4x2 light advice

Currently own 2x Mars 300LED. (Dont mind the “fan” have two new 6" clip fan). Awaiting my 4" inline fan for exhaust. I am wondering what would be best for me to add for more lights… I was thinking maybe a 700W Mars II LED, or maybe a 250W HPS… HPS would prob get me too much temp…

Need imput please :smiley:

1 Like

I would go with the led my self
Your looking for around 400 watts of actual power you can go down as low as 280 for for space but I try to stay on the high end myself really a second 300 watt would probably be enough
If you go with the 700 w mars you’ll be golden
And your heat will be much more controllable
@Blasting FYI welcome to the forum
@Niala has a bunch of good info on lights haven’t seen him a few days but maybe he see this tag and drop by
Happy growing if I can assist further just tag me
:v: CB :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Yeah, was thinking LED myself, do you have any other suggestion like other brands etc. What brand of leds do you own? if I spend close to 400$ CAD I wanna get best led for my buck :slight_smile:

By the way thanks :smiley: You can check out my grow journal if you want :slight_smile: Me and Niala net already!

2 Likes

I use the galaxy hydro / Roleadro brands same company
I have a total of 9 all full spectrum I love them
I just picked up a new one the other day 67$ US
Off Amazon
It’s a 300watt
You can check out the line in Amazon
Company stand behind there products as well 100%
@Screwauger also uses this brand he had some good experience with service after the sale :+1:
I myself have had any issues with them in fact I think his isssue turned out to be a faulty outlet in his house they still sent him a new light and let him keep old one :+1: now he has two working light fir the price of 1 hahah

All true @Countryboyjvd1971 @Blasting

Overall I am very pleased with these LED’s. I have four of these in a 39"x39"x70" tent

Hey CB- I was amazed at the density if the tops in my first grow using these lights. Do you find LED’s make really really dense (like rock hard nugs) buds or that it was the strains I grew?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PH1MQV8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

@Blasting

Check these out. I dd a little digging for ya …lol

THE BEST L.E.D LIGHTs FOR 2017

Product description
Size:1000W

King and King Plus series products are exclusively selling by KingLED,others are knockoff
Specifications :
Dimension: 12.2x8.26x2.36inches
Power:1000w(100pcs*10w)
LED Type: Epistar LEDs
Full spectrum for vegetative and flowering stage: 410nm, 430~440nm, 450~475nm, 620~630nm, 650~670nm, White, IR(730nm)
(It is hard to see clearly by eyes, very dim.Please don’t think they are not working. Instead, it plays an very important role in the flowering and fruiting stages of plants.)
Coverage Area: about 3.4 x 3.8 ft(The lighting area and the height are changeable according to different plants and environments.)
Lifespan: >50,000hours
Worldwide Voltage: 85v-265v
Working Frequency: 50~60Hz
Modular Power Cord(Available in US, UK, EU, AU,JP)

Using tips
Lighting Time setup: Vegetative Stage: 12-14 hours on; Flowering Stage: 9-12 hours on. Fruiting Stage: 7- 8 hours on
Suggest distance above plants: 2-3.5ft.

Attention
Do not use the lights in dripping water or anywhere where they will get wet, water and electricity can be a dangerous mixture.
The working environment is -20~40℃,45%RH~90%RH.
To protect the light, Pls cut off the power when there is a lightning strike.
Don’t touch or move when the light working.

Package includes:
1pcs King Plus 1000W LED grow light
1pcs free power cord
1pcs free hanging hook(Easy Installation)

3 years warranty: return and money back for customers within 30 days, ship free parts and free shipping to customers for a fix within 180days, ship free parts and the buyer pay the shipping fees for a fix more than 180days.
Product information
Size:1000W
Product Dimensions 12.2 x 2.4 x 8.3 inches
Item Weight 6.4 pounds
Shipping Weight 7.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Manufacturer KingLED
ASIN B0185OLBPK
Customer Reviews 4.3 out of 5 stars 532 customer reviews

4.3 out of 5 stars
Best Sellers Rank #2,260 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
#12 in Patio, Lawn & Garden > Gardening > Indoor Gardening & Hydroponics > Growing Lamps
Here is the link
https://www.amazon.com/Double-Specturm-Greenhouse-Flowering-Growing/dp/B0185OLBPK/ref%3Dzg_bs_14252941_14?tag=offersamzn-20&ascsubtag=bst-13-1580495640014685508?tag=greenrel-20

