AF not making buds

First time grower. I bought 3 Northern Lights Auto from ILGM. Planted one and it sprouted first week of April. Now in week 12 from sprout. I thought it would be harvest by now. Instead, I started to see a few white hairs 3 weeks ago (week 9), and since then I am seeing white hairs in a few more locations along the stems but at each location there are only a couple of hairs. I am not seeing the explosion of hairs I expected to see. Has been on 18/6 lighting. Would it help to switch to 12/12 at this point?
Is it normal for it to take this long to start making buds? This is an auto-flower. Another thing is that its outgrowing my small box, the plant is now 4 ft tall. This beginner is confused. Thanks for any help.

2 Likes

@latewood @Ragnar @garrigan62 One of these guys may be able to help you out. Indoor autos are way out of my league

@cc

your fine they flower when there ready. And it sounds like she is ready my Northern Light got tall as we and my White Widow got tall as well. But when they did go into full flower they didn’t stretch so hopefully you’ll be ok

Will

1 Like

Thank you both.
garrigan62, if you don’t mind a question or two - isn’t 3 weeks too long to just see some pistils without them seeming to grow in number? And, would you suggest to stay on 18/6 and not switch to 12/12?

@cc

I don’t mind you asking…you ask anytime you want…ok?

1.) No 3 …weeks is fine You see it’s their genetics for both of them

2.) Stay with 18/6 or if you must go 10/14

Will

1 Like

@cc I agree with @garrigan62 Autos don’t require a significant amount of light it could flower at even 18/6 that’s the whole purpose of(auto flower) you’ll be good just sometimes it takes a few longer then expected at all. If need be go to 10/14.

@cc and @Stoner_Cody420

You can also grow Feminized Seeds right along side of your Auto’s and when it comes time to flip your lights to 12/12 it will not effect your Auto’s one bit …now that’s way cool!

@CC

i’m going to add you to my journal on Auto Flowering Plants…come on over and check it out

Will

Thanks to you Stoner_Cody420 and garrigan62. I will continue on and hope for the best.

1 Like