogs…:grin:

2 Likes

I added this after you replied so Im moving it down.

1 Like

@bob31. No I have been using distilled water…

That was my thinking too: transplant into promix.

1 Like

@Myfriendis410 that’s the direction I am thinking :confused:

I don’t want to lose the girls but two weeks in and they aren’t happy :mask:

You know it’s kind of funny that I do months of research thinking I’ve got this down and still can’t get out of the gate :joy: :joy:

4 Likes

Just don’t give up :slightly_smiling_face:. I’m doing my research now and I’m sure I’m going to make mistakes but I will learn from them. Hang in there :hugs:

1 Like

@SmoknGranny. Thanks for the words of encouragement :v:

But I’m stubborn as all get out…I do not quit :muscle: :relaxed: lol

2 Likes

So if it was legit distilled water you were already giving it ph 7 and thats how they look? Watering with a higher pH is not the answer.

Transplanting is @Kcdaniels

4 Likes

My first coco grow I expected to ph 1 gallon of water and use it over several weeks. Uh, no! The ph was off on my starts and they were very slow. Once I figured that out they took off,

4 Likes

Thst is why you wait for these guys @Kcdaniels. I read as you had been watering at 6.0. In which case I would’ve thought a ph change was in order.

2 Likes

Ok guys transplant it is :mask:

So should I do anything special to the Promix before I use it ?

I am going to put them in the 3gallon soft pots…

@bob31 @dbrn32 @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

nope but… I want you to loose as much of that old grow medium as you can. Don’t bare the roots but when you go to move them into the 3 gallon pot let as much of that old stuff go as you can. Follow what i am saying? @Kcdaniels

And be gentle. lol

Fill up the soft pots with pro mix and use a dixie cup the same size as the ones they are currently in and make that a template to put them into.

I have a pic if you need one?

Or easier just look at them here

4 Likes

@bob31 I got it thanks…I do the surgery tomorrow. :mask::scream:
And I promise I’ll be gentle :relaxed:
Should I water them good or just lighty mist ?

Thank you all for all the help !

I know I’m being a pain in the arse but I will try to get these girls back on the straight and narrow :innocent:

1 Like

Can I tell you? You are not being a pain in the arse. Id rather do all this than getting a post that says… theyre dead… @Kcdaniels

I think the 3 gallon pots should be watered in some as you add the layers in. When you transplant try to get a quick peak at what they have for roots. Anything more than a tap and they should be ok for watering some. But yes for like the next 48 hours after transplant I would mist them good.

They may go through a little transplant shock for a couple of days but then they will start looking like a million bucks!

How do you like the new meter?

5 Likes