One Down Two To Grow

Thanks @bob31 I was going to ask what brand you used.

I have calimagic but I only used it once then switched to epsom salts. I may just keep using the epsom in coco as it seems to work well but…so may unknowns lol

I have a bag of epsom as well and I’m gonna continue with it as needed but the next auto grow will use Cal mag start of flower to finish. (Though I have read numerous times on the forum not to use it unless needed. ) My thoughts were confirmed that if I wait till it is needed then it is probably somewhat too late. So I’m thinking maintenance dosages as soon as they flower.

3 Likes

August 30, 2017 Update of 8 Ball Kush and Sweet Tooth SCROG

102 Days from sprout

51 Days Veg Growth

77 Days on Autopot Feedings at full strength

49 Days under the scrog

33 Days under 12/12 Lighting

As posted earlier, the 8 Ball took a hit I suspect from nute overload (I tried to push the kool bloom powder and clearly the 8 Ball was more sensitive than the Sweet Tooth. Ah well, they are both still with us so we carry on. (I wouldn’t be so good with it if I didn’t have three plants in flower outdoors.)

After a few days rest, I did switch to bloom nutes but varied from the recipe by leaving in some MICRO at the rate of 2ml/gallon (when the recipre calls for 0/none). I plan to taper it down to zero over a few weeks. I know this all fly’s in the face of you established growers but I started down this path and feel like I need to finish the walk.

You will see the 8 Ball is pale green with some yellowed, mottled leaves. I can’t document the number of leaves I tossed but it was 60% or better.

I am pleased just the same.
@Rugar89 @North_East_Newbie @Willd @bob31 @Covertgrower @Patsbasement @Nug-bug @North_East_Newbie @Jmesser80 @Laurap

8Ball

Sweet Tooth

Various Flowers and Wide Angle

21 Likes

Dude :open_mouth:
That’s all I got
:+1: :cowboy_hat_face: :v:

1 Like

More tags for 8/30/17 Grow Update

@peachfuzz @Smokin_ernie @Sirsmokes @bonnie1 @AnneBonny @Hogmaster @Capt_Seeweed @Donaldj @dbrn32 @BobWags

2 Likes

I’d be a happy girl with those buds! Yummy

3 Likes

that is a tent of bud there @Screwauger !!!

4 Likes

Thanks for taking a look gang!!

@BIGE I sure hope I can leave it alone long enough to let them fatten up! Thx!

@Laurap Thank you!

@Countryboyjvd1971 LOL…hey Bro, would or do you ever trim upper fan leaves at this stage (to uncover other bud sites)??

5 Likes

@Screwauger i’ve heard of doing that but have never tried it myself…

1 Like

@Screwauger I don’t trim them I try to tuck them out of the way which you need to do everyday but I’ve not a fan of removing fan leaves myself with that said
I’m sure you could remove a few if you wanted with no harm just don’t go crazy pruning hahahaha
And definitely don’t do it after smoking hahhahaha

10 Likes

no trim or nutes when really,really high!!!

7 Likes

Exactly @BIGE sounds like you learned the hard way also hahahahhaha

3 Likes

right there with you and so many others…lolol
rookie mistakes!!
i’m still making them,but not the magnitude as say a year ago…lol

6 Likes

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971

I do the tucking everyday but now, my hands get all sticky despite trying to stay away from the tops. I had read other scroggers say to cut any leaf blocking a neighboring bud site but I have not. Thanks to you I will not and will just keep tucking.

5 Likes

@Screwauger I do trim all under canopy but if it touches the screen and or pokes threw the screen I just tuck it back underneath it’s time consuming but they still need the stored nutes later to finish imo
Glad I was able to assist you bro
And Woohoo on light being on the truck :+1:
Yeah @BIGE we just keep learning what not to do lol
I got so high once I burned the crap out of my plants double dosed the nutrients :open_mouth: Hahaha
It happens

7 Likes

Sounds like good advice

5 Likes

Hellllllooo there you things of beauty! I love sharing this topic with my non ILGM friends so they can drool as they fantasize about growing such a fine crop.

4 Likes

I have to wonder if that’s exactly what I did!

4 Likes

Thanks @Willd for the kind words and advocacy!!!

2 Likes

@Screwauger wow wow wowyyy dam you got some mad scrogging going on beautiful stuff

3 Likes