2nd Grow - first time autos & 2 big bud fem

@Kapelady… finally got an answer on why the buds aren’t growing and countryboy said they are root bound. They’re in 3 gal bags but I’ll transplant as soon as I get soil and autos generally have a 90 - 110 day cycle I’m still in the timeframe so I feel better about that… :grimacing::+1:

@Countryboyjvd1971… Those are in with big buds with lights on 18/6… the autos have the net… go look at the flowers… so small & not growing, what am I gonna do? :weary::pray:

1 Like

Give me a min let me look back

How high are the lights from top of plants ?
Also what is feeding schedule are you using @bonnie1 amount and how you often
I will generally keep my lights about 12-18 inches of the top of the plants
@bob31 any thought on her autos buddy
You have a bit more experience with them
Or @Hogmaster you definitely can her out friend out her Also :wink:

@Countryboyjvd1971… ok the light is little lower and I’m working on that today. I only have 1 LED 300W & an LED lightbulb for more light… but I ordered another light and there will be 570W… is this enough or too much? Fox farm trio nutes, ph good, no discoloration… maybe it’s too crowded in there? I’ll work at it but I just don’t know cause all the others are doing great!

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971… was feeding every other watering and waiting for them to dry and give another feeding. The lights were on 12/12, now they’re on 18/6 since last night and I’m so confused about the light schedule… I was just going to leave them on cause I just don’t know what to do, nothing working

My girls are just a few days over 30 days old. So I took pics to post beneath your pic to show that they both have started flowering so that you can compare. They are in 5 gal pots and I just started to shut the lights off at night time last night.

The first pic is of the smaller girl (germinated later). As far as I can tell your plants seem to be at the same stage as my plants, so yours are definitely growing slower.

2 Likes

@bonnie1 …sorry this posting was meant for Bonnie so that she can compare her autos to mine. Sorry Bonnie meant to reference you in the above posting!

I’m thinking it may be a light issue @bonnie1 they need lots in flower
They look healthy otherwise

2 Likes

@Kapelady… everyone said 3 gal bags but I’ll transplant if I have to but amnesia haze looks great… wish I stuck with A.H. Yours are definitely looking the way they should and mine suck… I’m not gonna have weed what a waste of 2 months :-1:

@Kapelady it looks like you have some issues with your plants maybe it just the light but mute burn or a lock out situation seems to be happening

@Countryboyjvd1971… Ok, guess il continue on in hopes that I’ll have weed near thanksgiving or thereafter. Fixing lights today and I have some general questions and I’m sure we’ll be talking… giving you a break, I know how busy you are… I’ll be in touch. I do feel better it’s just lighting maybe thanks CB :+1::grimacing: have great day

I’m sure you will they are flowering so they are growing
Are you feeding full strength or using a lower dosage of nutrients you ppm should be in the 1800 range right now ?
@bonnie1 don’t transfer them now you’ll do more damage then good
You never want to stress Autos once they start flowering 3 gallon soft pots are plenary for them

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971… never used ppm don’t know what it is… was told my Hanna meter was enough, calibrated to 7.01 & 4.01 calibrated every time I give nutes or ph water. Ph is 6.8 but dropped to 6.4 after nutes… and feeding on 1/4 nutes like was told…

Ok… I’ll set up lights again and check ph and hope for the best. Won’t transplant

Ok I’m not a fan of feeding 1/4 or what ever
I always mix full and will feed less if they don’t need it
Meaning if I wil only feed a 1/2 or 1/4 gallon and finish with ph depending on ppm in soil
Not that your saying your feeding 1/4 strength It may be that they need more food
But I’m guessing since we don’t know the ppm of run off
I usually test run off ppm only a couple time per grow but you need to know baseline so you can feed accordingly
Let me know if you need help with that
If you don’t have a tds meter I would get one
As stated I only check mine in being of grow early veg and agian in early flower to have a idea what going on in soil after that I only check if I have a issue :+1:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971… just can’t afford anymore right now… I’ll get tds meter and when I do I’ll need your help but next few days I’m tied up… so when I go to hydro store where I get my ffof, I’ll pickup a tds meter also… I give 1tsp each of big grow, big bloom & tiger bloom in gal & check & adjust ph accordingly then check ph runoff, that’s what I’m doing every other watering

@Countryboyjvd1971… had such hard time first grow with nutes and people say 1/4 but I think 1 tsp each is more than a 1/4, hard for me to tell, idk :woman_shrugging: I’m working on it, thanks again…

@bonnie1 if those are your autos under the screen your on target :dart: and I’m with @Countryboyjvd1971 about nutes but you’re on the right track just keep doing what you’re doing 3 gallon is perfect you have to remember autos will not get you near what a photo plant will

2 Likes

@Hogmaster… thanks Hogmaster… maybe I’ll increase nutes and go by the schedule for last 4 wks but I will dilute it, idk we’ll see. I just adjusted the lights to 570W LED in auto tent (4 autos) is that too much? They are 9-12 inches from top of plants and big tent has 600W for photos. The light schedule: what to do… was on 12/12 for autos as soon as I saw flowers, do you think it’s ok to go back to 18/6 to give more light? What would you do?

1 Like