20 Amp Breaker Tripping: Tent 95F

If you look up Square D how to make a plug or a new circuit on YouTube it is so simple

2 Likes

I’m gonna check this out real quick.

2 Likes

The wire size for a 30A breaker should be a size 10AWG. If your wire is a 12 then the wire is the weakest part of the circuit. BAD!!!

When you had it on the extension cord and it still tripped the same breaker then it’s the same circuit even if it is in another room. Try another receptacle

@barry1 I think that’s what I said
30amp needs 10/2

3 Likes

I didn’t go up the thread that far. MY bad. Feel breakers 2,4 & 6. If any are hot then you have too much current draw. 2 & 6 may have tripped from the heat off of #4. @hillbilly103 @Hogmaster. I’m a retired electrician too. I would say it would be safe to run the extension cord temporarily until you have another ckt installed.
Oops forgot to mention. Keep part of the appliances on the original ckt and only change the HID or dehumidifier to the extension cord.
In your pic of bkr box It looks like 2 4 & 6 are tripped. you have to turn them off and then back on for them to work.

4 Likes

@barry1
No problem
Been there got the shirt lol
Out of likes :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

I’m jealous that you have a 20​:blush: All I have for my entire basement is one 15 amp. :rage: I’m trying to figure out a one plant grow there over the winter without popping fuse and losing my freezer. NO $$ available for upgrades sadly. Same problem with my garage. BUT I’m wishing you success as you’ve received a great deal of advice here from what I’ve read so far.

@SmoknGranny what are you using for lights and fans in your grow? There are some pretty efficient options, probably at higher cost, but I think you could comfortably get there.

Hey, I wish I could come help you! I just finished wiring up my room, journal coming soon hopefully. I had to put in a whole new sub panel because I didn’t have any breaker slots left in my box. If you feel handy enough and depending on where your room is from your box you could pretty easily “run a new line” meaning add a new breaker used for only what you want in your grow room. I learned how to do all my stuff on YouTube, but don’t do anything u don’t feel safe doing ( the current in the box can do more than fry your hair).

Thanks for responding. I’m in the process of trying to figure out HOW I can do a winter auto inside. Plus, use items I already have like cfl light bulbs, 8 1/2" metal clamp light fixture, 2 small fans, etc. I’m on a very limited budget so trying to make do with what I have :blush:. My biggest obstacle is badly done wiring in my house, locations of outlets, 15 amp breakers, and $$. Heck, I had electric fire this past winter in the garage as the heater for old bird dogs was pulling more than 15 amps. So here I am trying to get ideas for growing seed to harvest, a beginner on a budget. :blush:

1 Like

Trying to be really efficient on a budget can be difficult. But I’m sure you can get a lot of suggestions. I would start a new thread with support ticket so the op’s thread doesn’t get hijacked.

Thanks. I will do that later today :blush: I’m a firm believer that where there’s a way and duct tape!!! LOL

1 Like

Just read my reply…need more COFFEE!

1 Like

Started a new thread. Thanks again :blush:

I’m going to be running a dedicated line myself soon off of a 20a breaker so that I won’t have any limitations like I do with my current 15amp breaker. I bought 100ft of some 12/3 wire that was already in metal conduit ($45 at home depot) and I’m just gonna run that through my garage to my room upstairs.

1 Like