Aeroponics Gold Leaf First Grow

Nice job! How was the ratio of grams per watt this run on the qb’s?

1 Like

I had a feeling you where going to ask that question. lol

So my goal was 1 GPW and this grow came in at 0.61 GPW a little less than expected. If I recall correctly my last grow was 0.75 GPW.

The contributing factors to the low yield where. 1. Two plants where experimental foggers, 2. Four plants where not SCROGed, 3. Root Rot problems in the middle of flower, and probably the biggest factor was my veg time which was only 6 weeks compared to 10 weeks on the first grow. There was a big difference in the bud size. First grow the top buds where all over 1 gram each, with the average size being 1.5 to 2.5 grams or bigger. My biggest bud was 5 grams dry. This grow the buds where much smaller averaging 0.75 to 1.0 grams. Also I didn’t clean up a lot of the popcorn buds and just let them grow, so I had a lot of those.
But the quality of the weed is A1, as you can tell by the trichomes, so no complaints there.

Every grow I learn something new and apply the thing I need to improve on to the next grow.

So for the next grow I will veg longer, min 8 weeks, also reduce the 4 plant aero system to a 2 plant and SCROG.
Adjust on -off times for my misters to prevent root rot.
Clean up more of the popcorn buds to allow all the energy to the top buds.

Other improvements will be- Switching to PH Perfect Advanced Nutes for my Aeroponics grow.
I also will be switching to a Coco grow for 2 plants using my sample pack of NOTG for that grow.

Whew, thats a lot of typing. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
:sunglasses:
@dbrn32 @Donaldj

7 Likes

Most of your adjustments are about where I would start too though now I have an extractor I tend to fuss less about popcorn buds being removed. They add to my oil and shatter runs, The longer veg will be where you see biggest gains and mist timer adjustments

4 Likes

That is what I am using my popcorn buds for OIL. I need to make 60 grams of oil for the Rick Simpson cancer treatment. Can you give me an estimate on how many ounces that will take to make that much oil? I’m sure I have enough, just curious @Donaldj
I will be using the alcohol extraction method as described in his video.

2 Likes

lol I make BHO sadly which is completely different animal and average close to 15-20% return depending on grade of source material. I wouldn’t see RSO being any lower likely a slightly higher return in that bho often dewaxes in my column and doesn’t get same soak time I also don’t second run my material which likely would produce more

4 Likes

@Donaldj So close to 11 oz. Wow thats a lot. Hopefully all the long trichomes in this last grow will help out in the oil yields

When I am making BHO I am aiming for clear low wax product Shatter my last run came out so clean and low in wax that it powdered at 50f when scraping off silicone mat and looked like taffy once warmed :wink: However that was due to my weather was able to super cool material and column at minus 33f by simply letting it sit outside for an hour lmao then I ran butane through recovered little over half the butane since it didn’t want to boil off to recover but the cold column and vessel collected wax.
I didn’t empty column so may rerun just to see how much was missed on first run

3 Likes

WOW! @Donaldj You are way out of my league. I’m just hoping to make enough quality oil for one treatment for my cancer

You ingest RSO for your treatment shatter is just as my friends call it hippy crack less CBD terpins and wax pretty much pure THC
RSO extracts all of it rather than a flash flood rinse which BHO is RSO is a soak and rinse process frozen material soaked in subzero alcohol agitated/washed drained lather rinse repeat. It strips almost everything then is filtered and boiled off at low temp resulting in an actual oil product more than a butter shatter or wax which can be consumed via ingestion

1 Like

@Hogmaster may have another method of extracting oil using coconut oil which may work but has less clinical studies than RSO though since it involves decarb a longer processing time it’s returns are greater than either method and results are promissing :wink:

3 Likes

Hey max just wanted to know if you’d share the info on the foggers?
I’m trying to come up with a system to work with my out of town work schedule.
Was it the constant fogging that led to the root rot? Or was it the roots sitting in the bottom of the res. Can’t remember if you had bubbles in the bottom
@MAXHeadRoom

Ya, yield definitely isn’t everything. And if you don’t try different methods you really don’t know what will work best for you, so no harm there. I was just curious really, and based on what you’re working with that’s still a really good harvest. Congrats my man!

1 Like

Yes friend, I’m out sadly and it’s very hard for me to stay focused on everything, the problem is that I want to drink again :rage: and it’s not good for me but I hope I will be able to stay away from alcohol :frowning:
I hope this harvest will help you to get enough oil!
Congrats my friend :+1:

4 Likes

I also had a drinking problem in the past. I am over 7 years sober so I know alcohol is not the answer. Hang in there my friend, better days are coming.
Also Thank You for the encouragement. I have had a few bad pain days in a row and Friday I found out that my tumors are getting bigger and a new one is showing up on the CAT scan. I realized that just eating half a brownie every night isn’t going to work to cure my cancer. But God gave me enough on my last harvest to produce enough oil for one 90 day RSO treatment. So I have to be thankful about.
@M4ur

9 Likes

All the best to you man. I really hope the RSO works for you. Keeping you in my thoughts

3 Likes

Cooking coconut oil and 118° for five days with your material strain it get rid of the material for all of the rest of the way fill with coconut oil and cook it for three more days and 118° knock your socks off I decarb in the same jar I cook it in just a mason jar

2 Likes

I was hoping you would elaborate some on process since I didn’t take notes during Podcast and figured since you had made a batch you would have the steps written somewhere?

1 Like

I can read through the lines but more info would be nice.
How much material?
How much coconut oil?
How long to decarb and what temp?
@Hogmaster @Donaldj

1 Like

@MAXHeadRoom 56 mins 35 sec here you go my friend

7 Likes

That was a long podcast I wasn’t expecting call so was winging it with the hey give us a topic going my dad and uncle would flip if I got too much into history lmao

4 Likes