3 Babies in the Bush...1st grow...waiting for Veg šŸ˜„

Its about over half litre over gallon

@Ragnar
thanks. Hey I donā€™t have much light on my window sil so while the seeds are in pot waiting to come up should they be outside or under light?

@Ragnar
hot soil? what do you mean?

@Sunflower
You got whole grow ahead, there is going to be many more questions and we here will happily guide you through, but you really need to start your own grow journal so we can follow you on itā€¦

Anyway, hot soil means there are nutes in itā€¦
Get seedling starter soil or flush your soil a few times if you got miracle grow or any prefertilized brandā€¦
Good luck and tag me on your journal I will come along as well as a lot others :grinning:

@Sunflower they will be fine on a window sill!

Donā€™t let the soil dry out but donā€™t make it to wet either. They need moist soil and some drying is good too.

Are you going to grow them outdoors, ultimately?

2 Likes

soils with fertilizer in them. Lotā€™s of brands put fertilizer right in the soil and they can be a little tricky to grow in!

1 Like

You got this, I was little overwhelmed last night :wink::wink:

Ok brother, sounds good.

1 Like

@bob31
Yes growing outside ultimately. I have had all 8 of 8 seeds spout. Australian bush bud seeds. All are now in a 1 gallon pot with tomato / herb / vegie soil. I have just put them outside in a shady position. it is the first month of spring here. Would that be better than a window sil? As itā€™s warmer?

1 Like

@Sunflower as long as they arenā€™t getting too much direct sunlight, they will be fine! Glad to hear they all sprouted! Pics are great!

I am going to move this to the grow journals and modify the name slightly! @Sunflower All your links etc will follow it fine.

1 Like

@bob31
Thank you! I found my grow journal :slight_smile: Is there a way that I I can change the name so itā€™s a bit more relevant?

Needing advice on plants with first set of true leaves :smiley:
Hi there. So these are my babiesā€¦ 6 of the 8 are up now. I have them all in one 1 gallon (really 4.5L) pot on a window sil. Theyā€™ll be outdoors and Iā€™m wondering when is it that they begin needing the direct sun? When do I put them into their separate pots?
My first go at succeeding in getting plants growing and I donā€™t want to mess it upā€¦all advice will be greatly appreciated :smiley:

How do you upload a photo?

Sure, scroll all the way too the top and right next to the name is a pencil. Click on it and change it to anything you want. or tell me what you want and I will fix it for you.

On a laptop there is an upload button. Click reply and then there is a toolbar across the edit window. 7th from the right or you can drag and drop.

From a smartphone when you click reply there is the word upload in the lower right corner. Click on that to upload.

That is not a good thing having them all sprout in the same pot. Their roots will begin to become intertwined in a very short period of time.

Generally we sprout them separately and then dome them up to keep the humidity high and the temps need to be warm. they will benefit from aux lighting or they will very quickly stretch for the light!

@Sunflower

1 Like

@bob31
Thanks man. When do i need to put them in their final outdoor grow spot ? Assuming i get them into separate pots successfully. But either way, i have more seeds and the weather is warming uphere for spring. When do they needs their hrs of sunlight and how many hrs are optimal and whatā€™s the bare minimum?

1 Like

well those are all good questions @Sunflower

Generally we want to transplant once the plants are a good size based on their container. Iā€™m not sure since they are all in the same container?

For growing they will need more than 12 hours of daylight.

When you transplant I would recommend they go into pots that hold 18 liters of soil or more.

How far apart are the plants @Sunflower

@bob31
@Wishingilivedina420state
@Ragnar
@WillyJ
@Countryboyjvd1971
@M4ur
@ anyone reallyā€¦
Ok this what Iā€™ve doneā€¦what do people think?
I separated all my first lot of seedlings into 1 gallon pots each. Theyā€™re each about an inch tall with one set of leaves and the original oval ones that come out of the seed. ( was very careful when taking them all from the same pot into separate pots, then i sprayed with Seasol ( kelp fertiliser) to help with transplant shock and all 8 survived perfectly. The seeds are an Aussie bushbud strain from a friend)
I have scarce sunlight and too many neighbours to leave them at home so what i did was take them in their separate pots to grow spot. And covered with garden mesh.
My questions areā€¦were they ready to go outside this small into the wind and rain etc. will they be too wet if it rains in pots?
Iā€™m in Australia so itā€™s a few weeks into Spring. Sumny and warm with a few days rain coming.
What do people think? Did I get this right? Any advice would be appreciatedā€¦Iā€™m a little lost but all my 12 seeds sprouted so thatā€™s a great start :smiley:

@bob31ā€¦ thanks, I followed your instructions about posting photos but from a Smartphone when i press ā€˜uploadā€™ it doesnā€™t give me any options to post photos. It says paste and drag but that doesnā€™t work either. Iā€™ll try from a laptop when i can but Iā€™m always on my smartphone here

2 Likes

That small a good rain could drown them never mind the beaten they will takeā€¦maybe you can make a little lean too to protect them some from the rain and sun probably best they get sun for only part of the day till they get bigger and used to being out there and can deal with the elementsā€¦maybe something out of sticks and brush so itā€™s camouflaged @Sunflower

1 Like