One Down Two To Grow

My last reservoir fill was five gallons and I added .75ml/gal of GROW after reading something latewood wrote a few years back. Frankly I was trying to get a bit more stretch from them.

I dumped 1.5 gallons of that reservoir this morning and refilled with 10 gallons mixed as follows so, the plants got only four days of GROW in entirety.

1g/gal Epsom Salts
12ml/gal GH Bloom
1/4tsp/gal Kool Bloom Powder
9.45ml/gal Terpinator
.5ml/gal Parts 1&2 Flying Skull Enzymes
.1ml/gal Drip Clean

The concept of the Lucas/Head/rezdog formula’s is first and foremost they are designed for growing in coco coir.

The chemistry behind the recipe(s) has been worked out with nutrient calculators to achieve a balanced N/P/K ratios where the N in the Grow formula gets replaced by the increased use of the other 2 parts (M & B). I don’t profess to understand it and it was just a starting point for me really. So far, the results speak for themselves but we will see what the smoke report and final dry weight are before we call it a success.

2 Likes

Your killing it Bro! :facepunch:

3 Likes

Thanks very much @Rugar89

Given that one bud photo it is entirely possible that I just don’t know how to use my iphone AND I’m a lousy photographer. :rofl: 48

3 Likes

Thanks for the mention @Screwauger

I will tag @Covertgrower over to my grow!

3 Likes

Turning out to be a stressful day in the scrog garden here at Trial of Firsts.

My major nute change this morning had an immediate and negative effect in the form of rapidly yellowing leaves with brown/rust spots in the leaf centers.

Seems like nute burn so I dumped the Res of new nutes and fell back to my tried and true mix.

Unfortunately, while on my knees in the tent sucking mix out of the pots, I see a red spider mite zip across the floor of the tent. I squashed it and did an immediate check on underside of dozens of fan leafs and I see no sign or infestation.

Regardless, I put out some pest sticky strips, mixed up a mild batch (with the correct soap) of neem and sprayed everything under the canopy, nothing on top.

Needless to say @dbrn32 I am going to back burner the light diagnosis for the time being while I tend to the tent. I am going to leave my autopots off over night and start them up with my standard mix in the morning.

Fingers crossed…to embarrassed to take photos of the 8 Ball Kush which reacted badly, the Sweet Tooth doesn’t seem so yellowed with obvious signs but she still looks a bit tired tonight…:face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

sorry to hear. Steady as she goes brother and everything will be fine! @Screwauger

1 Like

No worries amigo. Get your stuff straight and let me know whenever you get the chance.

2 Likes

Sorry your having a rough go right now,but I know youll get it back on track!

1 Like

Things looked status quo this morning before lights out. No worse but some scattered signs of burn on the 8 Ball Kush, overall the other plant seemed unharmed. One of the drawbacks to having to strains on one gravity reservoir. Will be eager for lights on tonight to take a peek :see_no_evil:

I personally had leaves that wilted like that but not to the degree of yours, mine turned out to be over watered.

@Countryboyjvd1971

Need some HVAC advice Sir.

My Haier 45 pint dehumidifier arrived and I need a bigger boat.
It’s never going to fit under my scrog screen and it’s just a tad to large to fit beside it.

Because my pots are immobile for the most part, it’s the branches that would block the unit’s clean fit.

Will that size unit make any headway in a 10x30 room in the basement? If I set up the unit just outside my 240cfm intake fan would the drier air get sucked into the tent?

The manual states not to think it will lower humidity in closets or other enclosed spaces unless there is good ventilation.

I am thinking if the thing runs continuously it’s gotta lower the humidity on that side of the basement??

Thanks for any thoughts Brother(s).

PS the 8 Ball looks like it will pull through, no further yellowing but I lost 30 good sized leaves in the ordeal. The other plant appears unaffected.

2 Likes

@Screwauger sorry to hear about the problems. Keep us posted. No HVAC expert, but I would bet that dehumidifier is adequate to draw out moisture in the whole room. Since you have an intake fan moving air, you should be good. The dehumidifier has a fan too? That’ll move move air too. Circulation is key.

2 Likes

@Screwauger the unit should include the cubic feet that it will cover? I bet it will work fine. I’m trying to find one myself that I can connect a hose to so I don’t have to keep draining it, but i may have to settle for something less than I want just to get it done.

Keep a look out at Walmart.

The unit I bought is 179 new but I bought it “refurbished” for 80 bucks. Only a 30 day warranty but the reviews on the refurbed ones were very good.

I also saw some similar sized (this one has the hose hook up) ones at the bay of e for under $100

@bob31

Maybe I shall look around some more. How many cu ft does yours cover?

@bob31 I have reviewed the product descriptions on Walmart and on Amazon (and on the box) and it say’s nothing about cubic feet or area covered.

Actually not very good reviews on Amazon but for 80 I took my chances as most this size are well above $100.

It’s a Haier 45 pint

1 Like

k thanks. @Screwauger Also I tagged you on a coco grow that I could use a hand on if you have a few minutes?

it’s 157 now on amazon

Yes, I got it at Walmart and it was several pages into their dehumidifier listings.

Menards has dehumidifiers that have a small pump and hose so you don’t have to drain them