One Down Two To Grow

@Screwauger @Rugar89 you guys call me when your snatchy landlord and her niece live behind you and to the side of you… Hence, my grow tent inside. It’s legal here, BUT its none of their business, and honestly, it really rains too much. Yep, I live in a rainforest. On the positive side I have plenty of rainwater run off for my girls. Unlike @willd who has had the challenges of using well water because he ran out of rain water.

1 Like

@Covertgrower No No, I’ve got it made!! This is sort of an “I told you so” to my better half. I used the issue of neighbors as my justification for an indoor set up. Anything that happens outdoors is proof that indoor is safer and less hassle. lol

I rented for years and that’s partly why I have not grown in so many years. Good luck!!

1 Like

You know what though. I have a private yard and it’s legal and the law in MA says as long as they can’t be seen from the street it is legal. But, i don’t want anyone to know what I am doing. No one knows what I am doing. My neighbors think i live in my shed tho, lol. Kinda like the unibomber hahaha

@Screwauger @Covertgrower

I hear a Hi bob over the fence once in awhile! lol

3 Likes

@bob31 We both feel the same way! Partly don’t give a crap what they think and on the other hand, my GF works in a busy medical office and I for the -----. Not really looking for any grief. Of course me, I’m more concerned about theft or vandalism.

Too bad really cause they bought the house three years ago, are sellign it now and have been royal pains in the ass for the past three years. For example calling the popo because a squirrel was drowning in our pool and it wasn’t our 1st Priority to get right out there and save the Tree Rat. Just stuff like that that the plate of cookies at Christmas doesn’t cover. LOL

It’s all good though and yup, all legal. Note the hanging baggies with name, rank and serial number. By the book.

3 Likes

Yep, gotta play by the rules! (I just got a short lesson in that, lol) Anyway the rules aren’t that hard to follow, however I just feel like what goes on in my yard/ house is my business. I don’t stick my head in your yard you don’t stick your head in mine.

There is only one neighbor that can see the side of my shed with the AC and vent coming out and I haven’t met them. The people that owned the house before them were Arse wipes extreme! To the point that I let the back one third of my yard get overgrown after i planted 6 pine trees to block them out. Now they are gone and the new folks seem nice. I am going to clean up the rest of the backyard and put up a new fence. Picket on the side with no house and stockade down the side where there is.

Funny story. About 20 years ago, I look out my side door and there are two ladies walking by. In my yard. So I stick my head out the back window as they are walking past the back of my house and into my back yard and i said excuse me can I help you. They noth turned around and looked at me dumfounded. I said this is my yard, what are you Doing? The lady says oh we’ve been cutting through here forever. I said have you seen my dog? She says no. I said we’ve been here 5 years and usually my dog is outside and he bites. I’d stay out of there if I were you.

My yard was totally fenced in and they must have been climbing over my fence? I dunno. If it was kids I could understand it. lol

Oh and I really feel the same way. I’m way over quota on friends and I don’t really want anymore. I am friendly with my neighbors, but I don’t stick my nose in their business.

6 Likes

@Screwauger @bob31 I feel the same way you guys do, I mind my business, and dont mess with others. Bob living in his shed. Lol, I made room in the shed, but its not fully insulated just yet. Since the weather is quite a bit cooler, and going to get really cold. The boiler I installed has insulation piled on top of it to keep it warm. Leftovers from a work project, and the insulation was on the way to the landfill. I will practically live in my shed too, after I get it insulated, I’ll move the grow out there, but want warm steady temperatures before I go out there. I cant risk frozen plants! The biggest problem is that it was a storage shed, with stuff, and I have a cleared a space for the tent, there still not much working room outside of that. After I throw some more stuff away, I will have this dialed in! I’ve been tossing around the idea of installing a tv and some other stuff out there… My little sanity place… haha…

4 Likes

This is my grow @Covertgrower I don’t want to overload @Screwauger topic. We can talk off topic in the garden anytime

http://ilgmforum.com/t/thoughts-from-the-morning-garden-continued/14133/1272

5 Likes

Unreal @bob31 the nerve of some people. That right there is funny! We got off on the wrong foot with the young couple across the street when they first moved into the neighborhood. Similar to your experience, we look out and down the driveway and into the backyard goes this young man and and older man, conversing and walking into our yard like it was the park. I asked, can I help you and, as if they were interrupted, casually said “our dog went out behind your place and we are looking for it.” We basically said the same as you, we have a large chocolate lab and he does not like strangers and it would be in your best interest to ask first. They were offended and it was touch and go for a couple years. They have since become decent neighbors but WOW.

