2nd grow DIY DWC

Here we go again! Made my own 27 gallon reservoir this time. Going to try 2 stages. Excited for grow number two.

6 Likes

that looks like a winner! @leslijnz
i see you have a rocket ship air pump! lol got to have them bubbles!

1 Like

Looks professional haha looks great

1 Like

As long as you have the air pump higher than your Reservoir , get rid of all those check valves …because the only thing they do is hinder your air pressure… if you don’t believe me , take one off and plug it in and see how much more air you get off of that one line then you do with all the other lines with those check valves… :wink:
What are you using the middle bucket for , I’m just curious … I like the design… I’m a little intrigued , but at the same time I have a similar setup with built-in Chillers that I am going to start running … will post up some more pics later… :wink:
I love what you have going , can’t wait to see the results …that’s why I love this website so much… we all get to learn different things… :wink:

:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The middle hole could be used for another net cup. I’m just trying to simplify from my last grow. This time I’m just going to use the middle as an access for testing the water and changing the reservoir and obviously as a line in for air lines. I got lucky and found a lid from a cooking bowl that fit perfectly in the 5 inch hole.

1 Like

3 Likes

Very nice setup and I love your way of thinking … everything that you did makes total sense… I’ll be sharing a couple of pics with you just to give you more ideas of different things that you can do to get the best results out of your system , because you may have not thought of it already… :wink:
Here was my veg units… I’m changing things though , as I type this … :wink:

It holds 17 gallons of nutrients , has a built in chiller and is a top feed rdwc unit… :wink:
Here it is in use …

The reason that I’m changing things at this very moment is to gain more space , decrease amount of nutrients , keep the chiller and rdwc features and get rid of the top feed because it’s not needed … :wink:

2 Likes

Nice. What are you using as a chiller? Are those frozen 2 liters? And where is your line in for the recirculation? Funny, I got rid of my top feed lines last grow too.

2 Likes

Dropped 1 ak47 auto and 1 white Widow auto into rockwoll April 6. Both have now sprouted.

1 Like

Yes the two liter bottles are in a 5 gallon bucket which is basically my chiller… there’s a line that comes out from the front of the tote and goes to the left and then go’s into the 5-gallon bucket … there’s a little pond pump inside the bucket that pumps water out of the 5 gallon bucket and drops it into the back side of the tote where the plants are at and is gravity pushed back to the five gallon bucket to be recirculated once again…
Here is a pic of my flowering units which is a recirculating system but instead of only having one five gallon bucket I have two 5 gallon buckets that sit beside my flowering unit and the reason for that is so that I can dump nutrients right into the bucket and gravity feed back into the tote so that way the water is a little bit more stable and it’s not colder on one side then it is on the other side of the tote , also I have a reinforcing lid on the back bucket that allows me to set a 5-gallon jug on top of that and gravity feeds water or nutrients so that I can be away from my house for a week and a half to two weeks at a time and not have to worry about my system running dry… :wink:

4 Likes