A Strain Of Your Own

I’m wondering if anyone else has a strain they grow year in and year out, pollinate and save their seeds?

I have a strain that I’ve grown out on and off for about 10 years. Started with unknown bag seed and kept pollen from the best plants, saved seeds. It does really well in my climate. In marginal light outdoors or under my marginal lights indoors, it grows into a sort of central cola shape like you’d expect. In full sun, it grows into a nice shrub form with a bunch of tops. Starts throwing pistils in mid July, finishes some time in September at under 6 feet… Perfect for life at the 46th parallel. Outdoors, the local insects aren’t toooo hard on it. Nothing scientific or particularly special about it. Just well adapted to my climate.

This year, because we’re now legal, I acquired some known genetics. The plants are bigger and will certainly yield more. But the insects have been harder on them and I’m going to have to build a temp greenhouse over a few because I don’t think they’ll finish otherwise.

So a couple of pics. Plants cloned from an indoor plant I harvested in the spring.

Without further ado, my personal little cannabis strain:

Anyone else literally growing their own?

14 Likes

Yours are extremely awesome. I hope to be able to grow outside one day. I have grown veggies outside, and have always had good luck using garlic cloves to fend of insects and critters. I simply break open a garlic bulb, and then cut each clove into two or three pieces, and throw that all around my plants. I always thought if I grew outside and bugs were real bad, i’d string some around my plant on thread. Anyway, very nice grow!

3 Likes

Looking great!

1 Like

Very nice @PhantomFarmer Have you ever tried this Food grade DE? It should take care of the bugs…

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B072J8Z28F/ref=mp_s_a_1_15?tag=greenrel-20

Thanks, @70sChick - I do use DE on a spot basis. Neem oil is my weekly go to. These particular plants really aren’t too bothered by insects, even without any treatment at all.

1 Like

Maybe too late for now but consider companion plants beside them. Mint, garlic things like these drive away bugs as don’t like smell. We used to do this when we were growing outside. With the de, need and some plants hopefully the bugs will go away.

Yup for only about 31 years… your ladies look great too by the way.

1 Like

Got some I have been growing for about 25 years. Some kind of throwback to the original plants I guess. Tall, small buds all over, mild and a not real strong head stone. The beauty part is I get 100% germination, 100% females and each year when I grow 4 or 5, one will seed out. Basically a self cloning plant without the trouble of having to do the work myself. Grow outdoors and no bug problems. Never thought of a name, maybe No Name Brand.

2 Likes