After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

@Kcdaniels I’m sorry to hear about your family. We all are human 1st, no need to apologize

2 Likes

And don’t forget that they can grow on their own for a while…

3 Likes

Hi guys and gals…first I would like to say Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers…I know I haven’t been here long but I feel like it’s a family environment and a special place…

Ok…as @bob31 suggested I did a slurry test and this is what I came up with…
Miss Shellhead finally shed her shell😀 but both look under develope…

@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @SmoknGranny @AnneBonny @Tylan @Sirsmokes @Ron330 @Countryboyjvd1971 @BIGE @

5 Likes

I had just taken the domes off in this picture that’s why the humidity is high…I have the domes off now and humidity is around 60% and temperature is 76 to82

4 Likes

The pH is a little lower that I expected. I’d go with 6.0 water in and check the runoff ph when the time comes. They are too small now. There doesn’t apper to be any nutrients in that Growing Medium either, if you are going to continue in that the will need nutrients soon! @Kcdaniels

2 Likes

@bob31 should I have just started the seeds in the promix at this point I’m at a loss…I thought I had this down😕

1 Like

What height do you have the light, and dimmer setting?

1 Like

@dbrn32 light at 24" above the seedings. …Light turned down to about 40percent

You should be pretty good right there for now. The plants aren’t showing any indication otherwise. They look a little lower in cups due to the soil level, but that shouldn’t be a big deal. I was just wondering if maybe there is some shadowing from the sides of cups.

Seeing them spout than stall a little is normal. Typically the roots will kind of do their thing, and then you will see the plant start to take off. I would proceed as @bob31 directed, and see if you can get an idea of what’s going on with the roots. If everything seems to be in order there, you can try increasing your light intensity a little.

1 Like

@bob31 @dbrn32. Maybe try and take a teaspoon of soil right from the seedings cup and do a slurry test from that ?
The only water I have used is distilled…

1 Like

Whats the pH of the distilled? @Kcdaniels I will tell you that it should be 7. Which is way too high, You want to be in the 6 - 5.6 range

Generally in soiless when we see the low pH like that we add some dolomite lime to the mix to bring it up some and that seems to help. But lacking that you go in with a slightly higher ph that the recommended and that usually brings us the runoff a notch as well.

1 Like

@bob31 just checked its shows 5.66…I’m not convinced my ph meter is accurate…I had trouble geting it calibrated …when I put the meter in water it continues to move up or down for a minute or two…is this normal ?

If the water is stable it shouldn’t move too much. Mine takes about 30 seconds to stabalize
I do know that my tap water has been consistently 7.2 from the tap and if I get anything other than that I check it.
Temps of the water can affect the pH as well.

If you have the test fluid I would double check your meter? @Kcdaniels

2 Likes

@bob31 I have some 7.0 test fluid being delivered today…I had used the test fluid up that came with the meter…

1 Like

distilled is supposed to be pH neutral at 7.0 There could be other reasons for that reading, like that is really the pH of that particular water, but that seems really low to me for distilled. I have checked a couple of bottles over the years and found it was 6.9 to 7.1

2 Likes

excellent. Keep us posted!

1 Like

@bob31 just checked my tap water…reading 7.77

I think in my future grows one of the first things I will do is do a slurry test on any soil to be used then there is no surprise :confused:

1 Like

is it municipal water?

If so do an internet search for the name of municipal water district and water quality report

ie Boston municipal water report and the pH should be listed

2 Likes

@bob31 yes I live in a community where we have our own water plant…I also have a whole house carbon filter as we are one of the first in line and the chlorine was pretty bad…
I have a feeling it’s the meter…