How long do you cure for? My first grow I cured for 2 months and just left them in the jars for storage. What a difference in smell!!! A very sweet pleasant aroma. But a little harsh.
The plan for this grow is as follows.
- Flush aero systems with plain water one week before harvest. This should draw out the remaining nutes and prevent the harsh taste. (Do I have to PH this water to 5.8?)
- Harvest before lights come on. This way all of the nutes should be in the roots.
- Trim and hang to dry. Last grow I wet trimmed all the buds and it seemed to work well. But I have read that allowing the plant to dry with the sugar leaves on turns your chlorophyll into sugars so I will try it that way. Anyway my house is so dry (30%RH) that I need more plant matter for them to dry slower.
- After the exterior of the bud is dry (crunchy to the touch) then finish trimming and put in jars for curing.
- Cure for at least one month opening jars twice a day and exchanging the air.
- Smoke and enjoy the fruits of my labor.
If there is anything I missed or an extra tip or two, I’m all ears