Abstinence rituals

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any rituals or guidelines for maximizing THC effect through controlled abstinence. For example, I’m about to harvest my very first crop in a few weeks, and thought I’d stop smoking about the time I hang it up to dry so my body will be “clean” and I can get max effect from the bud when I spark it for the first time. Make sense?

I wonder if folks have schedules, like only at night, or only weekends, that kind of thing. I’ve been on an every day, morning, noon, and night schedule lately, and we all know how that can zap the effect and make you over smoke!

1 Like

If you don’t smoke for 2 weeks your tolerance will go wayy down!
Or a few days if you’re a heavy smoker like myself. If I go 3 days without smoking, then smoke a blunt, I’m as high as when I was a newbie lol! May just be me though.

3 Likes

Get you a bud of cheese , gorilla glue , and some Girl Scout cookies and mix that in a doobie and if that don’t rock your boat put a Dab on it , but giving your body time off from any substance is always good .

2 Likes

If you want to maximize the effects, you need to obstain for 4-6 weeks. This is the amount of time that THC will remain in your body. It’s a fat-soluble compound, which is why it remains in the body for so long. And as long as there is any remaining in your tissues, your body deems it’s presence as normalcy. After all THC has left your body for a couple of weeks, your body will become reaccustomed to operating without the drug. This is when you will get that newbie laughing at the wallpaper high! But that’s too damned long for me, I use medicinally, and feel like hell after a day without.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s kind of strange I used to smoke all the time before I was producing my own medicine but since that time it seems that I don’t smoke as much, not really sure why but just a couple of toaks after a long day working seems to do the trick and supper potent medicine helps… :laughing:

Peace

1 Like

abstinence rituals?.. hmmm… was a daily smoker from the age of about 7 until I joined the military… after leaving the military I smoked occasionally…then quit due to work hassles… My best friend from school moved into town in 1999,…on new years eve there was an Ozzy concert,…and I broke down and smoked… six weeks later I went for a job interview. The boss liked me so much, he gave me a $5 hr raise, a months vacation, and a company truck to go with a promotion…right there in the interview… but I failed the drug test…did not get the job.
That was the last time I smoked. Vowed to never smoke again as long as I have to work for a living.
I no longer have to work for a living.

5 Likes

I can think of worse ways to spend retirement than growing and smoking!

2 Likes

worst part? Just last year we bought a little ranch… in the apparently strictest state in the nation on weed… mandatory minimums all across the board… frustrating.

I don’t stress much about my outside plants, and most are on my 3/4 acre with a good deal of traffic. I keep border areas overgrown and plant in them with plenty of space between plants. You honestly can’t pick them out of the other brush, and wouldn’t notice unless you walked right up to them, and nobody has any business walking where I plant. The authorities rarely use aerial searches any longer because feds cut they funding, and they pretty much look for patches or large grows.

1 Like

It’s been my experience that the vast majority of people caught, are busted for running their mouth about it, or sell. And I’m not telling or selling nothing to nobody

4 Likes

that was kinda my thought too… I have 15 acres and my closest neighbor on one side is 300 yards or so,…the guy on the other side is about 3/4 of a mile down the road…nobody across the street, just cows, lol.
wanted to grow indoors but my ol’lady is trippin.have to guerilla grow on my own dirt, lmao… have a couple areas picked out… not really ideal a far as light goes but should get about 6 hours of direct sun every day…and the coverage is really good… my place has a vegetation border all the way around that runs between 15 ft and80 feet… it is pretty private for the most part… tons of critters though,…squirrels, chipmunks, field mice, along with loads of frogs , lizards, and insects… the pest battle is going to be epic I’m sure… planning to grow indoors for the first month then move them out… gonna be autos… so they should finish right before we start getting cold… the last couple weeks it should be mid to low 50’s over night

1 Like

Just remember to stay far from any utilities. Power, water, gas lines. Crews may randomly be around those things

1 Like

I have a spot… about 100 yards from nearest utility,…and blocked by a grove of trees about half way… even me walking over every day carrying water and such will be blocked from sight…its pretty good,…just does not have all day light…and a bit hard to guard against critters way over there, lol.

Put up a low electric fence. Piss around the area. Hang human hair near the plants. Lots of little ways to fight them, but no guarantees. Damn groundhogs have messed with me this year

1 Like