2nd Grow - first time autos & 2 big bud fem

I always start my seedlings around 3 ft and move it to around 24 in once they are in good veg then once they grow in flower I move it to 12 to 18 in away

Be care with distance of LED if it’s powerful during seedling stage, I always use LED “TRUE WHITE” FLOOD LIGHTS on seedlings. Throws about 11000 lumens for 2 plants at 3ft distance. Sprouts respond great and there is no stretch after 2 weeks I hit em with the LEDs but I’m running big # 1k watt x2 + 2 LED FLOODS… TINY space but getting good results.

2 Likes

@SilentHippie… I don’t know what Tutankhamen is? My lights are fine, they are several feet higher than seedlings and still getting dry, so I put another little fan between the light and seedlings and it’s better… the seedlings are perky and doing fine now, I try to take pics every other week at this stage to see the growth. :grimacing::leaves:

2 Likes

@Viktor7… my lights are good and I’m fine with the distance, just had to be reminded of seedling stages I guess. I have LEDs 300W time tunnel full spectrum lights. I’m getting another tent and probably light, things are constantly changing. Just got done with harvest and have lots to do to get ready for vegetative stage… :grimacing::leaves::leaves:

2 Likes

@bonnie1 Tuts are my sativas that I’m growing.

Still never heard of it… did you purchase from ILGM?

@bonnie1

No, they came from a Canadian seed bank. I ordered them after my first order from ILGM didn’t arrive. They got here and 3 days later my Northern Lights arrived. I just got a NL into starter soil this morning. Now I’m caring for 3 babies!

1 Like

Ready set grow! Very nice set up you have @bonnie1 I hope this grow goes as good as the first grow or even better then the first maybe you will yield more this grow then the first. Good luck.

1 Like

@Stoner_Cody420… thanks a lot, getting a slow start right now and taking little break. Just ordered another tent and took everything out of my big tent in garage. Why buy heater when I can buy another tent and put it in the same spare room inside my house. I’ll use the big tent in garage in spring and summer, harvest in the fall. Have alotta different plans :joy:… and enjoying my grow :rofl: So far WWA is growing faster than big bud!! I’ll take pics on weekend

4 Likes

@SilentHippie @Sirsmokes… just wondering what size pot to use for autos, 3 or 5? Was gonna try both, what did you use? I have 5 girls now, lookin good but still small. One white widow auto and big bud have second set of leafs (the oldest). I’ll take pic later. Was thinking about germinating one more white widow, still figuring out how many plants I need between grows :grimacing::leaves:

@Wishingilivedina420state @Jmesser80… trying to find where everyone is and what’s going on with your grow. Can’t seem to find your thread. Have questions about autos…

1 Like

@bonnie1

I’m growing photos and they will be transplanted into 5 gl fabric pots. The general consensus around here is 3 gl. for autos.

@SilentHippie… ok, so you have tuts from somewhere else and NL fem seeds from ILGM. Are tuts feminized seeds? I’m sorry sometimes taking a break ain’t good for the memory :joy:… I forget everyone and details of their grow. Also trying to find anyone’s thread, I always end up in May, is there anyway to go directly to the bottom and scroll up, do you know? I’m going to look for yours now :grimacing::leaves:

@bonnie1 3 gallon will be sufficent

@bonnie1

Yes, all fems. Tuts are sativa dominant and NLs of course indica. Wanted a little variety

Just wondering if a 5 gal would yield a bigger plant… is there somewhere to read about autos in Robert’s guides? Hate to keep asking questions just want to read whatever’s out there

@SilentHippie… just ordered a Vivosun 36x36x72 tent instead of a heater :joy: @Countryboyjvd1971… decided there was enough room in my spare room for two tents and I’ll use the big tent in garage when weather permits… and I can grow more steadily this way and avoid heating and walking down to the cold garage. My new girls are coming along good now but two biggest ones seem small to me. Big bud was tiny the first grow, it’s funny the biggest plant was the runt of the grow, need more info on autos, who can I tag?

4 Likes

Nice @bonnie1 that’s a good choice and as you said will be easier for you as well :+1:

@Countryboyjvd1971… TGIF for you today!! Weather gonna be good now, this week hot! Do you know about autos? Can I fimm or top, LST? Grow exactly like fems?

1 Like

You can top them early but needs to be done in the first 10 days or so before they start flowering
All the Autos I’ve grown and my experience with they is limited have started to flower in 12 days or so