PlatinumLED Advanced Platinum Series P300 - 300w 12-band LED Grow Light

View larger
P300 Product Specifications
Technical
⦁ Dimensions -19"x8.25"x3"
⦁ Weight - 13 lbs
⦁ LED Quantity - 100x3w US made LEDs.
⦁ Lifespan - 100,000 Hours/8-10 years.
⦁ Avg. Power Draw - 93w Veg / 180w Bloom.
⦁ 90 Degree Secondary Focusing Lenses.
⦁ Voltage - AC85v-260v - All International Cords Available.
⦁ Auto-Voltage Sensing and Adjusting Power Drivers.
⦁ Coverage
Max/Veg Coverage at 18":
4.5’ x 3.8’
Core/Bloom Coverage at 18":
3’ x 2’
400w HPS Replacement
P300 Details
Welcome to the next generation of PlatinumLED Grow Lights – The most powerful LED grow lights available on the market today! We feature the highest PAR per watt of any other LED grow light along with the most complete 12-band spectrum available which ensures maximum yield with minimum power usage and heat. PAR and spectral output equal a quality, powerful LED grow light – not wattage draw! Our lights far out perform the cheaper units that consume excess power and yet emit a fraction of the intensity with an inferior spectral output compared to our professional quality LED grow lights. There is a remarkable difference between LED grow lights and it’s extremely important to choose wisely in a high yield, high payback situation. Higher yields, lower growing temperatures, better efficiency.
This is PlatinumLED.
The P300 effectively replaces a conventional 400w HPS grow light while only consuming 180 watts of actual power, while giving your plants 100% usable light that is perfectly tuned to create maximum photosynthetic response. The P300 is our most popular light thanks to it’s blend of power and affordability. It’s perfectly suited in all situations from closet grows to a full scale larger operation using multiple units to achieve full coverage. Herb or vegetable gardens will also excel under the P300.
The secret to the PlatinumLED success is combining an optimal blend of 12 different bands of complete light spectrum all the way from the depths of UV to the upper IR - giving your plants exactly the finely tuned spectrum that they need. Further intensified by integrated 90 degree secondary focusing lenses that penetrate deep within the canopy, our higher-output, cooler running, more efficient 3W LEDs simply blow away the competition.
What’s more, all of our lights feature selectable Veg and Bloom light spectrums to deliver maximum performance from seedling through final flower and harvest. The Veg spectrum features a more purple/blue heavy output which leaf development favors. Simply engage the Bloom switch together with the Veg switch to enable 100% panel power while shifting the spectral output to a bloom happy, pink/red heavy output. No need for any supplemental lighting as we have you covered from seedling to harvest.
Combine all of this with our industry leading 5 year warranty and 90-day money back guarantee and you’ll see why we offer the absolute best option for your LED grow lighting solution. You simply cannot find a better performing LED grow light at any price.
Par and Efficiency
Photosynthetic Active Radiation – ‘PAR’ – is the measurement of intensity emitted by an LED grow light. While wattage draw used to dictate growing power in old HID systems, with newer technology LED lights this is not the case! Thanks to our proprietary combination of ultra-efficient drivers and top bin US made diodes, PlatinumLED grow lights have the highest PAR per watt of any other LED grow light available today.
Through our complete 12-band spectral output, we’re able to use 100% of power usage towards actual growth. Traditional HID lights and white LEDs emit only 40% of usable light while the rest is wasted in power consumption and heat. Through the efficiency of our spectrum, our LED grow lights use less than half the electricity and heat to produce the same incredible growing power.
Read more
The Most Complete 12-band Spectral Output - From the depths of UV to the heights of Infra-Red

View larger
View larger
View larger
PlatinumLED 12-Band Spectral Output vs Chlorophyl Absorption
The PlatinumLED spectrum matches as closely as possible to the rate of absorption by the various types of chlorophyl - resulting in maximum efficiency with 100% usable light energy. HPS Spectral Output vs Chlorophyl Absorption
Traditional HPS grow lights emit only 40% usable light due to peaking in the wrong wavelengths. This results in wasted energy and excess heat - requiring more power to accomplish less. Competing Brand Spectral Output vs Chlorophyl Absorption
Cheaper LED grow lights with limited spectrum produce inferior results through decreased efficiency and lower PAR - costing you time and money and wasting any money saved on purchase.
here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=node%3D1063278&field-keywords=PlatinumLED+Advanced+Platinum+Series+P300+-+300w+12-band+LED+Grow+Light?tag=greenrel-20