I grew up with the CDB song as my motto “I ain’t askin no body for nuthin, if I can’t get it on my own. If you don’t like the way I’m livin’ well you just leave this long haired country boy alone*.”

*Exempt of course is my guy who supplies my meds. He knows I can’t YET, get it on my own!!

4 Likes

I’m outta likes for now, but i owe you one! lol @Screwauger @Covertgrower

3 Likes

Just a quick update @bob31 and @Countryboyjvd1971 and others interested.

The 45 pint dehumidifier being positioned outside the tent is working marvelously!

RH in the tent at lights out this a.m. was 41% temp 71.

On another note, my 8 Ball kush is still alive but she took a massive hit from nute burn.
Def gonna effect the yield (that’s why I have outdoor insurance policies!
I got under the canopy last night and estimated that 60% of the leaves were dried up and gone.
I will post pics on wednesday for group input but I think lesson(s) learned and will not push Kush’s in flower!
Other plant has been slow from day one but is very healthy and bulking up!!!

3 Likes

And the Kush was treated exactly the same as the others @Screwauger

1 Like

Yes @bob31 same nute mix for both as they both suck off the same res.
Barely a hint of burn on the sweet tooth but the kush was hit hard.
She does appear to still be growing/flowering but has no where near the canopy she had.
Will be interesting to do a before and after taking last weeks and this weeks photos.

Gonna have to figure out if the lesson is always grow different strains or never grow different strains, together I mean.

1 Like

hear that. I’m having the same issues with my blueberry autos. One is the perfect picture and the other is showing magnesium deficiency all over the top. It’s crazy @Screwauger

Exact same from day one to today.

1 Like

With the expected learning curve and all, I am thrilled to be where I am at but it still hurts!
I am learning a ton from you guys and this grow was necessary to work out the kinks.
I just need to get my mnd right that “chit happens” and not take it so hard…lol
@bob31

1 Like

unfortunately we have to learn on live plants! Sometimes they take a beating! lol @Screwauger

I think I am going to start adding cal-mag every other feeding, just to my autos. The GG and GL are also picture perfect.

2 Likes

@Screwauger I’m not hydro, but I’ve noticed the same thing with soil. All of mine are getting the same nutrient blend, and I burned some, and others were completely unaffected. This goes for how much water each plant uses as well. I can pick up some pots and they’re light, others are still heavy. I water them all at the same time. Now the only variable with that is are they all getting the same amount of water?? I would say close, but maybe I should measure? But you can’t measure hydro… Maybe reduce the nutrient blend that everyone is happy with or separate feeding schedules. I dont know. Picky buggers.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower @bob31

Using the autopots does leave you blind as to which plant is consuming what. Each time you look in the bottom of the pots there is nute solution but you do not know when it drew that or how quickly it uses it. Each pot holds about 8-9 ounces of solution each time the valve calls for more.

I have read (and I can do this because I have a second res) where autopot growers end up putting each plant on it’s own 12 gallon res. Sort of defeats the purpose and in this case would have made no difference becasue I would have poured half and half into each res.

All part of learning that genetics are finicky things! Should I enjoy failure this much? hahaha No seriously, the opportunity to learn that you CAN kill a plant in 12 hours is a valuable lesson I think.

2 Likes

yeah, no kidding!

@bob31 How true Sir. We have their life in our ml pipettes.

If they have not been getting any cal mag why not start em on 1/2 doses and work up (i’m just gun shy)

1 Like

i’m a week or so from harvest. It just presented itself about 10 days ago and i gave both some epsom salts. The damage was already done. I will have cal-mag on hand for the next grow!

As a matter of fact, I put my put up or shut up on and went on amazon and bought a bottle since it was $2 cheaper than the grow store. And I had a few other things I needed anyway…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002R1MDQE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?tag=greenrel-20

3 Likes