7 weeks old-yellow spot?

It’s been warm and rain for the last week here in Vancouver. Yellow spots have appeared on the top leaves only. Not the bottom. Is it Yellow Spot (Septoria) then? Can I use Mold Control for it?

May want to go and check up under leaves right quick? Looks like you’ve got munchers coming by
PASTE: This "Support Ticket" into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

2 Likes

Thanks @Nug-bug looks like a sulfur deficiency but I’m probably going to have to say more likely a nitrogen deficiency @Majiktoker @garrigan62 @Aquaponic_Dumme thoughts fellas

This always helps too

1 Like

@Nug-bug
Answer these simple questions the best you can:

May want to go and check up under leaves right quick! Looks like you’ve got munchers coming by.

Okay, had a good look and, thankfully, no early diners yet

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

WhiteWidow Autoflower from ilgm

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

untreated soil in outdoor flower bed

System type?

Mother Nature’s Magic!

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

NA

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Using Flower Power

Indoor or Outdoor

Outdoor

Light system, size?

Ohhh…about 1000 w/m2

Temps; Day, Night

20°C, 12°C

Humidity; Day, Night

74%, 95%

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

NA

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

NA

Co2; Yes, No

Tiny fairy farts

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

Transplanted into garden a week ago
Lots of rain, not much sun for a week
Lots of detrius fell into the soil around the plants. Just cleared it out today
Just beginning to bloom so I’ve switched to Bloom FP
Have not used any Root Protector, Mold Control, or Bug Blaster yet
They are planted fairly close to some ornamental trees, which might cause an aphid issue later, I’m guessing.

With lots of rain nitrogen deficiency is out of the question as nitrogen naturally comes with the storms.

My opinion looks like something tiny is eating the leafs

2 Likes

I have to go with @Majiktoker it deffinetly looks like a bug of some sort did you look up under the leaves? @Jenntee a magnifying glass works perfectly if you have one accessible

@Jenntree

I had this happen to me once before and all you really have to do is think about what makes sense here… I started researching plants and nute problems in general, aside from cannabis. My brown spots showed up and I initially thought it was some type of a deposit in the leaves, so I flushed and assumed there were still nutes in the soil. WRONG, once my leaves started to yellow I knew it was a N deficiency, and the brown spots were a P and/or K deficiency. SO i prepared a weak solution and sprayed the leaves the next morning before turning my lights back on. I pruned the damage leaves to rid them of the spots and see if anymore showed up… within 3 days the leaves were green and no more spots appeared. I tend to under fertilize the first few weeks and get a feel for my new strains ability to absorb nutes. they all work so differently it amazes me. Even within the same strain each plant has its own regimen. Hope this helps. Just remember to give them a little shot of nutes every time you water (2-4 days apart). Mainly macro nutrients are the ones that need replenishing more often than you think, but don’t
over do it…ok

Will

2 Likes

Very valuable information @garrigan62, and I thank you so much for that that’s definitely something I had no clue about! How about you @TokersHaven have you heard this before? Awesome awesome!!!

1 Like

@Hogmaster @Majiktoker @Stoner_Cody420 @garrigan62 @Nug-bug

Okay, so
-I’ve cleared the detrius away and sprayed with Mold Control.
-I added fresh soil and and some Flower Power Bloom.
-Looked under the leaves again and saw nothing (I’m wheelchair-bound so I must trust the eyes of my caregiver). Sprayed with Bug Blaster just in case
-Added Root Protection just because
-Sun is back so I’m letting the soil dry out a bit before fertilizing again.

Am I missing anything?

(It’s weird. If all the rain caused this, it seems counter productive to add MORE water in order to fertilize. Ah, well, it is what it is.)

Also, I remember hearing that some plants can’t tolerate water settling on the leaves when the sun comes out, because the droplets concentrate the rays which causes tiny mild burns. Has anyone else heard this?

Yes the water magnifies the light which can cause burns if the sun is hot enough that day

2 Likes

To much rain ain’t good because if the pot gets to wet it can cause mold. And as for the water on the leaves I’ve never heard of that but I do know if you water the leaves just mist them no more then 3 times a day like me I folair feed mine in the moring right when the light comes on because if you folair feed after the light has been on a while it can nute burn them so it’s best to do it right when the light comes on or if outside early morning is best! So I folair feed mine when the light comes on the again with plain water at noon then one last time in the evening around 6:30/7:00 that’s a total of (3) times aday with much success. They Thrive off of the water just a heads up if you plan to foliar feed them you can’t put it in the medium and do the foliar feeding because it’s not good to do both so it’s best to pick one or the other folair feeding however increases its growth then putting it in the medium. As for the bugs you can use baking soda and water or hydrogen peroxide with water that normally takes care of the problem that’s what I did as well as many of other growers. If you need anything else I maybe able to help with @Jenntee just tag me and I’ll try to help the best I can! Good luck and happy growing my friend! :evergreen_tree:
Cody.

1 Like

And also remember what the flower power they recommend feeding her once a week I would hate to see burn your babies up

1 Like

@Stoner_Cody420 what folair are you using I’m trying 13essentials for the third time I’ve had great luck with it

@Hogmaster I’m using this. And it’s working wonderfully awesome thus far!

1 Like

Yeah use the same for a long time they have a organic flour power you should try a starter set sometime it’s great but pro mix is a great cheaper medium

Oh okay yeah @Hogmaster I’ll most deffinetly look into that thank you lots for the input friend!

1 Like

I tried to :heart: you’re comment but I have to wait an hour lol I hope i can do it more often sooner rather then latter lol

This was my second feeding with flower power

and this was three days later just using pro mix and flower power normally I use the Fox Farm trio and I’ve had perfect results thus far I’m getting even better hopefully that pro mix will work out for you if that’s the route you decide to go you can’t go wrong with the Fox Farm regardless

Can I use Flower Power or is there something more specific I should be looking for?