Product description

Welcome to the next generation of VIPARSPECTRA “Reflector Style” V450 LED Grow Light, with full spectrum layout, reflector design and upgraded aluminum cooling heat sinks, is ideal for all kinds of indoor plants veg and flower at all growth stages.
Design:

• VIPARSPECTRA Spectrum has been developed by indoor growers over many years of careful experimentation and testing. With this light, you will see an increase in quality by growing bigger flowers that are dense and completely coated in resin.
  • VIPARSPECTRA Reflector Series are scientifically engineered to keep the balance with high PAR/Lumen and suitable Coverage. This design will not far too concentrated in the middle of the growing area which results in stunted plant growth and sunburning.
  • With revolutionary aluminum cooling heat sinks and high speed quite cooling fans, run 70% cooler than (HID) lights.
    Specifications:
  • Replaces a 400 watt HPS/MH
  • Dimensions: 15.8x8.4x2.4 inches
  • Item Weight: 6.4 lbs
  • Use for all stages of plant growth
  • Max Coverage at 24" Height 3.5x3.5ft
  • Core Coverage at 24" Height 2.5x2.5ft
  • Avg. Power Draw: 200watt
  • (90pcs) High Intensity 5Watt Bridgelux/Epileds LED Chips
  • LEDs Angle: 90°
  • Input Voltage: AC100-240V
  • Frequency: 50-60Hz
  • Lifespan: 100,000 hours
    Package includes:
    · 1 x Reflector 450W
    · 1 x Hanging Kits
    · 1 x 6ft Power Cord(US Standard 110V grounded 3 prong plug)
    Attention please:
  • Extremely bright, do not look directly at the LED bulbs when the light is working.
  • Indoor use only, not water-proof.
  • No extra ballast is needed.
  • Can be controlled by Timer.

Product information

Product Dimensions 15.8 x 8.4 x 2.4 inches
Item Weight 6.4 pounds
Shipping Weight 8.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Manufacturer VIPARSPECTRA
ASIN B015FLSOCE
Item model number V450

4.6 out of 5 stars
Best Sellers Rank #1,072 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
#4 in Patio, Lawn & Garden > Gardening > Indoor Gardening & Hydroponics > Growing Light Fixtures
HERE IS THE LINK

https://www.amazon.com/VIPARSPECTRA-Reflector-Spectrum-Indoor-Plants/dp/B015FLSOCE/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1507287282&sr=1-1&keywords=VIPARSPECTRA+“Reflector+Style”+V450+LED+Grow+Light%2C+with+full+spectrum?tag=greenrel-20

Product Description
Why Choose us?

MarsHydro led grow lights are the gains of 8-year continuously research and testing, and its primary goal is quality control.
Mars 300W led grow light has been accepted by more than 10 thousand growers because of its stable quality in last 3 years.
This grow light provide indoor plants with full spectrum, and satisfy their light needs at all growing stage.
All MarsHydro grow lights will be tested for 48 hours before packaging to decrease defective rate, and provide customers with good purchasing experience.

Attention Please:

Extremely bright, don’t look directly,please wear your sunglasses when looking at it.
Indoors use only,not water-proof
Stop using the light when the fan stops spinning.
Maintain stable voltage to avoid any damaged to light fixture.

Package Include:

1 MarsHydro300 led grow light 
1 Power cord 
1 pair of Steel hanging kits 

Product information
Product Dimensions 13 x 2.8 x 7.9 inches
Item Weight 6.6 pounds
Shipping Weight 7.1 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
Manufacturer LG-LED SOLUTIONS LIMITED
ASIN B00XC3LBI2
Customer Reviews 4.5 out of 5 stars 611 customer reviews

4.5 out of 5 stars
Best Sellers Rank #773 in Patio, Lawn & Garden (See Top 100 in Patio, Lawn & Garden)
#3 in Patio, Lawn & Garden > Gardening > Indoor Gardening & Hydroponics > Growing Lamps
Warranty & Support
Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Feedback
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?

