4 ILGM WW AF and a bag seed, 1st Grow

A bigger fan with a bigger CFM & better pull would suck out more hot ait and force the tent to take on more air from outside the tent

if it makes you feel any better @TokersHaven my tent topped out at 100f earlier stupid ass heat wave :frowning: they will survive it just wont thrive in it

What if i flipped the fan? Instead of blowing cold air on the light and push the heat out the other end i suck out the heat and pull in the cool? Or am i way over thinking this and it doesnt matter because its the same cfm?

that’s a good question, again this is only from what i read but moving air through a fan over a shorter distance and out over a shorter distance is better for it… was something i was going to try myself if the heatwave carries on,
but i set mine up as instructed to by Red Scorpion themselves the fan & Filter maker was only recently i read that due to current heat wave issues lol normally here its always raining so heat doesn’t play a big part

Yea im deff curious to see im gunna try it tonight. I think thats what worries me bc its rainy here now, wonder how hot will it get when its in the 90s outside lol.

@TokersHaven not sure where you are based but can you get anything like Voodoo Ice this stuff just gets added to their feed… might be worth a looks at this myself

Voodoo Heat and Voodoo Ice are brand new biostimulant products carefully designed to help plants cope with heat and cold stress problems when growing in adverse conditions. These products have proven to reduce the effects of overheating and undercooling in growing environments enabling the plant to thrive in harsh temperatures.

2 Likes

Checked this morning and my lowest was and my high 88. Sooo im getting there but its suppose to be mid 70s today so we shall see where them temps spike. Had to water today, the soil was so dry it made me thirsty lol. Not sure how i feel about the 7 gallon smart pots… Theyre nice quality and you can really tell the extra airflow thay oes through the soil. Theure just too big i should of went with the 5 gallon instead of the 7 gallonl but hey lesson learned on that. Ill check back when i get back from work today!

Hey good looking man. This stuff is cool i wonder if it will work?! Ill have to check my local hydro he might have it, if not im sure amazon has it as well.

The cool thing about HID lights is its mainly about tempreture, get a laser thermometer and check leaf temp in the middle of the plants, shouldn’t be above 80 F, 75 I’m told is ideal but mine seem to be doing way way better at 80 F.
Take humidity and temps in the middle of the tent ideally, have the dangly outdoor probe about leaf height. This gives you a pretty accurate idea of what the plants are dealing with. Good luck brew

1 Like

No worries @TokersHaven i’m going to have to bite the bullet myself and maybe buy Co2 & the voodoo ice we have some stupid heatwave at the moment and tent is not very controllable :frowning:

1 Like

Yea me to it only got mid 70s today but i topped at 86F thinking im gunna do CO2 and then the tuff you showed me. Im gunna check on them tonight as well as flipping the fan around to see if that helps at all. All i need is about a 6 degree drop driving me nuts…

Im having a pretty hard time finding the Voodoo Ice in the US…

1 Like

Walked into 84F tonight, humidity is anywhere from 65 to 75%. Still to warm, i tried flipping the fan around to see if pulling the hot air from the light would work better than blowing cold air onto the light… It didnt it actually made my temps climb to 93F. I flipped the fan back around, opened a bottom vent, and slightly repositioned the one intake fan ive got going and temporarily got it down to 82F. I think im going to try and get another fan to help circulate more air. I still can not find Voodoo Ice in American currency as well. Been a bad day gunna chalk tonight up as a loss and try thinking some more tomorrow. I also think i might have a cal/mag issue on one of my plants heres a pic…

Oh i also have a new setup for my LED id like to get 2 more to hang like this as well but have to tackle heat issue first.

1 Like

05:54 AM. This morning wasnt to bad. I managed to keep the tent 84F and below while running both lights not just the MH bulb Humidity is staying in the high 60s low 70s. Also check my tap water im going to try using to water next time. The PH is a 7.67 which is a little high for my taste however with FFOF i might be ok with the two combined because my soil it self reads anywhere from 5.9 to 6.4 on ph. Checked ppm for water its a 0.166 not sure where my range is suppose to be for that to be honest. The girls are all doing well minus my oldest. She’s deff showing signs of something going on from the brown tip and small light brown spotting, then this morning i noticed the leaf edges are starting to curl. Is this cal/mag deff. Or something else? Please see pic on last post for image of leaf. Here are some pics of the girls from this morning!

2 Likes

Thanks for the invite, I plan to follow along with you. My plants/tent seem to be at a similar stage as yours. Very nice set up…Thanks again.

1 Like

Hey no thank you man like i said the more the better!

those temps with an exhale bag will be fine mate that’s the way i would go if i was you, and whilst you might not be able to get voodoo ice ask your local hydro if they have anything like that for heat stress and use that prevention better than cure

and not sure it that’s just a moisture is rather than calmag but then i always give my plants calmag every feed lol

It’s been a few years for me but I used to have a jewlers glass (or strong pair of drug store magnifying glasses) and I could identify the preflowers on male vs female. There are tutorials out there but if you keep an eye on them and one you go to 12/12 watch them every day, I suspect you will get the males out of the way long before they threaten to fertilize any females.

Yea as of now there are only 2 bag seeds left so 6 plants all together im not that worried because i post pics 2 times a day lol someone is bound to spot them.

Well… @B345T thats great news bc after moving some stuff around fans, ducting, lights, almost everything lol i walked into this when i got off.

I almost have it right where i want it with out having to add the extra fan. I still want to find the Voodoo Ice bad tho. Id like to have it already in the plant incase of any spike in temps. Im still going to throw 2 exhale bags in the tent when i get paid.

So the two leaves on my biggest girl is way more noticeable today even found the same yellowing and spotting in its sister today. Im till leaning toward cal/mag problem but could it be because of seed? As of now the ILGM WW AFs are all doing great! Ill check back on the girls in about 7 hours. Here’s 5/26/17 evening pics. 15:50 pm