After 40 years I'm going to start a indoor grow

@Kcdaniels I also emphasize the use of a heater mat. I even used it on my clones to get things started. You’re doing a great job so far though!

2 Likes

@Covertgrower well I could but a heating mat under them…
I guess it’s the soil that colder than the tops of the seeding ?

It’s funny I was more worried that it was going to be too hot for them… I mean it is the Sunshine State☺

3 Likes

Good catch! Thought never even crossed my mind.

4 Likes

Follow @Hogmaster advice as he has experience with peat based soil less mixes. @Countryboyjvd1971 uses Promix so could have something to say. Ph for your watering is higher than coco but slightly less than soil.

2 Likes

yep, only because I worked with someone else awhile back that was using this and I couldn’t remember. i think I am going to make a list of growing mediums and their components for future reference. It’s on my “to do” list anyway, lol

@Kcdaniels The safest way to proceed is to do a slurry test. Get an ounce of that medium into a cup with an ounce of 6.5 ph water and let it setup for 15-30 minutes and see what the pH. It has lime so that is the best way to be sure of the pH.

5 Likes

That poor Shelley she’s getting a bad wrap. I bet she turns out to be a beauty. Hang in there @Kcdaniels you’ll get it dialed in.

7 Likes

@dbrn32 @Myfriendis410 @bob31 @AnneBonny thanks guys for trying to keep me in line :grinning:
Will do the slurry test tomorrow and see what’s what…
Been a little too busy here the last week…have a family member in Hospice so right after work hours drive there then try to stay 4 to 5 hours then drive home😢 it’s been a emotional Roller coaster…
Thanks again

3 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that, seems to be way too much of that going on lately! We’ll keep you in our thoughts and prayers brother.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear about your family member @Kcdaniels those can be difficult times. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. That is way more important than anything we are doing here.

2 Likes

Thank you guys very much…we just got the call this morning that my family member passed early this morning…

1 Like

My condolences to you and your family @Kcdaniels

2 Likes

Take time to take care of yourself too. My condolences.

2 Likes

@Kcdaniels you have my condolences brother hope things get better

2 Likes

My heartfelt condolences for you and your family. I’m so sorry about your loss and have you in my prayers

2 Likes

My sincere condolences @Kcdaniels. :worried:

2 Likes

Thinking of you and your family @Kcdaniels. So very sorry for your loss.

1 Like

@dbrn32 @bob31 @Myfriendis410 @Sirsmokes @SmoknGranny @Tylan @AnneBonny

Guys just want to say thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
I know I’m emotional right now but reading your post brought tears …in this crazy world it’s great to know there are still so many good and caring people…over the years I have been a member of several forums…motorcycle…bow making…hunting…and so on…but the short time I’ve been here has shown me that this forum is indeed a special place with special people…
I’m sorry for such a downer post …and will get back to growing in a while…

7 Likes

You’re very welcome. This outpouring of care is what I experienced and still experiencing since August. I think we all know that LIFE happens for each & everyone of us. And that becomes a major focus while still trying to grow. Particularly family. So no worries about here okay? Sending you a BIG Cyber :hugs:

6 Likes

Sorry for your loss, condolences

3 Likes

Sorry for your loss. My condolences. @Kcdaniels

2 Likes