Absolute novice struggling to find answers

Yea though they do sometimes I do agree good advise

That is a soilless mix, which is fine but your water pH should be more like 5.8

1 Like

Good catch… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Third one this week. One guy flushed his plant with a bunch of gallons trying to raise pH… So I’m keeping my eyes open hate to see others make the same mistake… Teamwork @peachfuzz lol

That’s why I’ve stayed with ilgm… we’re all here to look out for one another and help people succeed… and I know that I don’t know everything and I’ve been at this for awhile… I usually learn something every time I log on… lol :wink:

2 Likes

Are you saying Water PH going in, or runoff water PH?

Both… :wink:
In and out…

1 Like

My runoff water showing 6.8.
Tap water with PUR Filter at 8.1,
Starter mix in bag showing approx 7 ph
Could this be due to lime in mix?
Also, wet mix in bio pot showing approx 7 PH

It is a possibility… water going in , absolutely has to be 5.8… and hopefully runoff is close to that… :wink:

Some of my plants lower leaves are going yellow from the centres, I’m not sure why, pH is about 6.8 so maybe a bit high gave foliar spray of blackstrap molasses and rain water, and light watering of seasol and molasses.
My guess is magnesium?

Tent has been getting too hot, have been trying to find better ways to keep temps down, have made a bit of a silencer for our exhaust fan out of wire and some quilting inner

Thanks for keeping your eyes open for us newbies! I truly appreciate, learning so much in short amount of time.

2 Likes

You’re welcome @GW glad I could help! Keep up the good work. I try to read as many of the posts as I can but if you need help just tag some of us and we will get reminded to check your topic!

2 Likes

@peachfuzz @bob31 I’m struggling to get mix under PH6. if mix already has lime, and I’m adding vinegar to water, what else could I try?
Sharing comment from ILGM hydroponics grow guide Growing Marijuana Hydroponically 2021 Guide - Tips & Tricks!
Pig Squishy on 7 January 2016
Speaking of Citric Acid, according to my college book “Ed Rosenthal’s Marijuana Grower’s Handbook” p-149, citric acid can also be used at the ratio of 1-gram to 75-gallons of water to remove Chloramine from the water as well. So it would seem that using citric acid is just a win-win situation all around.

@GW I’m not sure what your question is?

PH levels
Water in 4.8 ph
Water out 4.5 ph
Soilless Mix (wet) approx pH 6.5
Red Cup transplant day 2

1 Like

Red Cup advice from @peachfuzz was great idea!

2 Likes

m struggling to get mix under PH6. if mix already has lime, and I’m adding vinegar to water, what else could I try?

Now that you’ve modified your cup like that you can grow a big healthy plant without the rush to transplant… these are almost 3 1/2 feet tall and not even close to being root bound… :wink:

3 Likes

You are wrong.

Output wattage is a lumens equivalency. A 500W output LED has the same lumens as a 500W HPS, MH, CFL, etc… . The true wattage is the input, or use, wattage. The new LEDS are exceptionally efficient with a ratio of nearly 8:1 output vs input. I just bought some new LEDs yesterday. I purchased 5 100W (1000 lumens each) e27 warm white bulbs. When all 5 are on the draw is 70W. Cost me $28 for 5000 lumens/500W of LED grow power, pluse $10 for a 1-5 ballast splitter.

Show me anywhere that you can buy a 500W LED for under $40!

3 Likes

Well, see I think the problem is that the ph of the soil was amended by the Lime. So if it is pH adjusted with the lime then you are going to have to go with what the soil is amended to.

At what pH is the soil in it’s current state ? Or when you initially tested it? Is it like 6.5 or so? If so then that is what I would water with, but you will need to watch your runoff ph and check it at every watering as at some point when the lime wears off the pH of the runoff is going to go down to 5.8.

And that is fine as long as you lower the pH of the water going in at the same time. Hope you follow what I’m saying?

2 Likes