2nd Grow - first time autos & 2 big bud fem

Thank you @BIGE… needed clarification on that… 18/6 all the way through flower till the end right, kinda weird but what do I know, I’ll set the timer today, get my girls some downtime…:grimacing::+1::leaves:

1 Like

they most def. need the dark period…lol
in fact i have seen my plants grow more in the dark than the light it seems…just an observation i have made…

1 Like

@McLovin777… you deserve a break but don’t wait too long… my weed started going fast after 2 months and it took awhile to get my girls going this time…that’s why I have 4 autos and 3 photos growing and will keep germinating as I go along to keep a steady grow flow, don’t want to run out. You had a good yield, so starting a couple would be ideal at this point, wish I didn’t take a month off…pic of my girls above, I’m not vegging as long this time… later gator, good to hear from you…:grimacing::leaves: enjoy that great grow

3 Likes

You can do 18/6, 16/8, 14/10 which is my favorite cycle, any thing less wouldn’t be sufficient for vegitatively growing

Agreed. The plants need that dark period to recover/rest/recoup so they are fully charged to proficiently use the light that will be coming shortly during the photosynthesis process. Using a foliar spray right at lights out (provided there is still air circulating) seems to help the plants quite a bit as well.

Enjoy!

Just broke out the seed starter tray… Second three day weekend in a row.
I’ve got five more auto seeds (3 NL and 2 AH) that are going into the paper towel soak today.

I am totally with your thoughts on the perpetual grow - I too have autos and photos running at the same time pretty much to ensure that the mason jars stay well stocked. :+1:

I might get slapped for cross posting but at your request here are my AH and BB autos.

You are hitting up the right folks for info - @Majiktoker @BIGE and of course @Countryboyjvd1971 (way too many to mention all).

3 Likes

Looking great @RookieReefer

1 Like

Hey what’s up… @RookieReefer @Majiktoker @BIGE @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster… are my go to “grow weed” guys and have helped me very much and I trust your expertise without doubt, just wanted to say… also many many others that I’ve lost contact with, lots of great people. My photos I put on 18/6 now have to decide what to do for autos in a few minutes. Thanks for all your advice, love the pics and tag me if you remember to :grimacing::seedling:

3 Likes

@bonnie1 I’m around just busy
I would putvthe autos on 18-6 schedule and let them fly once they flower you could put them on a 12/12 just to save on electric

@RookieReefer… so many strains I want to try like NL …I’ll look for your thread, interested in everyone’s grow, happy growing :seedling::rofl:

1 Like

@bonnie1 I am currently growing chocolope outdoors and am in the process of transplanting them into a a bigger container before they go into the ground.
It seems as though there really isn’t much data on chocolope, and its yield from other growers. I have read people harvesting ounces, 2Ibs, and even up to 14Ibs from chocolope. Even searching chocolope of this forum brings up several grow diaries but at the end not much on yield/harvest is disclosed

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971… thanks I’ll do that, thanks for the help… tag me once in awhile I liked your thread :leaves::leaves::grimacing:

1 Like

@Skylives07… outdoors they will most definitely yield more than inside but mine were really good tasting and smoking dense buds, dried but moist, just right but the high isn’t as good as amnesia haze or big bud, it’s really good don’t get me wrong but wasn’t the strongest or high yield as the other two. I have 3 More seeds and will plant more for my third grow, I did like it a lot :leaves::grimacing:

1 Like

Will do @bonnie1 sorry if I don’t tag you enough I’ll keep you in mind
I’m looking be updating my thread this weekend I’ll make sure you tagged first lol

Here you go
http://ilgmforum.com/t/rookies-first-run/13609/149

I’ve received a lot of good advice from seniors since I started about a year ago. Most of it is in there somewhere… From my first three bag seed plants to the (7) photos and (5) autos that are running now.

Enjoy!

2 Likes

I may be able to get my wife to indulge in the chocolope so I too am interested in the progression of your grow.
Please feel free to tag me I’d love to follow along.

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry I missed @Hogmaster on that first note - introduced me to the correct way to bud wash. @Rugar89 @Niala @bob31 @dbrn32 and of course @garrigan62 were all contributors - among others - to keeping me on track and progressing. Again so many great folks that just love to grow weed. Awesome.

3 Likes

@bonnie1 this being my first grow I am using this as a control because the last thing I wanted was to spend money on resources to grow cannabis and never being able to successfully grow anything. So next grow I will be putting in a whole lot more effort into managing and controlling all the different variables. I just can’t wait to sample the fruits of my own labor.

@RookieReefer… thanks a lot, I will definitely browse :yum:… I should’ve had choc in a 5 gal bag not 3 and I also harvested them first and probably could’ve waited but the trichomes & amber pistils were there and I needed weed!! :joy: I know what I’ll do different this time. Yes, a lot of great people like to grow weed, I think it’s a wonderful life :joy:… yes I’ll tag you and you tag me

1 Like

@Skylives07… just got over 4 months or more of that feeling and believe me, it’s worth the wait!! When you start flower and get trichomes and watch the pistils turn color, it’s amazing and exciting. I kept a lot of growth on the bottom of my plants so I could snip off premature popcorn buds and put them in a paper bag to dry for few days. They were gooey and great to smoke, it was fantastic and I was so impressed not only with Robert’s seeds but that I actually grew better weed than the crap I paid someone’s rent for all those years. I couldn’t afford to fail either. I don’t know if I’ll ever have any bag seed again cause I’ll never buy again after growing and smoking my own. Tag me and I’ll do same :+1::leaves:

3 Likes