6 Plant California Organic Outdoor Legal Grow - 5 thirty gallon fabric bags, one 1/2 wine barrel

Outdoor flowers get dirty, and can have bird and bug excrement, skeletons, pollen from other plants, etc., washing it makes a big difference:

3 Likes

That’s what I do. I trade 1/4 oz of bud for a dozen eggs to help them out and we had a friend over last weekend recovering from back surgery that we laid 4 or 5 ounces of Og Kush and WW on her.

5 Likes

I had already thought, if they mention it they likely partake, so I didn’t even think twice about offering…

2 Likes

Here’s a canopy shot, 109 degrees F, only the non ILGM Kush plant - discolored one having issues already - complaining a bit. It’s staring to get better with pH change on water :sweat_drops:, the buds are getting frosty and it has different smell, you wouldn’t believe how much water they used to deal with heat - dried out 30 gallon containers. Watering again 1st thing in morning, going to be another hot one tomorrow.!

4 Likes

The AK-47 auto looks great cured

6 Likes

I like leaf on buds, and I used to REALLY like leaf on buds. I like the look, the esthetics; it’s real and not overly controlled. (AND, the smoke is good, too!)

But since I’ve been curing myself . . . and experimenting a bit . . .

I like the smell better with less leaf.

4 Likes

It’s like a time warp, it slows down when they’re flowering…

I ordered some Girl Scout cookies Extreme, Trainwreck, and California Dreaming- all feminized for next year, took advantage of LABORDAY2017 $20 off promotion, go ILGM!

@Fever
@Hogmaster
@SourD
@OldStealth

Neighbor’s tree dropping pollen…

12 Likes

Just fantastic!!!

1 Like

@Manny_FTGUTube
@SourD

Found more having Chronic Widow breakfast this morning. It was the last meal.

2 Likes

Man I feel you I’m going to go look through my girls now.

2 Likes

Found several more this morning, pulling the bigger flower clusters gently apart…

1 Like

As soon as trichomes get milky I will probably harvest to avoid another infestation. Better safe than sorry after so much work

2 Likes

I’m going to keep an eye out for more, explore idea of moth traps, they have a few weeks to go. I have found 4 on White Widow, one on Gold Leaf and several on 2 Chronic Widow plants, not found any on Kush hybrid yet…

Always going to be some insect damage outdoors, try to minimize best we can, luckily infestation not too bad - have seen moths flying around.

Added a 3rd type of seabird guano last week to the mix (fossilized 0-9-0 ) plus more Deuce Deuce ( 0-0-22 ), adding to water - 5 tablespoons of fossilized guano per 4 gallons of water and 3ml of Deuce Deuce per 1 gallon. The buds are starting to swell up, the cooler weather helping too. I’m glad I started adjusting pH of water.

1 Like

Ok be careful. 99 problems outside. I harvested 2 clones and thought I was pest free but I was wrong found some little microscopic mite things crawling on stems and a couple caterpillars. I suppose they are leaving the drying bud in search of food?

Hey @Big123, you having problems with moth larvae/caterpillars? I’m in OC and fighting cabbage looper worms. Real glad I saw when I did, cuz they were on the fast track to destruction. Picked maybe 50 off my 3 little 4’ sour d plants, all embedded in the buds. Really camouflaged, hard to see. Had to dig deep and aggressively.

A few other guys on here growing in CA report same, and my buddy just went through it with his plants up in Huntington Beach.

2 Likes

Bastards I’m finding some everyday I’m gonna have to order some BT-k I thing right? Someone? Correct me if I’m wrong but yeah. Luckily the rot hasn’t spread.

@Manny_FTGUTube I use this and it’s safe to use 24 hours before harvest

kills on contact I’ve seen it , used it on my last grow when I saw a spider :spider: coming out of a big bud almost lost myself. I used it right before final flush and no problems.

5 Likes

@Manny_FTGUTube That’s what they’re saying. Monterey BT-k is what I sprayed yesterday along with spinosad this evening. I keep finding more every day, some big, most small and hard to see. Took 2 worms out today and sprayed directly with spinosad and they didn’t seem immediately bothered by it. Waited 5 minutes and it kept crawling around the table like nothing. I’m probably being impatient, since I want them all to die immediately.

@Niala explained in another thread that BT-k takes about a week to kill them-- I suppose that depends on their size. With a heavy infestation, that may be way too long. These things chew real fast.

I welcome spiders. They eat caterpillars and other shitty bugs. I’d rather have 500 spiders on my plants than one cabbage looper worm.

4 Likes

Thank you…

See damaged bud on non-ILGM white widow, dark spot, the little larvae paid the price for it… lots of little spiders, wasps, dragon flies and other bugs in garden, found a dead worm too :blush:, going to try not spraying. Ordered some moth traps though.

11 Likes

Don’t wait. This works for me

@Big123 u you put in too much work like me

3 Likes