A beginners guide from germinating to harvest to help answer most questions that most beginners have trouble with in getting started

I would like to take a gander also

@peachfuzz
That would be great. I do not mind building stuff at all…in fact that is one thing I am good at.
I kind of have ideas in mind, but seeing how one that works is put together will help me keep from killing off a plant or three due to trial and error, looking forward to the pic’s and Thanks. If you could maybe place the reply and pics in my thread, “RATED R - No one under 17 admitted”
MC
added; @yoshi
I apologize for placing this request in your thread. no disrespect intended, this is my first grow so as you can imagine I am a bit anxious about things

So these are the self watering systems @yoshi had mentioned… it’s a 3 1/2 gallon in a 5 gallon Reservoir with a WIC at the bottom in a self feeding tube down the side so that you do not water on top … you only water through the tube …the very first watering is done on top of the soil after that all watering is done through the pipe … you will notice in one of the pictures on the 5 gallon Reservoir there is a hole on the side of the bucket , that hole is so that you do not overfill the bucket with water … so it’s a self releaving overflow to make sure that the pot never gets over watered… :wink:

@Nug-bug @MindlessCorpse
Some pics won’t load… have to figure it out… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

5 Likes

@peachfuzz
so far it looks good.
now the questions,

1. is the overflow hole in the side of the 5 gal bucket above, below, or at the bottom of the three gal bucket?
  2. the PVC tube, what’s that, about 1 and a half inch, 2 maybe? and does it pass through the bottom of the 3 gal bucket to fill the 5 gal bucket? or empty into the bottom of the three gal bucket to drain through the holes into the 5 gal bucket?
  3. the blue cup full of holes, just siliconed into place?
  4. does the small blue cup fill with dirt? Lava Rock? Something else?
  5. I like @yoshi 's idea of placing an air stone into the bottom of the 5 gal bucket for aeration and stirring, what’s your thoughts on this?
    Also, Thanks very much for being helpful on this, it looks like you are actually taking time to make and take pictures of this for this response, Thank You for that and your patience with the explaination
    MC

@MindlessCorpse it’s okay to post here in this thread to get answers , I don’t mind we all here to help one another my friend . But the pvc pat through the 3 gal into the 5 gal yes that’s how you refill your reservoir for water changing , the cup you can do lava rocks if you choose or just soil , won’t matter the roots will grow into the wick to intake the water from reservoir and the hole is an over flow prevental drain so you don’t drown your roots , and it’s a drain tube on the side that pivots for draining so you don’t have to move in and out of grow room .

2 Likes

@yoshi I’m doing a transplant soon , what nutes do you recommend , I saw you posted but I can’t find what you use . Mykos , mammoth , etc…

Akos and Mykos , Recharge and Mammoth P but I used now is Microbe life

, and I used 13 Essentials but before you do or attempt to mimic my supplements read up on them first and make a decision than but I experimented with what I used in test grows , made adjustments to the plants responses and master my way of what works for me , so this is not factual science are what the pro’s would suggest , but it’s what I do . Now for transplanting I do suggest layering your soil from bottom to top , I put ocean forest on the bottom layer about fourth away up with Azos and mykos mixed in there and than i top it off with promix #4 sunshine mix , are you can used miracle grow moisture control mix with natures care , are happy frog that way your soil is not to strong with microbial organisms that can burn your root system so as the plant matures in stages the roots grow into the stronger balance soil and keep your from defiencies .

2 Likes

Never grow without a jar of Recharge man that stuff is a miracle supplement , and I dollar feed with 13 Essential which I’ve seen awesome results and it’s several guys was blown away from they results , Mammoth P will create so much resin trichomes your buds will look like they dripping with crystals of sugar , insane sticky , and I run my PH from 5.8-6.2 and that’s due to the hard water in my locations but I mainly used rain water I catch in a 5 gal bucket I store in gallon jugs are water out my fish aquarium canister filter I have and I dump my protein shaker from my aquarium in my watering jugs as well , but this is what I do after a couple of years of experimenting and get you some silica blast it’s good stuff to help build your chloryphl in your plants for massive stalk strength.

6 Likes

@yoshi thanks for the info , I’ll start ordering soon

1 Like

This would be H
illcrest in San Diego? Would it?

Naw :-1:t5::-1:t5:sry

1 Like

Hillcrest in South Australia??? Lol :wink:

Naw D.C :grinning::rage::grinning::rage:

1 Like

Just started the transition from NOTG to Remo. Not used it enough to tell results yet.

How much water are you using per feed/water. I know it varies just trying to get an estimate for how much during different weeks of the grow

It’s been 2 years since Yosh wrote this he might have already harvested I think. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If my seeds soaking in water don’t look like they’re doing anything else, should I just plant I’m?

What’s the question ?

You can but knowing it popped and the you witnessed the tap root is almost a sure thing .