Additives and sugars with my base nuits help

So I’d like some help on helpful additives to maximize frost flavor and thc and density of my buds so right now I’m about 3 weeks into veg with 10 random bag seed in 7 gal pots of FFOF and my base nuits are AN micro grow bloom. Perfect ph with a mad farmer “be one” and calmag+ but I was wondering what would go well with the base nuits I have to bring out the flavor terps frost and sugars and such for when I flower
@MattyBear @Hogmaster @AmnesiaHaze @Covertgrower if u guys could chime in or tag others that could that’d be great

2 Likes

Ones compatible with your base nutes would be ones like AN Bud Candy, Big Bud and Bud Factor X. Also if you’re looking for frost, the last few weeks of flower, lower your temps 5-10 degrees, and split the stem around 5 days from harvest. Maybe try 48 hours darkness before harvest too.

4 Likes

Not super familiar with an stuff, but what is sulfur content on their stuff? Also heard an users seem to like the bud candy, should function as a carb load for the microbes as well as a sweetener.

The one thing I would suggest is not dropping a ton of cash on supplements all at once. Plenty of people growing fire with base nutes alone. While a lot of supplements can improve your quality and yield, none of them are magic potions and they all need to be used properly.

8 Likes

@Trippy_kidd anything that’s helps microbial activity will help with all of those things. A lot of people add honey, or molasses to their nutrient schedule, it helps with feeding the microbes in the soil. Some of the nutrient lines mentioned, all contain sugurs that essentially have the same goal as feeding the microbes. Healthy microbial activity is the key to success to healthy plants with a great yield. You can purchase microbes to add to the soil to assist in the microbial activity if needed. Most of the time it’s not needed as there’s a good base population at this point.

6 Likes

What @Covertgrower said on point. The bud candy @MattyBear and I mentioned is molasses base I believe.

3 Likes

Be very careful with that hot soil & those nutes. I’m using the same. Ffof is very hot; you shouldn’t need too many added nutes for several weeks.

Voodoo helps, and is just microbes, good to use when transplanting. B-52 is great, as well. I bought some Nirvana to try, but I won’t be using it until wk 3 of bloom.

I’m not a grow expert, but I’ve done 4 grows using AN m/g/b and their supplements. I’ve learned to feed only as your plants need it. I’ve learned this the hard way.

Also, make sure your water isn’t too hard, or whatever nutes you use won’t even matter, b/c eventually your plant won’t be able to use them.

3 Likes

Ive got my plants pretty well tuned and yeah I only nuit maybe every 2 waterings feed water water feed

1 Like

If they’re only 3 weeks in, with ffof, you really don’t need to feed them, at all. Just my half-a-cent. :smiley:

4 Likes

@blizzybetty is absolutely correct: you have everything you need in that soil to carry you through veg. I know it’s tempting to feed them but you are in all likelihood just wasting money.

The best thing you can do for aroma and taste is to properly clear nutrients prior to harvest then drying and curing properly. Too many people get to the end stage and lose it there.

2 Likes

From what I’ve heard that soil is only reccomeneded for 6 weeks use so I’d assume it’s saying after 6 weeks that soil goes cold so as of rn I only nuits every 2-3 watering especially in the 7gals they retain lots of moisture for some while

1 Like

Thanks for tagging me. The only thing I might add that was not posted was the fact that if you get salt build ups in your soil, I would use GH FloraKleen or FF Sledgehammer, or similar product to help flush during middle stages of flowering, and prior to harvest, but again its all on preference, and whether you plant needs it or not.

1 Like

Yes, and at only 3 weeks in, you’re feeding fairly often. Just be on the lookout for nute toxicity or deficiencies caused by lockout due to salt buildup.

I just used the GH FloraKleen b/c I was feeding (very, very lightly) with fresh, hot soil, using AN m/g/b, and my water is hard. Not fun to have your beautiful plants get all brown & yellow during the first week of bloom. Better to nip problems in the bud, so to speak. :grinning:

1 Like

I am with @Myfriendis410 and @blackthumbbetty (regarding risks esp.), I keep nutes on hand but only adjust water and soil pH to 6.5 and only plan to feed when conditions call for it.:writing_hand::man_scientist:

1 Like