The file i have has pic’s why they ddn’t upload i have no idea. But these all can be found on Amazon

HERE IS THE LINK

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XC3LBI2/ref=psdc_14252941_t3_B0185OLBPK?tag=greenrel-20

Will

1 Like

@Blasting awesome @Niala is a good guy glad you connected
@garrigan62 made a bunch of good options as well
Happy light purchasing lol I had good results with the lights I use which is why I’ve stayed loyal to them
I’d probably stay with the same mfg as you’ve already own but that’s me
Anyway I’d love to check out your journal tag me in when you get a min so I don’t need to search for it bro thanks
:v:CB :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 and @Blasting and @Niala

When I get ready to buy I;ll be consulting you on which L.E.D to purchase cause by no means do i know L.E.Ds. You fokes have grown using them I haven’t

Wlll

2 Likes

Hahaha so humble @garrigan62
How you feeling buddy
Your pick some good ones for sure buddy if I had the coin I’d drop it on the platinum series or the kind
For sure
I found that you don’t necessarily need to spend those numbers tho but the technology is definitely there and moving faster then we can throw $ at it hahaha next year who knows lol
I’ve been buying cob style light they run a few degrees warmer then standard leds but I like the even light given off from them
Oh @Blasting I recommend only buying full spectrum light as well not sure if I mentioned that

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I think you are right and I will most likely stay with mars hydro, i think that 700W panel will be a great add to my tent. I needed some advice to see if there wasnt a best option. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

@Blasting You will not go wrong with the Mars hydro II 700 W…

All the suggestion made by @garrigan62 @Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger are good …

I own the King plus 1000 W double chips and I am very happy with it :wink: :+1::ok_hand:

If you want other suggestions, please tag me :grinning:

P.s. I will build one this winter or next spring, one who will look like @MAXHeadRoom one with my King plus in the middle of 2 build ones…

3 Likes

I believe par-horta is a reputable source up by you guys for diy lighting and custom fixtures. Not sure if they have qb’s though.

1 Like

Thanks @dbrn32 for mention par-horta , I did’nt knew them. … For now they are only offering the Bridgelux Vero 29 DIY kit, no qb’s, but maybe they will if we ask ! ? :wink: :innocent:

1 Like

I wasn’t sure, but I would think that it wouldn’t hurt to reach out to them.

I know pricing sometimes gets tricky with import taxes, international shipping, and such. So a domestic source for you could be a very good thing. I know that cobkits sources boards directly from hlg, perhaps par-horta would set up a similar relationship if demand is big enough. There’s just as good of chance they are working on their own version as well. With the success of mid power pcb’s, it wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I only had price problem shipping fees when it come from some of the U.S. furnisher… Some of them will charge 2-3X the price of the item, just because they are “too greedy” :wink:

I don’t mind paying the federal and provincial taxes (around 15%) plus reasonnable shipping fees and money exchange rate if I don’t pay in U.S. dollar, so around 50-60% more, but not 200% , lol :wink: :innocent:

Anyway, like you said, most probably some Canadian compagny will soon end up with something :wink: or if demand is there with hlg Samsung…:wink:

1 Like

I hear ya buddy, the greed overpowers all!

From a diy standpoint, one could easily source most or all of the parts in large quantities and save people a ton of money. Even if that person were to profit on a small level, there’s still room for substantial savinga. Unfortunately, you couldn’t just post up here or on any forum without paying advertising fees and such. Once everyone gets their pockets filled, it’s hardly worth the effort.

Hi, I know of a site that you can get LEDs for that money. I purchased a 600w viparspectra full spectrum LED for $272.00 CAD delivered to my door( I live in N.B. ). I don’t know if I am allowed to mention it here.

First post here and I hope it’s okay that I resurrected this old post but there seems to be a couple people here that know Their LED’s and one from Canada (as I am as well).
Growing cannabis is now legal in my province and I’m looking in the future at a 4x2 tent Aswell but currently have nothing other than seeds and one is being planted today until I can afford a full tent with filter etc etc.
What lighting do you recommend as unlike the OP I don’t have mars hydro’s already and I heard they were low quality lights that tend to burn out after 2 grows or so.

I don’t have a soldering gun and not much time on my hands due to a 14hr 7 days a week work schedule that has me away for long periods of time.
So what should I get and who sells it in Canada or doesn’t cost a fortune to import it into Canada?

Ps this is what I was considering (the 200w version I would assume) so looking for suggestions
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B06XKW7M92/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?smid=A3FH4JZGPGFSAR&psc=1

2 Likes

I would look up horticulture lighting group canada @nicky , you are kinda right about mars hydro light, i modified most of my china fixture already to have white and more efficient light.

1 Like

1 Like