One Down Two To Grow

Thanks I will check both places now @Sirsmokes @Screwauger

1 Like

@bob31 I might be naive but this 45 pint dehumidifier holds no where near 45 pints. It was full in 6 hours. Try 4.5 pints maybe…strange.

No floor drain in my basement so not sure the hose option will do me any good as I would have to run it into a 5 gal pail and risk overflows.

HUH, I purposely stayed away from the portable/table top models to get the capacity…what say you @Countryboyjvd1971

45 pints should be around 5 gallons or so? @Screwauger

1 Like

Indeed. The res has a float that shuts off the unit after it fills with water. Next time I am going to dump it into a 5 gal pail but my guesstimate is maybe 1.5 gallons in the res when the unit says full (and it is full) but not sure how they get to 45 pints.

1 Like

I’m still going to drop by the OSJL and see what they have. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder so as soon as that gets better! lol

1 Like

Hey bud
I wouldn’t put it in tent myself @Screwauger
I keep mine in Basement and allow the fans to pull dry air into tent
With exhaust running in tent you will exhaust air before it can get dried out

1 Like

Thanks @Countryboyjvd1971

It worked yesterday lowering the humidity by about 10% by having it just in the room next to the intake fan of the tent.

Going to have to devise a way to hook up the hose though because the res on the unit does not hold 45 pints arrrrrgh

I don’t mind the inconvenience for my girls though!! Thanks Brother.

1 Like

If you wanted to you could buy a condinsate pump and replace bucket with that Home Depot should have one 40$
I have mine on a shelf above my slop sink so I can just set and forget it :+1: @Screwauger

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971

I am looking at one on HD website but how does that work??
Would it allow me to pump the contents 20 feet over to the basement sink?

Gonna also ask, since you use the same LED’s what distances you use in diff stages?? Thanks man.

These are the GH recommendations that seem way off and I have not followed these but curious what you do.

CB283202394__SL300_

1 Like

Hoping that shoulder feels better soon @bob31

Up late doing a bit of research and it seems, though by no means has my search been comprehensive, that a given dehumidifier that boasts 45 or 75 pints, is not describing the capacity of the reservoir in the machine. What those numbers mean is that the unit can draw a max of 45 or 75 pints of water from the air in a 24 hour period. No relation to the size of the reservoir in the unit.

I suspect in a few more weeks when ye old furnace roars to life, dehumidifying the basement won’t be necessary and I will want to buy a humidifier LOL.

For now, the condensation pump @Countryboyjvd1971 referred to sounds like an excellent option if it will move the water around the basement wall and over to the sink (approx 25-30’) with a 3’ push up to the sink?? Not sure but will have to research.

Okay, ttyl the hash oil is kicking in and I need to do some leaf tucking to expose bud sites!!

3 Likes

ok gotcha on the rating so have to remember that thanks @Screwauger

1 Like

Out of likes @bob31 but :ok_hand::+1::+1::palm_tree::sun_with_face::sunny:

1 Like

Sorry bro just saw this tag
Yes a candidate pump will allow you to pump it over to sink 20 foot should be no problem
When buying pump is should have a number call head that’s the distance it can pump straight up most are in the 15-20 foot range
Agian that’s straight up you can go match father than that if you run side to side :+1:
As far as lights I usually start around 36 inches and work my way down as the plants need more light
By harvest I’m 12 inches off the tops ?

1 Like

Out of likes @Countryboyjvd1971 But thanks Brother, very helpful. I appreciate it :+1::ok_hand::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Just a few shots from ye old backyard

@Rugar89 @bob31 @Willd @North_East_Newbie @Patsbasement

14 Likes

It Tis the season! @Screwauger

2 Likes

Wish I had a nice backyard. Mines all concrete. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I know what your saying @Rugar89 but my yard is a postage stamp, lol.

In that first pic, the house behind my plants is the neighbor, he and the roofer were standing this side of the evergreeen tree and their shirt sleeve(s) were brushing my plant. They say Man is never satisfied and that’s me, I want a @Willd type spread where I can water my plants in my skivies if I wanna LOL

I am a product of TV but when I see your outdoor photos I always think of the Ceeement Pond (Beverly Hillbilly’s) as that is what they called the pool.

PS That neighbor is a tight ass arrogant prick and will probably try to organize a local ordinance against growing in city limits. For the first time all summer he was mowing over there this weekend and taking forever, prob grabbing pics hahaha

4 Likes

My backyard is a postage stamp as well. Front yard about the same size. That hole in the ground is 3/4 of the backyard, the rest all concrete. Hasn’t had water in it in years. Funny how the priorities change as you go thru life. 35yrs ago when looking for a house, it was like cool a pool! No backyard to mow! Small front yard to mow! Then after you buy you realize how much that hole costs to maintain every month and all the hours it takes to keep it clean. It was still worth it until the kids grew up and moved away. Then it was wasted time and expense, so it was drained. Going to fill it in one of these days.

I here you on a @Willd type property! I would love it!

3 Likes

@Rugar89 Yup, we have a decaying, outdated and rarely used 24’ above grd pool. The decking has all shifted and pushing on the pool wall, there is a huge rust hole that the local pool place won’t touch (so I cobbed it up with some toilet parts lol). I met my GF 8 yrs ago and this was her home.

I hate the maintenance, expense and upkeep of the thing and each yr I pitch the idea of taking the whole thing to the dump. She thinks she cannot live w/o a pool and even if we moved tomorrow we would have to have one, blech. Not me, but you know how that goes, “you bet honey.” Our kids are gone and she maybe went in 5 times and I twice all summer. I go in if/when it hits 80 not before or after.

3 Likes